• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes wth is this little knob thingy?

mauser_addict

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2010
snohomish, wa
i just got my fm today and well never having put more than say 75 bucks into optics and drooling on the higher end glass i am very impressed. the ffp will take some getting used to but even with both sun shades on the picture is clearer than my eyesight. it didnt come with any warranty cards, pamphlets or instructions, as i've heard, but it has this funny little knob i've never seen on a scope before right behind the focus knob. anyone know what it does? i've looked all over and found nothing.

634125299393831179rd5kfure-1.jpg

tia.

Re: wth is this little knob thingy?

cool thanks. now i just need to work up some loads while i'm waiting on weaver. i mounted it to my rifle and the rear top mount sits 1/16 taller than the front so the tube floats in the front ring. hurry up and wait some more...

What a perfectly timed post you made, I got my scope today too and wondered exactly the same thing... what the heck does that little knob or port do??

Thanks for the post & the answers posted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didnt r2d2 have one of those on him in star wars?
I think it is a limiter that keeps your scope from wandering off!
wink.gif
</div></div>Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abizdafuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is for the erector spring tension...as covered in their new manual online.

Falcon Overview </div></div>
Wish they would have spent 15 cents and put one of those in the box with my scope.

And another dime to put a half-page reticle subtension diagram in too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abizdafuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is for the erector spring tension...as covered in their new manual online.

Falcon Overview </div></div>
Wish they would have spent 15 cents and put one of those in the box with my scope.

And another dime to put a half-page reticle subtension diagram in too! </div></div>

Ask and you shall receive
wink.gif

EMD (Enhanced Mil Dot Reticle)

ML16 (Mil Line Reticle)

This new web site of theirs just came up a few weeks ago, I only found it while trying to find the reticle info myself.