• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

IMG_1160.jpeg

Added a Vortex Impact 4000. I get to test it out to 1260 next weekend. I hope it rains so I get some realistic expectations of this rangefinder. At 1/5 the price of a Wilcox I’m expecting 1/5 the effective range.

I’m not sure if I’m using too long of a screwdriver but the “clicks” for zeroing are hyper mushy. Sometimes I can feel them sometimes I can’t.

Interesting how the skins are the old style 1-piece front ends though. I had assumed the MKIII was produced with the newer 2-piece versions almost similar to what you see on the AT’s. It is possible the skins were swapped though.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
View attachment 8481710
Added a Vortex Impact 4000. I get to test it out to 1260 next weekend. I hope it rains so I get some realistic expectations of this rangefinder. At 1/5 the price of a Wilcox I’m expecting 1/5 the effective range.

I’m not sure if I’m using too long of a screwdriver but the “clicks” for zeroing are hyper mushy. Sometimes I can feel them sometimes I can’t.
I’ve said it before, but dang I like that paint job.

have a Frank emoji on me :frank: lol

Got out today... first time in months thanks to the birth of my son (not crotchety about it). Bit rusty, took the AT out configured in 20" 308 gentleman (suppressed). Also took my Xm3 and Sako TRG22a1 to decide their fate (Commodus gave them a thumbs down).

Anyway something I was able to do is compare 308 barrel lengths to the same velocity. Unfortunately it's 3 different barrel brands and 3 different chambers. Still, interesting results.
Barrels were 18.5", 20" and 26", excuse my shooting....its embarrassing.

20240817_115427.jpg

20240817_162950.jpg

30-50fps faster in an 18.5" compared to the 20". Both were suppressed (18.5 w/ fa762ss, 20" with omega 300). The 18.5" has a tighter match chamber compared to whatever AI puts in their barrels and round count is close enough to not matter.

Another thing that's interesting is the left and middle are same brass, bullet, powder, charge weight and the only difference is the primer. CCI standard in the "old m118lr" and Ginex in the "new m118lr". Speed is better as well as es/SD. I had thought Ginex was the generic name of CCI but I'm second guessing that info.

Managed to get a few rounds in today as well.

Talk about a disparity between groups. Shot my factory 6.5 CM barrel that I was bitching about the copper fouling in today. Just one box of factory 140 ELD-M so I could use it up. It averaged ~2/3 MOA for 4x5 when I shot it last year with the same ammo...but was wearing a Hellfire brake then. I left the end of the barrel bare today.

Two shots to get a rough zero, and then the next 5 went into .4". I was pretty stoked, so I brought out the chronograph as I was letting the barrel cool. Next group of 5 went into damn near MOA 😄 with an ES of 90! But it had one round that read 77 FPS high, so I loaded my last 8 and shot the group on the left. Look at that badass ES and SD.

Looked at what i wrote on the box of factory 140 ELD-M that I shot a year ago...2,671 FPS, ES - 102, SD - 44.

LOL, no wonder the Hornady guys don't trust small sample sizes. They're shooting their own stuff. 😉

I think there is some potential here for loads that weren't constructed by Hellen Keller.

20240817_153217.jpg

Managed to get a few rounds in today as well.

Talk about a disparity between groups. Shot my factory 6.5 CM barrel that I was bitching about the copper fouling in today. Just one box of factory 140 ELD-M so I could use it up. It averaged ~2/3 MOA for 4x5 when I shot it last year with the same ammo...but was wearing a Hellfire brake then. I left the end of the barrel bare today.

Two shots to get a rough zero, and then the next 5 went into .4". I was pretty stoked, so I brought out the chronograph as I was letting the barrel cool. Next group of 5 went into damn near MOA 😄 with an ES of 90! But it had one round that read 77 FPS high, so I loaded my last 8 and shot the group on the left. Look at that badass ES and SD.

Looked at what i wrote on the box of factory 140 ELD-M that I shot a year ago...2,671 FPS, ES - 102, SD - 44.

LOL, no wonder the Hornady guys don't trust small sample sizes. They're shooting their own stuff. 😉

I think there is some potential here for loads that weren't constructed by Hellen Keller.

View attachment 8482058
You should just send me that rifle since it’s a turd

You should just send me that rifle since it’s a turd

The rifle is just fine. This particular barrel is somewhat questionable as it holds more copper than a meth head's side yard. However with ES at 81, 90, and 102 for the three groups I've shot over the chronograph... It might end up being a hammer if I can get it to smooth out. Round count is 78 now.

Go start an OF page. I've made almost four dollars now selling photos of my leather cheerio in just 8 months. Some guy named "Dan" apparently can't get enough of them.

The rifle is just fine. This particular barrel is somewhat questionable as it holds more copper than a meth head's side yard. However with ES at 81, 90, and 102 for the three groups I've shot over the chronograph... It might end up being a hammer if I can get it to smooth out. Round count is 78 now.

