• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

I ran mine at Rifles Only too, while I was there, the lock started to bind a bit, but I was able to loosen the turret cap, wiggle it and re-tighten it bringing everything back to normal

We played with it a lot, the guys from the online review posted on the Hide were there, so we messed with it a bunch, and constantly messing with it, we were able to recreate the issue, but as I said, I loosened it up, let it settle and no issues.

I really enjoyed using it, the first day I didn't wear my prescription glasses, (big mistake) but other than one target in the fog early the first day, i was really happy with the sight picture. The repeatability was first class, even messing with it in the middle of a match.

I had a dozen people playing with it, no drama

Now, just find a bipod that stays put ?

Reactions: Lowlight
Now, just find a bipod that stays put ?

That was actually funny the first time when I thought it was operator error after it turned out not to be my fault things went south. :alien:

Nothing like starting a 15 shot string and seeing your bipod fall off and land in front of the firing line. :p:eek:

Ran my ZCO in the RO Brawl this weekend. I got a tiny little bit of play but absolutely no complaints in actual application at the match. Scope ran great.
I ran mine at the Brawl also, I didnt have any issues with the turrets at all. Although I was able to mimic the mess up the video guys had. I spoke to frank about this (black bearded guy). If I set the turret just a slight hair off alignment when I would lock them they didn’t line up. I wanted to recreate the issue from that scope. But it was a very simple fix. If they don’t line up super smooth set the lock, loosen the turrets screws and just slightly jiggle the cap, then retighten the screws. That allows the turret to line up with the splines in the housing making it easy to lock & unlock.

Scope ran great, on day 1 we were one of the first squads to be on the tower, I’m sure the other shooters can attest on the fog. I was clearly able to see splash on the 1000yd target. Not many people could make out the target much less the splash. It wasn’t my best finish but the scope handled perfectly. My biggest downfall was the mover stages. I’m in love with the scope, it performed flawlessly.

I didn’t perform well overall. But the tower stages I was pretty happy with.

Dialed out 7.4 with zcomp for 1k yds 1st rnd Impact.

Dialed for 900, Impact

Dialed 800, little too much wind hold, second round Impact

Dialed 700, couldn’t tell if I missed high(breathing) or missed right(too much wind). Stopped there as 2 misses in a row would reset.

All or nothing stage was a kyl at 400yds or a single shot on the 1k (10” square) for 10 pts. Dialed 7.4 again and pegged it again.

Next day tower, mover at 427yds, then static targets at 300, 500, 600yds, then back to mover. Miss 2 in a row and you’re done. Missed the first shot on mover, then cleaned the stage, dialing for each shot. Par time was 1 minute.

Long story short, this thing dials true, and it dials fast.

It's sure great to see some nice comments on the performance of the ZCO scopes under match conditions. Thanks for all the support to everyone willing to give these a shot straight out of the gate!

Let @trophyhunter and I know if you have a demo or something you want us to attempt to destroy. ???

I ran mine at the Brawl also, I didnt have any issues with the turrets at all. Although I was able to mimic the mess up the video guys had. I spoke to frank about this (black bearded guy). If I set the turret just a slight hair off alignment when I would lock them they didn’t line up. I wanted to recreate the issue from that scope. But it was a very simple fix. If they don’t line up super smooth set the lock, loosen the turrets screws and just slightly jiggle the cap, then retighten the screws. That allows the turret to line up with the splines in the housing making it easy to lock & unlock.

Scope ran great, on day 1 we were one of the first squads to be on the tower, I’m sure the other shooters can attest on the fog. I was clearly able to see splash on the 1000yd target. Not many people could make out the target much less the splash. It wasn’t my best finish but the scope handled perfectly. My biggest downfall was the mover stages. I’m in love with the scope, it performed flawlessly.

What are you doin needing to see splash? ???

It's always tempting to get the latest and greatest, but what does the ZCO give you that your Minox and AMG don't already provide? Not saying you shouldn't get the ZCO, just wondering what you think you'll benefit from with the ZCO that you don't already have with your current scopes?

Just revisiting this for discussion sake.

I completely agree here. If you don’t see a huge benefit (objectively or subjectively as they both matter) then don’t do it.

For me, perfect (for me) reticles with locking turrets and forgiving parallax was absolutely worth it to me. As well as ..25m focus.

The ergonomics and such was icing on the cake.

From here though, it’s gonna be a much tougher road for me to attempt to keep up the latest and greatest as 95% of my needs are accounted for here with zcomp.

I see the product info on the ZComp site lists left side windage, but I don't see a part number/SKU for them for 5-27 or 420. Am I looking in the right place?

I see the product info on the ZComp site lists left side windage, but I don't see a part number/SKU for them for 5-27 or 420. Am I looking in the right place?

We do have the capability to offer the left side windage and is obviously something we've looked at due to added benefits to the shooters. At this time though, due to current demand, we are focusing on filling current orders with standard configuration. The left side windage option will be revisited but probably not for quite some time. We appreciate the question, thank you.

Thank you all for the impartial reviews and good, no-nonsense info about these scopes. That, coupled with ZCO's active presence here and responsiveness to customer issues/questions has made the decision much easier for me. I wanted tier 1 glass for my new build and after all I learned here, put 10% down on a ZCO527 with CS Tactical yesterday. Thanks again Richard for taking so much time to answer my questions and get me up to speed with the state of the industry as I have not been in the market to build a rifle in a decade.

Now the wait begins. Scope should show up around the same time my stock is done. I will be sure to post some photos/video and impressions after getting some trigger time.

Thanks again Richard for taking so much time to answer my questions and get me up to speed with the state of the industry as I have not been in the market to build a rifle in a decade.

Mike and Richard are fantastic resources for the Hide, the fact that they sell Scopes and gear is just a bonus! Kudo's to CS Tactical and their excellent customer service.

@earthtrekker1775 @wjm308 Thank you very much guys! Our goal at CS Tactical is not just to be a vendor here but to be part of the 'hide and Precision/Long Range community. We're making some changes now to both improve customer service but also supply more in stock options of actions, stocks, chassis and associated gear. We've brought on another member to CS Tactical which happens to be a 'hide member and competitor to elevate us to the next level. Stay tuned ;)

The ZC420s are being built right now, tested, and QC. They'll be coming very soon!

Kramer-Oh-yeah.gif

Once CS and Mike high are sold out of this batch, I might know a guy that paid for one and might not keep it if anyone is interested ??

I don’t want to take away from a hide vendor sale though.