• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

My only regret is not buying one sooner. The AT is an amazing rifle and even better value. I own an AXMC but I would be just fine with an AT.

Edit: I would pay for the folding stock option though.

Dumb question: does anyone actually regret buying an AI?

I can afford an AT currently.

Is the AX chassis that much better?

The people that do regret buying an AI most likely do so because they didn’t try out the ergonomics first, and ended up not liking something about the chassis. The AI chassis is what it is: AT or AX both feel identical when you’re behind the rifle. Unless you go into it with the plan of de-bonding an AT and bolting it into an MPA chassis, make sure you like the feel of it (most do).

As for the AT vs AX debate, there is lots of info out there comparing them, both within this thread and many other threads. Having owned both (still have the AX) I will say this - if you want quick buttstock adjustments, get the AX. If you plan to ever run NV, get the AX. If there’s even 1% of you that wants the AX over the AT, save up and get the AX. Otherwise you’ll end up buying both.

The people that do regret buying an AI most likely do so because they didn’t try out the ergonomics first, and ended up not liking something about the chassis. The AI chassis is what it is: AT or AX both feel identical when you’re behind the rifle. Unless you go into it with the plan of de-bonding an AT and bolting it into an MPA chassis, make sure you like the feel of it (most do).

As for the AT vs AX debate, there is lots of info out there comparing them, both within this thread and many other threads. Having owned both (still have the AX) I will say this - if you want quick buttstock adjustments, get the AX. If you plan to ever run NV, get the AX. If there’s even 1% of you that wants the AX over the AT, save up and get the AX. Otherwise you’ll end up buying both.

I like the grip (I have small hands and the trigger shoe adjustment is nice).

I’d be putting an ingenuity Gunworks tail on the front. And I pretty much set and forget my cheek height.

Sounds like the AT will work for me. Just getting some last minute input.

Nope. I got mine for $3700 with a bunch of extra goodies, and I don't regret it a bit. I do kinda regret selling the AE MK2 I had before in order to afford the AT, though. Would have loved to keep them both!

But I honestly don't feel slighted in the least. I don't really need all the extra adjustability or other doodads on the AX line. I did purchase a target buttplate to get cant and vertical adjustment of the recoil pad, but that was about $90 used. So I'm still around $2K or so under the cost of a used AX. I don't see what could make them worth that much more, in practical application. I love my AT, though!

ETA: @PBWalsh said it right, huge savings while still retaining the sexy thumbhole skins (which I rock, and prefer over the standard skins)!

Reactions: Provokedsniper
I have 4 AI’s and all of them are awesome. I will say the current AX chassis is superior to the AT, in my opinion. The adjustability on the AX puts it in a different class than the AT.

Again, just my opinion.

I have 4 AI’s and all of them are awesome. I will say the current AX chassis is superior to the AT, in my opinion. The adjustability on the AX puts it in a different class than the AT.

Again, just my opinion.

What adjustments are you making that you can't or are more difficult to do on an AT? And how often do you make adjustments? I haven't made any adjustments since I mounted the scope on my AT.

Is the AX Chassis better than AT? I think so. Is it $2500-3000 better? To me it wasn't. I still haven't figured out why is the price difference between folder AICS AT and AX chassis $450 but it's $3000 between AIAT and AX rilfes.

I cringed when I put the card down for the purchase, but no regrets since then. Actually, I think owning my AT has made me a better person in life.

"But babe, owning this precision instrument has made me a better man! I just need to learn how to transfer that precision to all the other areas of my life, and then I'll be the perfect husband!" :ROFLMAO:

Something like that! Its probably more of me being happier to have something I really enjoy. When I am happier, I'm nicer to my wife and kids! They get to go with me when I buy ammo, and when I buy reloading stuff- that is quality time with the family.
My wife is happy when I go to the range, because I'm not home. Its really a win for all!

Reactions: kujuak and Basher
444FA48F-622B-4CEB-9AB6-F8112AA1E985.jpeg

I certainly don't regret buying mine. For my needs, the AX was worth it. I can see how it wouldn't be worth the extra cost to many though.

I ordered an AT. I think it will work out. If not, I’ll trade/sell and upgrade. Thankfully these things seem to hold their value pretty well.

Reactions: Bkultra
Anyone running an ingenuity Gunworks rail on their AT? I’ve seen them on AX. I currently run them on my jae’s and love them.

Curious as to the fit and function on an AT.

Ehh depends where you live, if I was in the midwest or further I’d completely agree with you. In the southeast (Alabama) sage green just makes way to much sense. PB would shimmer like gold amongst the green canopy that envelops the southeast.

Reactions: Luvman
Ehh depends where you live, if I was in the midwest or further I’d completely agree with you. In the southeast (Alabama) sage green just makes way to much sense. PB would shimmer like gold amongst the green canopy that envelops the southeast.
PB or DE is best choice in the East as you get older and eyesight deteriorates - easier to find when you set it down to rest.

Joking aside, I bought my AXMC at the ripe old age of 71 and I've enjoyed the he'll out of it . It is "handsome", accurate and we'll balanced. Now I need to get a 1/9 twist barrel so I can achieve the full potential of the 230 gr Berger Target Hybrids.:)

Reactions: PBWalsh
One of the screws for my Spuhr mount got stripped, and I figured I’d use the opportunity to make an upgrade. The only hardware place near me is Lowe’s, and they didn’t have any M5x35 screws, so I found a place called Bolt Depot online. They have these screws that use the same 4mm hex head that the AT and AX use, so now my Spuhr uses the same bit as the rest of my AX screws. These screws don’t need any modification to work on the Spuhr. Thought I would pass this on in case anyone else wanted to do this and didn’t have any good local sources to get them.
9gzj81.jpg

2csfou8.jpg

100M .308 155 Lapua Scenars today, 44.7 Grains Vhit N540, 71mm COL. This is a very accurate rifle......I'm still a relative novice. It makes me feel unworthy when I get a flier.........

IMG_1356.JPG

Reactions: trob_205
Shot the 6.5 AX out to 700 today to start gathering some dope. What a shooter this thing is! This is my “starter load” for this rifle. I might go a bit higher and lower and load in the middle of the node in case this is on one end but holy hell. I typically like load development so some of the fun was taken out of it ?
Lapua Brass, 140 ELD .020 off the lands, 41.5 gr H4350, and CCI 450 primers. Based on the tartget I posted earlier and the one group i shot today the rifle shoots in the .2s. Hoping maybe for a bit of speed increase here the next couple 100 rounds. There’s 102 on it now.
D34CF7BC-77BF-4104-9389-AF4CE88F024D.jpeg

Ok so quick question. I’ve got about 30 days before I have the money saved up for an AT. Is the sage green as bright in person as in photos, or is it a much darker forest type green like the old AW rifles? I know some colors don’t come out well on digital cameras. My SR-15 looks purple when I take photos of it with my DSLR camera. I’m still debating on if I want to go sage green or pale brown.

Ok so quick question. I’ve got about 30 days before I have the money saved up for an AT. Is the sage green as bright in person as in photos, or is it a much darker forest type green like the old AW rifles? I know some colors don’t come out well on digital cameras. My SR-15 looks purple when I take photos of it with my DSLR camera. I’m still debating on if I want to go sage green or pale brown.

Sage green is an AX color, not available on the AT. It is in fact lighter then the standard green available on the AT.