• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Looks like someone already built my idea.
Those are very nice.

If you have a 3D printer here are a couple of designs that I made awhile back.

They're not as fancy as the ones you quoted but they work.

Getting the thread clearances correct for printing was a b!tch.

https://www.thingiverse.com/firestarter321/designs

ETA: If someone wants to send me 4" of a junk 30mm tenon AI barrel I'll make the models for it as well.

Last edited:
It probably has the same amount of rounds through it as the AXSR. Which is not many. I should try with swapping bolts around. Think I have a new unused bolt as well as can pull the one out of my AXSA.

My curiosity got the best of me for swapping bolts to measure the bolt lift.

AX with AX bolt 7.5lbs
AX with ATX bolt 9.5lbs
AX with new bolt 10lbs

ATX with ATX bolt 12.7lbs
ATX with AX bolt 10.1lbs
ATX with new bolt 14lbs

The new bolt was not lubed except for the factory.

AXSA has around 4k on it. I'd have to check all of my log books to get an exact number.

ATX has a few hundred.

8FA8BEA4-4948-4947-AEF4-26B2C9FBF167.jpeg

Meh. Their like kids I like them all. AI , sids chick and fix , desert techs , etc.

AIs and side chick and fix are prolly my fav bolt guns though

08AF4FD5-4BA5-4EB6-88AD-2B2343E049F9.jpeg

Wish I still had that axsa even tho it would just collect dirt.

Everyone needs a nice custom light barrel. Or a fix

D37EDD1A-9DAB-4A29-95C4-61706DA214DC.jpeg

So what happens after you acquire the AI's? Buy more?

Phase 1:
Play musical scopes because you get life lessons on why your vortex and leupold make you supah ghey.

Phase 2:
Sell it a few years down the road in a mome.t of weakness. Come back to these threads because you miss the best people on this forum who are too good to go into any other threads. Feel regret and sell of your 6dasher 36# Frankenstein and try to find an AI only to find out the one you want has gone up in value.

Now you are back where you started but likely the dollar value lost of an entire 2nd AI.

Phase 1:
Play musical scopes because you get life lessons on why your vortex and leupold make you supah ghey.

Phase 2:
Sell it a few years down the road in a mome.t of weakness. Come back to these threads because you miss the best people on this forum who are too good to go into any other threads. Feel regret and sell of your 6dasher 36# Frankenstein and try to find an AI only to find out the one you want has gone up in value.

Now you are back where you started but likely the dollar value lost of an entire 2nd AI.
I'm going with Phase 3. Buy more barrels since I have all the bolts for the MC.

Phase 1:

Phase 2:

I'm a huge fan of the MK5HD and will not be ashamed of it. Same for the MK4HD with PR2 reticle. Especially with the massive military discount they give current and prior service. Haters be damned.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I'm a huge fan of the MK5HD and will not be ashamed of it. Same for the MK4HD with PR2 reticle. Especially with the massive military discount they give current and prior service. Haters be damned.

Leupold internal tracking engineering personified....

200w (3).gif

I'm going with Phase 3. Buy more barrels since I have all the bolts for the MC.
I think that's an underappreciated affliction. I am bolt-set-complete and every time I'm even mildly contemplating a new caliber it's "to the Blue Mountain Precision ordering form just in case!" because hey at least a barrel is cheaper than a whole new rifle.

Uh nooo and that is pretty well documented in a lot of places that they have issues tracking 100%
I can vouch for the current 2024+ MK5HD scopes compared to what I'm seeing from QA from 2-5 years ago. I'm immensely pleased with the quality of the MK5HD frankly. Both on my own, and what I've seen of the military issued on the Barrett MK22.

And no I won't lower my voice 😉

I can vouch for the current 2024+ MK5HD scopes compared to what I'm seeing from QA from 2-5 years ago. I'm immensely pleased with the quality of the MK5HD frankly. Both on my own, and what I've seen of the military issued on the Barrett MK22.

And no I won't lower my voice 😉

It's cool I still remember hitting my m3a in country to get it to start moving with the turret again.... Pretty will known thing on active duty if you were an actual 11bb4 .... Every once in awhile the ole leupy needs a smack to track

Last edited:
It's cool I still remember hitting my m3a in country to get it to start moving with the turret again.... Pretty will known thing on active duty if you were an actual 11bb4 .... Every once in awhile time the ole leupy needs a smack to track
Oh I sure as shit wouldn't want to run the old Leupolds. Especially not the MIL/MOA M3A on the M24. I will alwYs love the M24 but f×ck were things archaic in those early years of the GWoT for our generation's snipers, OEF/OIF era.

No, I wasn't a B4. Let's make that clear. 11B1P.

All that said, seriously take a look at the most current MK5HDs. Get your hands on one somehow, visit a shop, something. I picked it over a Nightforce NX8, ATACR and Zeiss. Only scope I've loved more -- that's a solid $1500-2000 more -- was the S&B Ultra Performance and PMIIs.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Oh I sure as shit wouldn't want to run the old Leupolds. Especially not the MIL/MOA M3A on the M24. I will alwYs love the M24 but f×ck were things archaic in those early years of the GWoT for our generation's snipers, OEF/OIF era.

No, I wasn't a B4. Let's make that clear. 11B1P.

All that said, seriously take a look at the most current MK5HDs. Get your hands on one somehow, visit a shop, something. I picked it over a Nightforce NX8, ATACR and Zeiss. Only scope I've loved more -- that's a solid $1500-2000 more -- was the S&B Ultra Performance and PMIIs.

I have.... Witness marks usually don't line up glass is better but leupy rnd I doubt is running anything better inside mechanically which in my theory is why they are light

Unfortunately, the first nice scope I ever bought was a Mk5hd 5-25 with their horrible CCH reticle. Horrible to me, at least.

Scope was mechanically satisfying with a nice locking turret method. Had a nice matte finish. But gdamn my eyes swam when looking through it due to that reticle.

And minimum focus was 50yds or so, which I discovered I didn’t like that much. Not a hindrance when shooting things, but a pain when dry firing at close targets.

I should look through a sample with a better reticle. But so many of their designs have tons of dashes, which I found I cannot stand.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
A years supply of barrels turns into a decade or more supply once you start poppin out crotch goblins

View attachment 8481277

I guess in 10-15 years it might be exponentially the other way tho

Got 3 boys. Here are the youngest. 200rds is a regular afternoon. Can go double that if they bring a friend.

VideoCapture_20240816-132651.jpg
VideoCapture_20240101-114607.jpg

Meh. Their like kids I like them all. AI , sids chick and fix , desert techs , etc.

AIs and side chick and fix are prolly my fav bolt guns though

View attachment 8481067
Wish I still had that axsa even tho it would just collect dirt.

Everyone needs a nice custom light barrel. Or a fix

View attachment 8481068

With Kevins attitude when he was on here, you couldn’t pay me to buy anything of his.

I'm not well versed in the AE line. When did they switch to the AW style bolt? Was the AE MKIII the first?

I honestly thought all AEs had the sloped bolt. You learn something new every day...

Correct…the MKIII was the first to get the AW style bolt.

It was also my first AI as I wanted the 3 position safety.

Reactions: HKSniper11B