• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

Thanks man. Looks good.

The illumination has been advertised as daylight bright. Not sure if that’s only with red or not.

Might want to check on settings. I recall video mentioning “daylight” settings. That might just be referring to the intensity settings though.

If not. I’d be asking zcomp for clarification

Only seen the green so far. I'll play with it on red sometime because the green seemed a little underwhelming.

Interesting on the turrets, keep us updated. Damn beautiful scope

Incredibly beautiful.

Only seen the green so far. I'll play with it on red sometime because the green seemed a little underwhelming.

Incredibly beautiful.

If you don’t mind, let me know roughly how much clearance you have under the bell of the scope.

Taking some measurements tomorrow. Putt an nvg rail (mainly to function as a handgrip) on the AT and want to make sure it will clear it without the rail.

If you don’t mind, let me know roughly how much clearance you have under the bell of the scope.

Taking some measurements tomorrow. Putt an nvg rail (mainly to function as a handgrip) on the AT and want to make sure it will clear it without the rail.

I'm at school right now, so I won't have it on a rifle until summer.

But! The mount is 1.18" and the outside objective diameter is 2.48". That puts the objective at -0.06" in relation to the rail it's mounted on.

Thanks MT, sorry to keep asking for more, but any chance you could get a shot with an actual daytime target/image in the background, just curious how contrasty the green illumination is compared to the red in daylight situations. Next question is, how many think they would actually use green illumination over red and why?
WJM,

I use green lights at night for hunting so I could see how a black un-lit reticle, or a red reticle would work. I know others use red light for predator or varmint hunting at night. I could see the green illumination being useful there. I personally don't use red flashlights so I can't comment based on experience. Take it for what it is...

Reactions: Glassaholic
If you can afford a ZCO, you should also own a thermal if you hunt at night... Nahhmsayinn

Lol, didn't think of that...
Good point, but if you're broke like me, and you have a ZCO, you probably have absolutely nothing left, or a shit load of debt Haha! ???

Last edited:
Thanks MT, sorry to keep asking for more, but any chance you could get a shot with an actual daytime target/image in the background, just curious how contrasty the green illumination is compared to the red in daylight situations. Next question is, how many think they would actually use green illumination over red and why?

If the shipping stars align, I should have an mpct1 by next Friday.

Mpct2 from CS shortly after hopefully.

Once it’s officially shipped, I’ll make a (reasonable) list of requests and see what I can do.

Reactions: JPOPS
Thanks man. Looks good.

The illumination has been advertised as daylight bright. Not sure if that’s only with red or not.

Might want to check on settings. I recall video mentioning “daylight” settings. That might just be referring to the intensity settings though.

If not. I’d be asking zcomp for clarification
The green illum just doesn't have as much contrast during daylight. Because of this it'll seem dimmer in bright daytime. Please use it in a variety of lighting conditions and let us know what you think.

Really liking the ZCO. Reticle is great. Tracks true, perfect tension on the mag ring and great parallax. Here's a picture of my wife using the ZCO to put a 1" group together at 371y with the 47L. Her group is top right red dot. Girl can shoot!

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2308.JPG
    IMG_2308.JPG
    642.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    535.5 KB · Views: 266
Really liking the ZCO. Reticle is great. Tracks true, perfect tension on the mag ring and great parallax. Here's a picture of my wife using the ZCO to put a 1" group together at 371y with the 47L. Her group is top right red dot. Girl can shoot!
That scope looks sweet.How are you liking the ARC rings? And what height did you go with.

Reactions: gebhardt02
I decided to pull the trigger and pre-order the 4-20 from Mile High today. Why does anyone care? Well, I think it's worth noting because I had been planning on buying a Schmidt and Bender 3-20x50 Ultra Short with MSR2 reticle until reading this thread and hearing people talk about the Zero Comp products. The 4-20 fits right in the same category as the S&B Ultra Short and frankly, I like the MPCT1 reticle better. The Zero Comp has every feature I want, a clean reticle and similar price point. I'm usually wary of new products and companies, but given the pedigree ZCO has and @Lowlight's confidence, I'm taking the leap. I look forward to shooting 2019 matches with some Zero Comp glass. So thank you all for the info on this thread. Thank you @gebhardt02 for your responses on here as well.

