• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I’m def scared of that ancient math

.25” =USA MATH 😂

Grant me the strength...I gotta just walk away...
tenor (1).gif

The reason I ask.os this becomes the reality of setting up guns when you shoot with NV. I think folks have this idea of "one way" to set up a gun and it doesn't work when you introduce NV and a limited front rail space. I used to teach: put on your PVS-22/26/30 mount your scope, then adjust your LOP. Just like a stop and go traffic the guys at the end of the line are going to feel the accumulated adjustment. Who really gives a shit about the literal length of your forearm? The stock seats in your shoulder. Your elbow is a joint and can bend. Your neck length is more important.

Low ring height is the same thing imo. It is over emphasized here. Use the cheek piece and lift the face up. There isn't really any advantage to being as low as possible on a gun like an AI. But you have to have enough height to align your scopes exit pupil with a UNS. As a matter of reality with NV.

Just an observation that flies in the face of a lot of common belief on SH.

For sure. There is a sweet spot for me with how my shoulder/upper chest and elbow feel the most comfortable when im position which is a tad longer than what I think most folks run. I also don't like the "feel"? of the ax stock when it's adjusted past halfway so I use the spacers to keep it collapsed 75% of the way in. Got to be the most comfortable rifle I have ever been behind.

Do you just have a short action ai? The axmc has about 3" more rail space iirm and I don't have an issue getting my 30 up there with how x my day optic was set up. My ar on the other hand....

Jeezus.....I shoot whitetail like dogs where I grew up on the east coast. Never had to be that hard.
I’m from western Pennsylvania, where they close down schools for opening day of rifle season lol. We have a “3 up” antler restriction in our management zones. By the time our season starts, most deers are in the lockdown phase. If I’m lucky, second rut will kick up soon.

I mean...it's not a purse it's a satchel....but yes I am running zco as my primary these days

View attachment 7489269
Back when the show “24” was on, Jack Bauer always had a conveniently hidden satchel stashed somewhere for when he needed it. I always joked that it’s not a satchel unless it has a gun, sat phone, and fake IDs in it. I highly doubt LeBron has anything in his besides some black dye hairspray and an affirmation journal telling himself he’s better than Jordan 😂

Reactions: J-Ham
Back when the show “24” was on, Jack Bauer always had a conveniently hidden satchel stashed somewhere for when he needed it. I always joked that it’s not a satchel unless it has a gun, sat phone, and fake IDs in it. I highly doubt LeBron has anything in his besides some black dye hairspray and an affirmation journal telling himself he’s better than Jordan 😂
Tbh I don't watch basketball and I just needed a walking away gif haha

Thanks to MikeM @ MHSA ... new ASR made it home. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Have a NF beast moving from my A308 to this. Got a 24" 6.5CM in the same color. Manage to get a great deal on a Ultra SR here so that went into ATF jail a month ago and got a Dominus SR for the 6.5/308.

View attachment 7489802
Now I don’t have to look at it in all it’s glory when I go in there haha she’s a beauty man!!

Reactions: craigos
Sure thing, AT is the starter model and AX is the hot rod! Most want the hot rod. :)

Or call the AT a more budget friendly model, they both use the same barrels so... in essence both should perform just as good.

Either AI sells lot more AX variants compared to AT, or the AX owners are lot more active in this thread lol. The AX to AT ratio seems to be 50 to1..

Last edited:
Sure thing, AT is the starter model and AX is the hot rod! Most want the hot rod. :)

Or call the AT a more budget friendly model, they both use the same barrels so... in essence both should perform just as good.

Not that it means anything but, I'd say there would be 5:1 AT to AX in competitions here in Australia.

Starting load dev with 175smk’s. The fifth shot I yanked the ever living shit out of and plopped it 0.3” away from what would’ve been a solid 0.4” group. Now that I have the gun set up properly, shes a dream to shoot. Also I highly recommend the Piet recoil trigger for the labradar. Works like a dream and didn’t miss a single shot suppressed this evening
49B0F1D7-CDBE-423B-8099-972275CB335D.jpeg
4169BF7E-8E3B-4650-934B-633E6EE9DBBC.jpeg

Starting load dev with 175smk’s. The fifth shot I yanked the ever living shit out of and plopped it 0.3” away from what would’ve been a solid 0.4” group. Now that I have the gun set up properly, shes a dream to shoot. Also I highly recommend the Piet recoil trigger for the labradar. Works like a dream and didn’t miss a single shot suppressed this evening View attachment 7491003View attachment 7491004

Man you got like 13.3 mils on the rifle... You shooting subs?

Either AI sells lot more AX variants compared to AT, or the AX owners are lot more active in this thread lol. The AX to AT ratio seems to be 50 to1..
AT for a couple years...upgrade.

AX for a couple years...spend 2 years making your own upgrade because you’re a glutton for punishment...

Let’s see what the next couple years bring 😂

5B807E76-5A9D-47E0-8E02-1B617DB66904.jpeg

46C8FCA4-5476-4A1F-A1C2-4A40FB6FAE1D.jpeg

A7BE70D4-886C-4F6A-A646-E7F50D2FAE4E.jpeg

you need to explain exactly what you do... what are you shooting? Deer coyotes hamsters hogs cats?...they pay you? Per head or what... where Do I send my resume?

I work for an airport that allows vetted, security cleared employees to take weapons onto the property to participate in the wildlife management program. Squirrels, rabbits, fox, coyotes, ducks, geese, turkey, deer, bear, haven't seen any hamsters or hogs yet.... It's considered a perk. As I mentioned earlier you can hold onto that resume for at least another year.:(

Last edited:
Went from shorty to long for a class. Placeholder for outdoor pic later

View attachment 7485786View attachment 7485787

Took .2 right and 1.7 up going from a 18” button 6.5 with Gemtech sandstorm ti can to a 26” Bartlien with 338 ultra can.

Was getting dark, rushed the final group at the end through mirage. American gunner ammo and a $300 700 round barrel off the for sale section.

View attachment 7486359

View attachment 7486360
What foot are you using on the EI bipod @deersniper ?

I run an Elite Iron on my AXMC 338 LM. Not sure I have ever seen a foot like that one.