• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Hey Mr. Larry,

I have a couple questions. It slipped by me somehow but the targets I had printed off are Match Grade instead of Unlimited. This was my mistake. Is there a difference in the two? Also, for an X, do I have to touch the center dot or take it out completely?

Thank You Sir

Hey Mr. Larry,

I have a couple questions. It slipped by me somehow but the targets I had printed off are Match Grade instead of Unlimited. This was my mistake. Is there a difference in the two? Also, for an X, do I have to touch the center dot or take it out completely?

Thank You Sir
The bulls on the Match Grade and Unlimited are the same size, so no difference there, and no problem. For the X-count, you only need to touch the dot, to score an "X". I'll move your score to the Unlimited group since that is what you intended. Thanks for asking your question and for shooting.

Larry

Reactions: BowChamp
The bulls on the Match Grade and Unlimited are the same size, so no difference there, and no problem. For the X-count, you only need to touch the dot, to score an "X". I'll move your score to the Unlimited group since that is what you intended. Thanks for asking your question and for shooting.

Larry
Thank you Sir!!!

I shot another target today, that's when I noticed the BIG writing on the top that said Match Grade. :rolleyes: :geek: 🤣🤣

I'll get it scored and send it your way.

I'll see about getting the right targets printed off. Sorry for all the trouble.

Here's my Unlimited target from today, and a few pics from the range.

20230702_224837.jpg

20230702_224837.jpg

20230702_183630.jpg

20230702_182830.jpg

20230702_182922.jpg

20230702_183247.jpg

Last edited:
BowChamp, very good shooting! I have your scores posted.

Does SK Semi-Auto always shoot this consistently?

Larry
Mr. Larry.

So far it has. I've only shot about 100 rds of it so far. I've seen a couple shooters mention it and I had a chance to buy a case at what I think is a very fair price...so I rolled the dice and jumped on it.

Here's my first go with it. Started with a clean barrel...... Top left sighter is the first 10 shots, foulers and one scope adjustment, last shot drilled the center. I then shot all 25 bulls for score. Got carried away and let the strong 15 MPH gust get me on 3 shots...got lucky on bull #20...not so much on bulls #2 and #4. Then I shot all the sighters on the right..said hummm. I went back to the three lower left sighters and shot 5 shots into each of them...yes....those are three 5 shot groups. This why I decided to give it a try on the JBELL target. So both targets in under 100 rds.

Now I wish I had 5 cases of this lot#!!! LOL!!! Again...Thank you Sir for keeping up with all this, for us!!

20230701_164407.jpg

Larry
Here are two of my July targets.
Could you answer me on how to count an X on Unlimited and Match Grade? Do you touch the dot or cover it completely?
Thanks
Jerry

Attachments

• Scan_20230705.png
    Scan_20230705.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • Scan_20230705_2.png
    Scan_20230705_2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Dawhit
Larry
Here are two of my July targets.
Could you answer me on how to count an X on Unlimited and Match Grade? Do you touch the dot or cover it completely?
Thanks
Jerry
Fine shooting Sir!!!

I had the same question, just to make sure I was scoring properly. I've seen it both ways....ARA takes it out and PSL touches it.

This was Mr. Larry's response.....

Larry

Mr. Larry.

So far it has. I've only shot about 100 rds of it so far. I've seen a couple shooters mention it and I had a chance to buy a case at what I think is a very fair price...so I rolled the dice and jumped on it.

Here's my first go with it. Started with a clean barrel...... Top left sighter is the first 10 shots, foulers and one scope adjustment, last shot drilled the center. I then shot all 25 bulls for score. Got carried away and let the strong 15 MPH gust get me on 3 shots...got lucky on bull #20...not so much on bulls #2 and #4. Then I shot all the sighters on the right..said hummm. I went back to the three lower left sighters and shot 5 shots into each of them...yes....those are three 5 shot groups. This why I decided to give it a try on the JBELL target. So both targets in under 100 rds.

Now I wish I had 5 cases of this lot#!!! LOL!!! Again...Thank you Sir for keeping up with all this, for us!!

View attachment 8176571
BowChamp, thanks for sharing the info. It's been hard to find some good ammo, and I have not tried any SK. I might just have to try some and see how it shoots in my rifle.

Larry

This is for the JBell 6X5 - shot by me on July 21 / 2023 at exactly 50 yards:

6X5 best of .2388

- Vudoo 360 MPA Comp Chassis
- Vortex Strike Eagle Scope
- 2 different lots of SK Std Plus
- Shot from bipod and rear bag

- 6X5 aggregate average of .2388 (using a bullet diameter of .220). However, I am not sure what diameter to use, as I see some using .222? At a bullet diameter of .222 diameter the group size average is .2368". SK STD Plus lot 22911

- 6X5 aggregate average of .278 (using a bullet diam of .220). lot 20023

Eventhough this is my first post - I have been following this site for a long time and finally decided to join up. Love the rimfire section.
Not sure if we are supposed to post pics of the gun or not? I never took a pic yesterday at the range though. This is a pic taken earlier with a Delta Stryker on top.

