Accuracy International AT-XC

I asked about this when the CBP rifle came out and was told it's the nature of the photoshoping they did for the press release photo since that rifle in that configuration did not exist at the time. If you look at the CBP rifle you posted it's a lot easier to see the interface between the grip and chassis doesn't look smooth and natural.

Reactions: gamewarden
it's insane that the AT-X Mil and the Border Patrol guns aren't available for sale to civilians. I'd take either... or both.... but this is a company that nuked their patterns for the AW, both the action/chassis and the skins.... AI just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon
The grip angle thing is interesting... I much prefer the grip angle on my AXSR over the AT-X with the same Ergo grip.

Pictures are different on each website. (AI, MHSA, Euro).

The Euro video has a normal AT-X grip angle:

This guy has a new AT-XC that also has the standard grip angle.

Seems like some photoshop shenanigans.

Reactions: gamewarden
Thumbhole AT and ATM
Green
Standard, Mag and Lapua bolt face bolts

That would be my ideal pair

They only need one model of AT. Green with thumbhole stock. Similar to the old AW. There’s still a decent crowd that’s into the old school AI’s vs the new stuff

Exactly.

In 2014, Tom Irwin mentioned that they were planning for an AT in .300 Winchester Magnum - however without the needed options to swap calibers.

I mentioned this as a possible project for Accuracy Obsession (they were working on short action / AT chassis option then) using the AXMC (can't remember the model acronyms that well any more) platform - but he didn't think there was any point.

Last edited:
I must say, they've made an outrageously handsome rifle.
I'd rather have my Coup de grace action and build, but it isn't as pretty as the atxc all kitted out.
Good luck next year when arc designs a new one and discontinues all support for that CDG like they left all the nuc and arch owners lol

gtfo-denzel-washington.gif

Calling out another company over product support in an AI thread is pretty laughable.
Yeah that’s downright hilarious 🤣

I was just cruising the ARC website and they still support all of their actions from what I’m seeing spare parts wise.

You can get a spare bolt head for under $200 compared to $1000 for the entire bolt body plus bolt head that AI charges.

Criticizing any company over spare parts support (except for Sig) compared to AI is laughable.

Reactions: Cody S
Good luck next year when arc designs a new one and discontinues all support for that CDG like they left all the nuc and arch owners lol

View attachment 8498598
for people like us who actually burn through our guns I'd recommend buying your spare parts in advance, I already have some stuff, it's very cheap from ARC.
back to this gorgeous AI masterpiece that I in no way can afford.

for people like us who actually burn through our guns I'd recommend buying your spare parts in advance, I already have some stuff, it's very cheap from ARC.

I'm 3 weeks into an unknown wait for a couple of spare triggers and breech rings for my AT's. If I see them by the end of the year I'll be genuinely shocked.

Good times :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cody S
Like AI parts are ever available. In advance. After the fact. During. Ever. Never.

I love AI rifles, however, I dislike AI as a company.

They're very much like HK in regards to how they view the civilian market support. As long as they have military contracts the civilian market comes in a distant second in priority.
That’s because AI is a company that has its roots in Mil and LE contracts. It’s a company that was designed around that platform and branched to civilian market more with things like the ATX and what not

In my opinion it’s one of the things that’s makes them so popular but yet not preferred by prs shooters.

It’s a rifle designed for and proven in combat that branched into civilian market. Not the other way around. So it’s priority naturally will go to what’s kept it alive for this long

Not to mention when companies get contracts in Mil or LE they agree to provide support for those products. So parts and warranty service or even training on the rifles are included in that contract

AI is also I believe a much smaller company than we realize

Reactions: Dendro