• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

You should be alright; now you know all buttoned up per spec-ish
1718851882301.png

Reactions: hafejd30
I was dm’ing Husky but here it is apart somewhat:

View attachment 8442450

Remove barrel (not mandatory, makes it easier if you have a long handguard/nv bridge)
Remove rear chassis bolt.
Remove front chassis bolt
Remove the bolt behind the mag release
Remove the (whatever you call the hinge/sling thingy)

Rail/chassis comes off

Remove 2 trigger screws
Then remove the 4 action screws the action comes off
How did you do that paint pattern? I really dig that.

This past weekend was our monthly club match at Precision Rifle Queensland in sunny Australia. As always I was shooting my AT-X. This month had the 6 Creedmoor barrel spun on. Unfortunately, the wheels fell off for me in the last two stages and I ended up with 6th overall. When I got home and inspected the rifle, I realised the action was loose in the chassis. That would explain why the last two stages I couldn't hit much. It might be time to bond the action like my old AX.

IMG_4616.JPG

This past weekend was our monthly club match at Precision Rifle Queensland in sunny Australia. As always I was shooting my AT-X. This month had the 6 Creedmoor barrel spun on. Unfortunately, the wheels fell off for me in the last two stages and I ended up with 6th overall. When I got home and inspected the rifle, I realised the action was loose in the chassis. That would explain why the last two stages I couldn't hit much. It might be time to bond the action like my old AX.

View attachment 8445359
Did you ever double check the torque when you first got the rifle ? Just curious.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
No judgement, but genuinely curious…

Is it not common practice to torque everything down, pops witness marks on every bolt head, and check em before, during, and after each match/range trip?

Reactions: jff_stvns
No judgement, but genuinely curious…

Is it not common practice to torque everything down, pops witness marks on every bolt head, and check em before, during, and after each match/range trip?
With the ATX checking torque is much more involved then a standard chassis as you have to take it apart each time

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
Spoke to some more experienced guys about bonding the ATX chassis. They pointed out the ATX chassis is thinner in design and would require milling for the epoxy to be correct on the flat bottom chassis as well as the washers needed for this.

So after arguing with the voices in my head I ripped her down and loctited all 4 action screws and the 2 screws holding the chassis halves together

#loctiteforlife
#12lbsboltliftgangforlife

With the ATX checking torque is much more involved then a standard chassis as you have to take it apart each time
I have the AXSR and I haven’t run into loose action screws. I also take her completely apart every 6 months to deep clean the AZ desert meth dust out of her.

With a can (it’s airsoft)…so maybe @Huskydriver will finally love meeeee
89B77CC4-0B5D-4C1A-A268-A9B7EEBCB403.jpeg

Just picked up this AXSR in 300 PRC. I wanted to get the Kraken but the wait time would be too long and I would miss the CA excise tax deadline!
I am going to try this out at the range tomorrow. No time to get back into reloading yet, so I'll use Hornady Match to see what kind of grouping I get out of the box. Hope the blast won't be too much with this Fat Bastard brake or I'll have to get an Insite Heathen or Ace brake.

IMG_6711.JPG
IMG_6705.JPG

Just picked up this AXSR in 300 PRC. I wanted to get the Kraken but the wait time would be too long and I would miss the CA excise tax deadline!
I am going to try this out at the range tomorrow. No time to get back into reloading yet, so I'll use Hornady Match to see what kind of grouping I get out of the box. Hope the blast won't be too much with this Fat Bastard brake or I'll have to get an Insite Heathen or Ace brake.

View attachment 8445823View attachment 8445824
I have a black AT and I do have to say it is a great color

Reactions: markl323
Mine groups the factory 225ELD in ragged holes at 100, but the ES/SD is pretty bad since they had to start sourcing their powder from new sources (pre-2021 manufactured ammo was better). The newer stuff does ok out to 1000, but to really take it out where 300PRC lives I’ve had to handload.

Mine groups the factory 225ELD in ragged holes at 100, but the ES/SD is pretty bad since they had to start sourcing their powder from new sources (pre-2021 manufactured ammo was better). The newer stuff does ok out to 1000, but to really take it out where 300PRC lives I’ve had to handload.
Who chambered your barrel? WinTac?

I have the AXSR and I haven’t run into loose action screws. I also take her completely apart every 6 months to deep clean the AZ desert meth dust out of her.

With a can (it’s airsoft)…so maybe @Huskydriver will finally love meeeeeView attachment 8445737
How many action screws does the SR have? I think it’s 6? The new ATXC models have 6 now. Which I’m not suggesting anything but there may be a reason they didn’t stick with 4 in those

Reactions: M8541Reaper

View attachment 8445823View attachment 8445824
Beauty. As much as I love sage green and elite sand, both times I laid down my own cash for an AI I went all black. I was accidentally shipped a sage green AXMC when I ordered. So tempted, but sent it back for the black. That being said, if elite sand was still available that would be my next one now that I have black covered.

Beauty. As much as I love sage green and elite sand, both times I laid down my own cash for an AI I went all black. I was accidentally shipped a sage green AXMC when I ordered. So tempted, but sent it back for the black. That being said, if elite sand was still available that would be my next one now that I have black covered.
I have a Black AT and a PB AXMC.

I am waiting for the Sage Green AXSRs

Reactions: Chargerguy
There's definitely some elite sand guns that are more on the extreme sides of the curve. Below is the same gun with different lighting. I like mine, but I also appreciate that most of the time it looks more green outside. Plus it was different than just another black or fde rifle.

Concrete-ish
View attachment 8357754
Sand-ish
View attachment 8357755
Green-ish
View attachment 8357756
Is it just optic illusion, or is the optic touching the forend bridge ?

Reactions: Chargerguy
Spoke to some more experienced guys about bonding the ATX chassis. They pointed out the ATX chassis is thinner in design and would require milling for the epoxy to be correct on the flat bottom chassis as well as the washers needed for this.

So after arguing with the voices in my head I ripped her down and loctited all 4 action screws and the 2 screws holding the chassis halves together

#loctiteforlife
#12lbsboltliftgangforlife

This is what I did after my little fiasco...but add that I also did the two screws holding the trigger into the action.

#blueloctiteforlife

This is what I did after my little fiasco...but add that I also did the two screws holding the trigger into the action.

#blueloctiteforlife
Just wondering is there any kind of internal lug to keep the recoil forces off the receiver screws ?
I have never been inside a ATX rifle.
Definitely happy my AX is bonded, but will keep an I on screws torque’s from now on.

Definitely happy my AX is bonded, but will keep an I on screws torque’s from now on.
The stuff between the action on the AX/AT/MC would have a hard time keeping the gun together with no action screws fastened under a fair amount of shooting.

People keep calling it bonding but its a carry over from the days when the actions were not as flat as they are today and they needed to keep flatness consistent. I.e the four brass washers to create a gap and fill.

Its not glue and it wont keep the gun together under real use if the screws are not tight.

Lil bit of heat and it peels off like blue tape.