• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

You've heard that new mil rifle variants are bonded?
stirring-the-pot-gif-2.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hafejd30 and DKN83
Is it just optic illusion, or is the optic touching the forend bridge ?
Its very close, but there is probably 3-4 mm of gap between the sunshade/scope cap and the forend rail. If I change mounts on that rifle, I would like to get a 1.7" 20 moa mount to give it some additional room. The current mount is a 1.5" 20 moa.

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for custom made barrels for the post-2014 AI AXMC? I have a long action currently with a 6.5CM barrel, but was looking at the possibility of a 6.5 x 47 or 25 x 47 Lapua barrel if those are possible.

Thanks.

20240628_200351.jpg

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for custom made barrels for the post-2014 AI AXMC? I have a long action currently with a 6.5CM barrel, but was looking at the possibility of a 6.5 x 47 or 25 x 47 Lapua barrel if those are possible.

Thanks.

View attachment 8448504

Bugholes

Hey all,

Thanks.

View attachment 8448504
Lots of great smiths out there. Fritz at Black Canyon has made AI barrels for my AT and MC. I would highly recommend his work.

The hardest part is getting a blank. The 1.35" shank is tough to find. I have a new 308 barrel being done by Dave Tooley for my MC and he said 6 months to get the blank.

Reactions: jps24
Lots of great smiths out there. Fritz at Black Canyon has made AI barrels for my AT and MC. I would highly recommend his work.

The hardest part is getting a blank. The 1.35" shank is tough to find. I have a new 308 barrel being done by Dave Tooley for my MC and he said 6 months to get the blank.
@Nik H where are your to go places for blanks?

What would make a bolt “sticky”. Seems like it started after it got left out in snow /sleet at a match.
Have cleaned and recleabed. Tried oil grease hornady one shot etc. Doesn’t look like the bolt stop is mushroomed.

Bought a second atx used. One serial number away from being consecutive. Much much much smoother. First one has a pile of rounds through it so don’t think it’s about being broken in.

Thoughts ?

What would make a bolt “sticky”. Seems like it started after it got left out in snow /sleet at a match.
Have cleaned and recleabed. Tried oil grease hornady one shot etc. Doesn’t look like the bolt stop is mushroomed.

Bought a second atx used. One serial number away from being consecutive. Much much much smoother. First one has a pile of rounds through it so don’t think it’s about being broken in.

Thoughts ?
Something (brass shaving, etc) stuck in the lugs of the locking ring?
Got a borescope to look?

Reactions: BurtG

Thoughts ?
Have you swapped the sticky bolt into the second rifle to confirm it's the bolt itself, and not the action or locking ring of the first rifle?

Is it sticky with the firing pin assembly removed?

Thoughts ?
What does sticky mean? Is it dragging when you cycle it?

Reactions: Huskydriver