• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

You all have very different experiences with the ZP5, this is also the first I am hearing of large sample variation of glass, I know they had some early turret issues, but have not heard of glass issues out of these scopes. I don't want to hijack the thread further as this isn't supposed to be about the ZP5 or TT.

The good news is it sounds like ZCO may have a real winner with their scopes which is great news for the community.

All my parts at dropped off at Spartan with @MarcS the ZCO 5x27 has been on order with @CSTactical it will be a shame to have Marc's artwork not capped off with equal glass!

Waiting anxiously......

Thank you for your patience... We want to get everyone's scope to them, we get them shipped out as soon as they come into us.
We're glad that we don't have anyone back-ordered from 2018 anymore. :)

I own a TT 3-15 and a ZCO 4-20. I’ve also had a couple 5-25 TT scopes. To me TT is the winner in the turret department. That doesn’t mean the ZCO turrets are bad. They’re very good but very different and you need to feel them both to understand and decide which you prefer. Glass is a toss up between the two for me. Both excellent. I’m buying another ZCO because reticle/cheaper.

Everything else is tier 2 IMO

Last edited:
been following this closely unfortunately taxes hit me hard. I rely want to try one of these best scopes but might be waiting while longer. it's great to hear zco has basically theta level glass depending on how youreyes like to see things. @JLP83 is the turret difference because of the extra lockfeature of the zco that the theta doesn't have?

I believe the guys at zco have a winner with all these great reports coming in. lots of features too it seems. surewish my wallet was much fatter. Some day I'll get one, no doubt! For now I'll have to settle for the $1K mark stuff.

@ejames The ZCO is crisp and fast. The spacing between clicks shorter. The TT is very firm and thumps along. Totally to be expected with the amount of adjustment difference.

The locking turrets are nice but don’t factor into the different feel between the two.

Last edited:
I don't think it's an issue of whether or not it is a "fair" comparison, it could be that SAMR is trying to decided whether or not he (assuming SAMR is a he) should purchase a ZC527 or the ZC420. For example, Schmidt makes the 3-27 scope and a 3-20; however, some shooters opt for the 3-27 because it is better optically in the 20x range than the 3-20 is, but if the ZC420 is just as good in the 15-20x range as the 5-27 then I can see some shooters preferring the shorter, lighter ZC420. I disagree with your assessment that the ZC420 will not be on par with the ZC527 at 20x, while that may be the case, it is not necessarily true, different optical formula's perform differently and it's entirely possible that ZCO has created a scope in the ZC420 that is every bit as capable as its bigger brother at the top end of its range, but we won't know until someone puts them to the test.

“We won’t know until someone puts them to the test”

This is why I laugh at this crap so often! I have a zco 4-20 and Zco 5-27 sitthibg here. Ive looked through 2 of each but my assessment isn’t good enough because I’m not Hk dave or Ilya. Nothing against those guys but it’s laughable that my assessment isn’t good enough for any credit. Go ahead and wait for those guys to get sent a scope by manufacturer and write a shiny polished sponsored review. I put my $ where my mouth is and will be out shooting.

More I hear about these, the more I like them. If only I was independently wealthy...I'm not sure how you guys afford so much high-end gear, but good for you. I need one of you to adopt me or something. I'm 34, in reasonably good health, will bring you a beer when requested, and I'm pretty good and cleaning guns.

Why is everyone comparing the ZC527 to Tangent Theta? It seems to me ZCO were going after the Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 and that was their benchmark, not Tangent Theta. The elevation travel, 36mm tube, Austrian sourced components. Frank even compared the two in his video.

Does anyone own both and have a comparison? I was going to buy the Hensoldt but it seems that the ZC527 has similar features for half the price. That and I prefer the MPCT2 reticle vs the Hensoldt. Now, if anyone has a Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 with H59 reticle please let me know.

“We won’t know until someone puts them to the test”

This is why I laugh at this crap so often! I have a zco 4-20 and Zco 5-27 sitthibg here. Ive looked through 2 of each but my assessment isn’t good enough because I’m not Hk dave or Ilya. Nothing against those guys but it’s laughable that my assessment isn’t good enough for any credit. Go ahead and wait for those guys to get sent a scope by manufacturer and write a shiny polished sponsored review. I put my $ where my mouth is and will be out shooting.
Not sure where that came from? You clearly misunderstood my response.

