• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

X - Vectronix Shooting Solutions

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Welcome to Vectronix Shooting Solutions !
    IMG_2024-06-30-151210.jpg

AVAILABLE MAGNIFICATIONS​

VECTOR X 8x42

8×42
    130 m / 390 ft
    Field of View
    (at 1000 m / 1000 yd)
    11×42
    Magnification
    with Range Enhancers
    Price USD
    VECTOR X 10x42

10×42
    111 m / 333 ft
    Field of View
    (at 1000 m / 1000 yd)
    14×42
    Magnification
    with Range Enhancers
    Price USD
    VECTOR X 12x42

12×42
    92 m / 276 ft
    Field of View
    (at 1000 m / 1000 yd)
    17×42
    Magnification
    with Range Enhancers
    Price USD

IMG_0126.jpg

EASY TO NAVIGATE HUD SCREENS​

Our solution to this challenge are the three separate HUD screens of the VECTOR X that display the target information arranged by order of importance. By pressing the left or right button of the D-Pad of your VECTOR X, you can swiftly toggle between the three HUD screens to access the different types of target information.

FIRST HUD SCREEN​

features_HUD-1-1024x613.webp

Besides the target distance and azimuth, the first HUD screen displays the most important information for shooting related uses cases: elevation and two windage values (depending on wind direction and speed) calculated by Applied Ballistics Elite. Firing solutions are displayed either in MRAD or MOA. Within this HUD screen you can effortlessly adjust the display brightness level using the up and down buttons.

SECOND HUD SCREEN​

The second HUD screen shows your wind presets (Wind 1 and Wind 2). You can easily adjust the wind speed within this HUD screen with the up and down buttons of the D-Pad. Also displayed on the second HUD screen are the inclination to your measured target and the time of flight of the bullet according to the activated gun profile.
    features_HUD-2-1024x613.webp

THIRD HUD SCREEN​

features_HUD-3-1024x613.webp

The third HUD screen displays the activated Gun Profile and the remaining energy and velocity of the bullet at the measured target distance.

NO BALLISTICS​

If you do not use the Applied Ballistics Elite features of your VECTOR X, all target information generated with a measurement is displayed on a single HUD screen. Besides the measured distance it shows the target azimuth, inclination and the equivalent horizontal range (EHR).
    features_HUD_no-ballistics-1-1024x613.webp

APP CONTROL​

Your VECTOR X is much more than just a rangefinding binocular and the VECTRONIX SHOOTING SOLUTIONS app is the key to extending its capabilities tremendously. Besides being a convenient tool for adjusting general settings and transferring them to your VECTOR X, the app offers many innovative feature tailored to long-range shooters and hunters. With the app, you generate your gun profiles, which – after having been transferred to your VECTOR X – are used by its onboard Applied Ballistics Ballistic Elite solver to calculate precise firing solutions according to your measured target distances.

features_mobile-app_second-screen-1024x613.webp

TARGET CARD​

The target card feature of the VECTRONIX SHOOTING SOLUTIONS app allows you to populate a target card for multiple targets. By triggering range measurements remotely with the app, target information and firing solutions for each measured target are arranged in a target card. You can then transfer your target card to an E-DOPE card or save it as a PDF-document. When printed out and cut to size, place your range card in the transparent compartment of the lid of the soft case of your VECTOR X.

features_pouch-billboard-1024x613.webp

KESTREL WEATHER METERS​

features_kestrel-hornady-4dof.webp

Kestrel 5700 Ballistic weather meters have become an essential piece of equipment for many long-range shooters and hunters. Not only because they measure important environmental data but also due to their integrated ballistics solvers. The top models of the 5700 are equipped with either Applied Ballistics Elite or Hornady 4 DOF. When you connect your VECTOR X with a Kestrel 5700 Ballistic weather meter, the environmental data measured by it will be used by default by your VECTOR X for calculating firing solutions.

GARMIN DEVICES​

Garmin wrist-mounted computers are robust, high-performance navigational devices engineered to meet U.S. military standards. These rugged devices, equipped with integrated Applied Ballistics Elite software, are widely utilized by military personnel and civilian shooters worldwide. When connected to a compatible Garmin device featuring Applied Ballistics Elite, your VECTOR X transmits precise measurements of distance, azimuth, and inclination to the Garmin device.

features_garmin-foretrex-701_wide-1024x613.webp

Currently the following Garmin wrist-mounted computers are compatible with the VECTOR X:

• Foretrex® 701/901 Ballistic Edition
    • tactix® Delta-Solar Edition
    • tactix® 7
    • instinct® 2X Solar Tactical Edition

BALLISTICS APPS​

features_hornady-4-dof-app.webp

Connect your VECTOR X to the free app version (available for Android and iOS) of the Hornady 4DOF calculator and get highly accurate ballistic solutions even in areas without wireless connection. Since the release of the app in August 2016 its user base has grown to over 300000 active users – a clear testament to the high quality of the Hornady 4DOF ballistic calculator.
    The TRASOL iOS app, developed by renowned precision rifle manufacturer Desert Tech, is a great connectivity partner for your VECTOR X. It is a powerful tool for long-range shooters who shoot to 1500 meters and beyond. Besides providing highly accurate ballistic solutions and a very high level of usability, TRASOL also incorporates heads-up display (HUD) technology that uses the built-in camera and onboard sensors of your iPhone and iPad.
    features_trasol-app.webp

How is the glass quality and what glass would it compare to @Lowlight ? Big issue with the current offerings seems to be great LRF and mediocre glass, or great glass and mediocre LRF. I think we are all hoping this is the answer with both great glass and great LRF.

Reactions: Secant
    How is the glass quality and what glass would it compare to @Lowlight ? Big issue with the current offerings seems to be great LRF and mediocre glass, or great glass and mediocre LRF. I think we are all hoping this is the answer with both great glass and great LRF.
    Did you see the review @Area419 put out on @youtube. That might help you out on glass.

Reactions: Punkur67
    It's great that when connected to a Garmin it transmits distance, azimuth, and inclination. But @Garmin needs to fix the 901 lack of changing wind direction when shooting different DOF/azimuths.

I'm interested in the glass quality of the Vector X above everything else.
    This! It kind of works, but there's a glitch I can't figure out. Should be an easy firmware update.

Reactions: NiteQwill
    Frank, the description lists the eye relief at 17mm for the 12x version/yours. I noticed that your eye cups are twisted out for your needs, is this normal for you or did you find the eye relief to be a bit longer than normal?

I was pulling my glasses on and off so I just had them out.

I felt the picture was amazing, the fidelity of the targets, even the signs at 3800 to 4200, I can read them, one was the curve arrow, there are a couple. The other at 4219 was a left turn ahead for CR-EE where the range is CR-GG so a 3ft triangle I can read

Any idea of when these will ship? I pre-ordered the 12x with the SMR reticle and no extenders. My use would be western hunting and range use. No competition. The dual reticle seems a bit busy. If I would have gone 10x and extenders I would have gotten the DMR.

If you have already uploaded the profiles from AB into the VECTOR, are you just connecting the Kestrel for wind only? The VECTOR has it's own onboard atmospherics I thought. Or do people just use one vs the other due to heat soak issues or other reliability/accuracy issues or something?

Reactions: J Scott