Thks

SK STD Plus.jpg
my gun.jpg

-

Last edited:
Reactions: BowChamp

6X5 best of .2388

- 6X5 aggregate average of .2388 (using a bullet diameter of .220). lot 22911

Eventhough this is my first post - I have been following this site for a long time and finally decided to join up. Love the rimfire section.
Not sure if we are supposed to post pics of the gun or not? I never took a pic yesterday at the range though. This is a pic taken earlier with a Delta Stryker on top.

Thks

View attachment 8188445View attachment 8188446
Rifle pics are not required, but thanks for including yours. Nice looking Vudoo!

Which group would you prefer I post? In your first 6x5, the overall average is the best (.238 vs .278), and in the second 6x5, the best individual group (.131 vs .165) is best?

Thanks for shooting and posting!

Larry

Last edited:
This is for the JBell 6X5 - shot by me on July 21 / 2023 at 50 yards:

6X5 best of .330 KIDD Semi Auto 10 / 22
1.jpg

- KIDD 10/22 - MDT Oryx Chassis
- Athlon Midas TAC
- ELEY Semi Auto BR

- 6X5 aggregate average of .330 (using a bullet diameter of .220).

KIDD.jpg

Last edited:
Rifle pics are not required, but thanks for including yours. Nice looking Vudoo!

Which group would you prefer I post? In your first 6x5, the overall average is the best (.238 vs .278), and in the second 6x5, the best individual group (.131 vs .165) is best?

Thanks for shooting and posting!

Larry
Please use the 6X5 average of .238 for the best average. Are we able to use the second group that has the .131 for best group? If the best group has to come from the best 6X5, then please still use the .238 average.

The aggregates are what I was really after in doing a 6X5 - to compare lots and evaluate precision.
thanks

Last edited:

6X5 best of .2388

- 6X5 aggregate average of .2388 (using a bullet diameter of .220). However, I am not sure what diameter to use, as I see some using .222? At a bullet diameter of .222 diameter the group size average is .2368". SK STD Plus lot 22911

Thks

View attachment 8188445View attachment 8188446
-
Welcome to the party....nice shooting!!

Reactions: Precision Quest
Please use the 6X5 average of .238 for the best average. Are we able to use the second group that has the .131 for best group? If the best group has to come from the best 6X5, then please still use the .238 average.

The aggregates are what I was really after in doing a 6X5 - to compare lots and evaluate precision.
thanks
Welcome aboard. Shoot all of the matches and enjoy the party.
John

thanks
We pick the best individual group from your best 6x5 group, but in this case, you shot two sets, so I wanted to check which you wanted me to post for you. You can also re-shoot matches during the month, and if your results are improved, then I'll change your posted results to the new values.

I have your scores posted!

Larry

Last edited:
We pick the best individual group from your best 6x5 group, but in this case, you shot two sets, so I wanted to check which you wanted me to post for you. You can also re-shoot matches during the month, and if your results are improved, then I'll change your posted results to the new values.

I have your scores posted!

Larry
thank you

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Shoot date August 2nd.
First time - lots of fun shooting the wind. I couldn't properly see the centre dot with my Midas Tac 25 power scope.

KIDD 10/22 - Match Grade Rifle Match 50 yards.
Ammo: Eley Semi Auto
Shot from bipod and rear bag

Match Grade Rifle Match.jpg

Last edited:
CZ 457
RWS Special Match - first time trying it.

6X5 = Aggregate Average .348
Best group .125"...close but near impossible to get a 0.0X group outer black edge to black edge. Probably mostly a fluke.

Shot from bipod and rear bag
Shot August 2, 2023
CZ 457 - 6X5 at 50 yards.jpg

close.jpg

cz457.jpg

Last edited:
Did two of these today. 50yd Factory with a CZ 452 American and 50yd Iron Sight with a Kimber 82 Govt. both with Remington Eley Target Rifle. Haven’t played with that Kimber with the aperture sights in a looooong time.

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpeg
    IMG_4422.jpeg
    622 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4418.jpeg
    IMG_4418.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Precision Quest
Did two of these today. 50yd Factory with a CZ 452 American and 50yd Iron Sight with a Kimber 82 Govt. both with Remington Eley Target Rifle. Haven’t played with that Kimber with the aperture sights in a looooong time.
TX_Dan, you're the first ever iron sight submission, and boy did you tear it up at 50 yards! Well done! I have your scores posted. When I first started shooting .22 rifles, I had a H&R Model 12. I miss that rifle, but it had a scope on it, not the iron sights that you used.

Larry

Hey Larry, and good afternoon. While you were avoiding the cold in the winter, I find myself avoiding the heat here in Charlotte. To find a cool morning has been difficult.
I headed to the range on Sunday to shoot and went to pull out a target for my Factory Match and found I had used the last one last month. I did find a Match Grade target. So I shot this one for grins. Definitely not the best score, but heck any shooting is fun.

Have a great what's left of summer,
John
IMG_8072.jpeg

Hey Larry, and good afternoon. While you were avoiding the cold in the winter, I find myself avoiding the heat here in Charlotte. To find a cool morning has been difficult.
I headed to the range on Sunday to shoot and went to pull out a target for my Factory Match and found I had used the last one last month. I did find a Match Grade target. So I shot this one for grins. Definitely not the best score, but heck any shooting is fun.

Have a great what's left of summer,
JohnView attachment 8200100
John, double check your score. I count 176/0x, counting your score on each bull.

Thanks,

Larry