Why is everyone comparing the ZC527 to Tangent Theta? It seems to me ZCO were going after the Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 and that was their benchmark, not Tangent Theta. The elevation travel, 36mm tube, Austrian sourced components. Frank even compared the two in his video.

Does anyone own both and have a comparison? I was going to buy the Hensoldt but it seems that the ZC527 has similar features for half the price. That and I prefer the MPCT2 reticle vs the Hensoldt. Now, if anyone has a Hensoldt 3.5-26x56 with H59 reticle please let me know.

The hendsoldt basically priced itself out of real contention. Even people who don’t mind spending on an optic typically don’t see it as a valid purchase. Especially if you don’t like an h59.

A buddy of mine owns both. Said the glass is likely a bit better on the Henny, but it’s not worth enough to justify the expense over the zco.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Yesterday, I checked on my order at Mile High and number 3 on the list for the ZC 4-20x50 w/ mpct #2 reticle....so hopefully sooner rather than later on delivery!

Initially, I am going to set this scope up on a Vudoo v22 and debating ARC rings verses Spuhr mounts. I have not used or handled either of these two mounting systems, looking for opinions. I understand this is largely a personal preference....I do value the ability to easily transfer the scope from one rifle to another...weight would be second concern.

Also, since my Vudoo v22 is 6-8 weeks out (waiting on a Manners PRS2 mini chassis stock) interested to hear your thoughts on height of mounts/rings....I do not anticipate adding any MOA to the mount or rings...Vudoo will have 30 moa rail installed and going to add scope caps.

Finally, are the ZCOs threaded for sunshade and do you know if ZCO is going to offer a sunshade?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike4837
Yesterday, I checked on my order at Mile High and number 3 on the list for the ZC 4-20x50 w/ mpct #2 reticle....so hopefully sooner rather than later on delivery!

Initially, I am going to set this scope up on a Vudoo v22 and debating ARC rings verses Spuhr mounts. I have not used or handled either of these two mounting systems, looking for opinions. I understand this is largely a personal preference....I do value the ability to easily transfer the scope from one rifle to another...weight would be second concern.

Also, since my Vudoo v22 is 6-8 weeks out (waiting on a Manners PRS2 mini chassis stock) interested to hear your thoughts on height of mounts/rings....I do not anticipate adding any MOA to the mount or rings...Vudoo will have 30 moa rail installed and going to add scope caps.

Finally, are the ZCOs threaded for sunshade and do you know if ZCO is going to offer a sunshade?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Spuhr and ARC are both quality and can’t go wrong. Spuhr is slightly easier to see over the rings to the turret as they are flat on top.

1.18 spuhr or 1.1 ARC should work

Optic is threaded. Last I heard, they don’t have an eta for sunshade. They do have an ARD available that should help with sun a bit.

Spoke with Jeff Huber last week and he mentioned they are shipping scopes most every day....My timing was good as the waiting list on the mpct #2 was much shorter than the mpct #1....I was third on the list when I placed my order at Mile High.

Reactions: Mike4837
Wolfhunter,

Originally was going to order the mpct #1 but after looking at the reticles a bit closer and reviews of other folks on SH, etc...I decided to go with the mpct #2 - preferences could change based on the mpct #2 reviews....I guess we will see...

I think as more people shoot matches they find they really don’t need a tree reticle. Most matches only have 1-2 or less stages where you are not allowed to dial or don’t have enough time to dial.

Also, with bullets that cheat wind more and more as time goes on, you’re not holding far enough off the plate that you’re way out in empty space.

Reactions: kindabitey
I think as more people shoot matches they find they really don’t need a tree reticle. Most matches only have 1-2 or less stages where you are not allowed to dial or don’t have enough time to dial.

Also, with bullets that cheat wind more and more as time goes on, you’re not holding far enough off the plate that you’re way out in empty space.
That's where I'm at. I started with the H59 and still like it well enough, but I've realized how little I use it and how to get around hold overs without it. Then I shot a course with Nightforce's Mil-R and while I don't love the reticle and think it could be better designed, I really enjoyed the simplicity. Thus I bought the MPCT 1 in my ZCO. I'm super stoked to try it out.