I decided to pull the trigger and pre-order the 4-20 from Mile High today. Why does anyone care? Well, I think it's worth noting because I had been planning on buying a Schmidt and Bender 3-20x50 Ultra Short with MSR2 reticle until reading this thread and hearing people talk about the Zero Comp products. The 4-20 fits right in the same category as the S&B Ultra Short and frankly, I like the MPCT1 reticle better. The Zero Comp has every feature I want, a clean reticle and similar price point. I'm usually wary of new products and companies, but given the pedigree ZCO has and @Lowlight's confidence, I'm taking the leap. I look forward to shooting 2019 matches with some Zero Comp glass. So thank you all for the info on this thread. Thank you @gebhardt02 for your responses on here as well.

Was Mile High able to give you a lead time?

Indeed, but that was clearly one that needed to go back for warranty. Little different here I believe.
That video looks very familiar :) it indeed had to go back for warranty repair. TT was VERY quick with turning it around. A detriment of their turret and zero design is something so simple at a glance as having a turret marking off, can NOT be reset by the end user. Man i miss that scope.... the glass is incredible.

I was really really really wanting the ZCO; but, a series of big life decisions and a health issue has put me off from shooting for a little bit. I love that the release is going well for ZCO, and hope to pick one of these up in another year or two when I come back.

That video looks very familiar :) it indeed had to go back for warranty repair. TT was VERY quick with turning it around. A detriment of their turret and zero design is something so simple at a glance as having a turret marking off, can NOT be reset by the end user. Man i miss that scope.... the glass is incredible.

I was really really really wanting the ZCO; but, a series of big life decisions and a health issue has put me off from shooting for a little bit. I love that the release is going well for ZCO, and hope to pick one of these up in another year or two when I come back.

Let us know when you're ready again :)

Reactions: Renomd
With the little experience I've had with mine today, it's a little of both. The turrets lock on a spline, so they have to be lined up with the number to lock down. It takes a little wiggle to lock down and I would be fine with that.

Really, it's the turrets having a slight play in them. When rotating the turret, you'll overshoot the mark by .05 mil and it'll make you question for a little bit what mark it's on. If you apply some slight pressure back the other way when you come off the turret, it'll line right back up again. I really don't think it'll hurt my performance with it, but the less things that threaten to screw my mind up during a stage, the better.

EDIT: the windage turret is absolutely perfect and functions exactly like I would expect the elevation to.
Any chance u can post a video of the turret overshoot? Thx!

Reactions: JPOPS

The video in the other thread is pretty representative of what's going on. Mine isn't as bad as that (it just needs a smidge of back pressure to line up right rather than an actual effort to turn it back) and it seems to be getting better. It's not so bad that it'll put me off a click anymore and I probably won't send it back for a fix unless I just have the random time and patience to or if something else goes wrong with it.

Not to miss quote CStactical, but I was on the phone with them yesterday. I believe they are preparing something to show us, and was assured the turrets are just fine. Very nice group of guys over there, and I appreciated them spending the time with me to ensure I’d get a product up to my satisfaction.

Quick question. I emailed tenebraex about caps and a kill flash and they said that zco would be retailing them directly and to contact you guys? Any words or updates on caps and kill flash then?
It was posted on another thread, the adapter ring and ard may not be in production yet

Attachments

• 3A2A9E80-983C-461A-BA68-0DF38C3A5CD4.png
    3A2A9E80-983C-461A-BA68-0DF38C3A5CD4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
It was posted on another thread, the adapter ring and ard may not be in production yet

Yes I realize that was posted, but go try to buy any of those parts.
That's why I emailed tenebraex directly, and they said zco would be selling them.

I would assume "under development" also, but I don't work there so I don't make those claims.
Screenshot_20190207-170655.png
Screenshot_20190207-170715.png

Last edited:
Yes I realize that was posted, but go try to buy any of those parts.
That's why I emailed tenebraex directly, and they said zco would be selling them.

I would assume "under development" also, but I don't work there so I don't make those claims.View attachment 7020261View attachment 7020262
The covers you can buy, I got them from Europtic, the tenebraex adapter and ard are not yet available