• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

Dumb question, does the scope come with a sun shade in the box? Sorry if this question has been asked already.

This is what’s in the box

Attachments

• AA1CB111-D73D-41BB-89CC-2F14F540969F.jpeg
    AA1CB111-D73D-41BB-89CC-2F14F540969F.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: jaystep
Will be taking it out more tomorrow and Sunday will have a lineup of hendsoldt, tangent, Schmidt, kahles, and several others to look at it next to.

Will like write up something on Monday. But won’t be a “it’s better than this, but not that” glass comparison, as that gets too muddied up.

894FB353-4F12-42CA-A4D2-05D486FC52EE.jpeg

Will be taking it out more tomorrow and Sunday will have a lineup of hendsoldt, tangent, Schmidt, kahles, and several others to look at it next to.

Will like write up something on Monday. But won’t be a “it’s better than this, but not that” glass comparison, as that gets too muddied up.

View attachment 7020977
OAF with that night vision bridge

Reactions: ND Precision Rifle
What size spuhr mount would be best for a 20moa rail? My scope should be here next week, the only spuhrs I see in 36mm are the 1.5" 0moa.?

Your choices are 1.18” and 1.5”.

If you have a flat top chassis, or have an nvg rail, go 1.5.

If it’s just the barrel you need to clear, 1.18 should get it done.

Reactions: Aceteck
As you can see here, I have the low 20moa AI rail, and an nvg Mount without the rail attached. I need a 1.5” to clear properly.

If I took the nvg Mount off, I could run a 1.18.

If I attached the rail to the nvg, I’d need to add the high rail to the AI for proper alignment.

58D29032-76BF-4A56-ACC3-3E4D2716F579.jpeg

Hm, wonder if I should sell my Minox and AMG to pick one of these up.
It's always tempting to get the latest and greatest, but what does the ZCO give you that your Minox and AMG don't already provide? Not saying you shouldn't get the ZCO, just wondering what you think you'll benefit from with the ZCO that you don't already have with your current scopes?

Reactions: MOUNTIC
It's always tempting to get the latest and greatest, but what does the ZCO give you that your Minox and AMG don't already provide? Not saying you shouldn't get the ZCO, just wondering what you think you'll benefit from with the ZCO that you don't already have with your current scopes?
New hotness chasing. Better clarity or resolution or brightness. Ultimately, I want a Minox with better turrets that can be serviced here.

Right now one of the two doesn’t have a home, so it’s almost an opportunity to sell both and go real big. Even TT big, but until I see a Gen3 XR in the flesh I won’t commit to TT even if Armament Technology will be around until there’s no wars left.

New hotness chasing. Better clarity or resolution or brightness. Ultimately, I want a Minox with better turrets that can be serviced here.

Right now one of the two doesn’t have a home, so it’s almost an opportunity to sell both and go real big. Even TT big, but until I see a Gen3 XR in the flesh I won’t commit to TT even if Armament Technology will be around until there’s no wars left.
I hear you on the “being serviced here” thoughts, I like scopes that can be serviced in the USA quickly. I don’t have an issue with my Minox turrets but I’ll be curious once ZCO gets their turrets figured out how they compare.

Last edited:
I hear you on the “being serviced here” thoughts, I like scopes that can be serviced in the USA quickly. I don’t have an issue with my Minox turrets but I’ll be curious once ZCO gets their turrets figures out how they compare.

I've probably handled more ZCO's than anyone outside of ZCO themselves and I could not duplicate the issue posted in that video.

Last edited:
I've probably handled more ZCO's than anyone outside of ZCO themselves and I could not duplicate the issue posted in that video.
I hear what you're saying, but others mentioned they had similar issues as well as preferred the feel of the windage over the elevation, ZCO has said they will fix those issues, that's what I'm referring to.

PS - I bet you have handled more than anyone you lucky dog!

Reactions: JPOPS
I hear what you're saying, but others mentioned they had similar issues as well as preferred the feel of the windage over the elevation, ZCO has said they will fix those issues, that's what I'm referring to.

I have an mpct2 showing up later this week. I’ll report back if the turrets feel the same as my mpct1.

My mpct1 elevation feels a little different than my windage. Can’t say one is “better” than the other. But I can feel a difference.

To be fair, this is common on many optics.

I have an mpct2 showing up later this week. I’ll report back if the turrets feel the same as my mpct1.

My mpct1 elevation feels a little different than my windage. Can’t say one is “better” than the other. But I can feel a difference.

To be fair, this is common on many optics.
Is this the first of the mpct2’s or have they already been trickling into the wild?

Other's? I saw a sample of one with a potentially problem and @gebhardt02 offered to get it fixed quickly, the rest I've seen is more based on the 'different feel' of the turrets that doesn't mean there is something wrong with them. They did make an extremely minor revision that has the elevation replicate the 'feel' of the windage. But I do not see any issues. There's not one scope manufacturer we carry or have carried that you can name that has not had an issue with their scopes regardless of the cost, anything man made can have an issue but the Tier one scopes tend to have less issues much less often.

Other's? I saw a sample of one with a potentially problem and @gebhardt02 offered to get it fixed quickly, the rest I've seen is more based on the 'different feel' of the turrets that doesn't mean there is something wrong with them. They did make an extremely minor revision that has the elevation replicate the 'feel' of the windage. But I do not see any issues. There's not one scope manufacturer we carry or have carried that you can name that has not had an issue with their scopes regardless of the cost, anything man made can have an issue but the Tier one scopes tend to have less issues much less often.

I didn't say there was something "wrong", I said "once ZCO gets their turrets figured out" and what you've just stated with "They did make an extremely minor revision that has the elevation replicate the 'feel' of the windage." infers the "figured out". I also never said that no manufacturer has not had their issues, they certainly have. Minox had numerous turret issues when they first released the ZP5, they worked hard to get those issues resolved so newer models tend to have a better turret feel than older ones, does it mean the older models had something "wrong" not necessarily, they just took customer feedback to make them better and that's what I see ZCO addressing as well, we know these situations occur even among alpha class scopes, I'm not pointing the finger at ZCO, was simply just stating I'll be curious how the ZCO turrets compare to the Minox ZP5 (newer) turrets once they get their turrets figured out - meaning refined based on customer feedback.