That's where I'm at. I started with the H59 and still like it well enough, but I've realized how little I use it and how to get around hold overs without it. Then I shot a course with Nightforce's Mil-R and while I don't love the reticle and think it could be better designed, I really enjoyed the simplicity. Thus I bought the MPCT 1 in my ZCO. I'm super stoked to try it out.

This is just a personal opinion, but if I ran h59, tremor3, mil-xt, gr2id, or any actual grid reticle, I’d rarely dial. Otherwise, what’s the point of having all that reticle?

I know many people who run them and dial everything they can. And I just can’t help but ask “why?” I guess it’s one of those better to have it and not need it things. But just never made sense to me.

I look at at the tree on reticle as a utility “in case” I have to use it. So it doesn’t have to be extremely detailed.

Reactions: Aceteck
Optically the zcomp performed slightly better than the TT.
Take that for what it's worth but I spend a lot of time examining glass lol.

3 people looked through it at a 1 mile target, both at 25x or close to it on the zcomp. Tt was at max. Could resolve 1 mile impacts with both but the zcomp was more crisp while the TT was a bit more of a rounded edge. Zcomp also showed the tinge of green in the sage while it was a muted in the TT.
As far as turrets and clicks that's everyone's preference but the zcomp controls turned much easier. The clicks we're different but of the same quality you could say.

Optically, the zcomp is superior to the hensoldt 3.5-26
IMG_20190422_140351.jpg

IMG_20190422_140218.jpg

IMG_20190422_140406.jpg

Zcomp is a bit smaller size wise also.

Last edited:
everything is far behind have you not been paying attention

I am completely overextended at this point to rush anything out.

I have class this week for MHSA, I leave for AK for class, 8 days, at which point between those two alone do you suspect I will get it done ?

I am working on Lessing my workload and as of today I have turned down 3 different requests for reviews. I am finishing what I have, including the Zco stuff and then I am done for while until I can get fully caught up.

You'll see bits and pieces but no hard conclusions in video until I can sort out my travel and time

everything is far behind have you not been paying attention

I am completely overextended at this point to rush anything out.

I have class this week for MHSA, I leave for AK for class, 8 days, at which point between those two alone do you suspect I will get it done ?

I am working on Lessing my workload and as of today I have turned down 3 different requests for reviews. I am finishing what I have, including the Zco stuff and then I am done for while until I can get fully caught up.

You'll see bits and pieces but no hard conclusions in video until I can sort out my travel and time
Wait what? You're busy? I can't imagine why ;) Seriously, "not far behind" being relative, was just curious more if you planned a video review rather than thinking or asking for one soon.

I don't think it's an issue of whether or not it is a "fair" comparison, it could be that SAMR is trying to decided whether or not he (assuming SAMR is a he) should purchase a ZC527 or the ZC420. For example, Schmidt makes the 3-27 scope and a 3-20; however, some shooters opt for the 3-27 because it is better optically in the 20x range than the 3-20 is, but if the ZC420 is just as good in the 15-20x range as the 5-27 then I can see some shooters preferring the shorter, lighter ZC420. I disagree with your assessment that the ZC420 will not be on par with the ZC527 at 20x, while that may be the case, it is not necessarily true, different optical formula's perform differently and it's entirely possible that ZCO has created a scope in the ZC420 that is every bit as capable as its bigger brother at the top end of its range, but we won't know until someone puts them to the test.
Thanks, WJM. That's exactly the point of view that I'm asking from. If both models perform the same at the same magnification, then I would lean towards the shorter, lighter scope. I have read the same thing about the S&B and other scopes, but did not want to assume this is the case for ZCO. If the designers/engineers have designed and constructed these scopes in a way that eliminates the difference, then that would be very helpful information in making a buying decision. Perhaps others are planning on a 527 due to similar experiences with other scope models, and may "overlook" (this is not the best word) the 420 as the best choice for them. Sorry if I have muddied the waters with my questions, though.