Go start an OF page. I've made almost four dollars now selling photos of my leather cheerio in just 8 months. Some guy named "Dan" apparently can't get enough of them.
It’s called OnlyFeet

DM me some feet pics and we can make you whole

Low key installed my 26” 6cm barrel i got off EO; of course painted first.

That was my whole AI / shooting related activity this weekend. Oh, also put my 20moa action rail and corresponding long handguard rail on PX, if anyone wants those.

Reactions: BurtG
Does anyone have an accurate weight on hand for an AT-X plus scope?

Basically I'm wondering if it's possible to compete in NRL Hunter matches with an AT-X or XC (I don't have one) and stay under the 16lbs requirement? Maybe an AT-X with carbon fiber barrel will do the trick?

I only have an AXMC at the moment and that isn't even close to making under weight.

Thanks for the help as always.

Reactions: HKSniper11B

Basically I'm wondering if it's possible to compete in NRL Hunter matches with an AT-X or XC (I don't have one) and stay under the 16lbs requirement? Maybe an AT-X with carbon fiber barrel will do the trick?

I only have an AXMC at the moment and that isn't even close to making under weight.

15.3 pounds

AT-X Folder (no butt pad and no 4mm hex under the cheek riser (this is key))

NF 4-16 F1

Sphur 4002

MDT Double pull

Bartlein 3B finished at 23''

Area 419 Hellfire Match

Reactions: jps24

2A1ACD72-2268-43BD-ABE0-D2833E84E3FB.jpeg

I finally got around to testing the quick change barrel on my ATX last weekend. I know this is nothing new to long time AI users but I was impressed with the ease and repeatability.

IMG_9490.jpeg

180 rds total down the 6mm CM barrel and only have 20 on the 308 barrel.

Hornady Match 108g 6mm CM
Federal Gold Medal 175g 308

Lower left is the 6mm zero straight. Lower right is my POA and 308 zero. The top and middle targets were shot after changing barrels between groups to check the return to zero.

IMG_9494.jpeg

I color coded the zero marks on my Razor 6-36 Ltec dial. Red is the for the 6cm and green is for the 308. This is what I dialed for the return to zero check for the elevation. I just dialed the windage adjustment.

IMG_0182.jpeg

Must be nice to be a company that can thumb one's nose at the market....

Lost money for Accuracy International....easy money for them to make by re-opening a Legacy line....the market is ever-strong on this....

For a second generation legacy AICS non-folder, no less!

AICS-Non-Folder_081824.PNG

Lost money for Accuracy International....easy money for them to make by re-opening a Legacy line....the market is ever-strong on this....

View attachment 8482987
Ai to you....
download.jpeg

View attachment 8482987
A mint ‘69 Camaro will fetch far more than a brand new one, but Chevrolet isn’t going to reissue them. Like any manufacturer they’re moving on. The legacy products bring higher prices BECAUSE they aren’t produced anymore and certain buyers will pay for them, but if they were still in production the price would be much lower, and with no innovation- less in demand.

Do you have to put a light onto that picture? Where did you get this set up
The light isn't needed but I find it helps with clarity. This is a scope add-on that shrinks down your objective size so it works at very close distances (10-15ft) and it comes with a bunch of mini "ranges" for dry fire practice: https://dstprecision.net/index.html

I have the Elite Iron picatinny spigot on my AT and the RRS ARCA rail on my AT. Nice to have both
I cut the rail above at the end of the forend. I use the Arca for my tripod. I’ll be putting the same Anarchy picatinny spigot on this one that’s on my other AT

My green AT has RRS Arca and anarchy pic spigot

This one will have the sawtooth Arca and anarchy pic spigot set up the same way

Reactions: Nik H
I ordered an extra set of AT green folding skins through UK sporting services. Not sure when they are going to arrive but I am also going to cut them before I send them out to cerakote in AI green that matches my AW. I also ordered a accushot monopod that I will be using as a bag rider. What are people using to cut the skins? A dremel tool or a hacksaw? Appreciate the advice and thanks in advance.

An AT-X with no bridges or bipod and only a clean 24” medium palma barrel with a Vortex Golden Eagle and about 9 ounces of scope mount plus a steel sling mount is weighing in at 14.5 pounds for me.

AT-X Action with bolt and trigger - 1378g 3.03lbs

Forend and lower section with grip and all bolts - 1210g 2.66lbs

Butt stock and fixed adapter - 968g 2.13lbs

Reactions: BurtG

15 lbs 3oz if i remember correctly from last 2 hunter matches.

Mark 5, badger comm mount, lw double pull, proof 24” carbon barrel and sco harvester.

ZtI2ygB.jpeg

How do we feel about a 5-20 US on the 308 AT (with an appropriate height mount). Or I just leave the Gen2 Razor on it - musical scopes going on atm.

Excuse the mess.

View attachment 8483104
View attachment 8483105
Are you kidding? SB over japanese every freaking time brah.... Tbh the 520 us is probably one of the most versatile badass scopes ever made with dtii turrets. Image isn't as great obviously as a full size scope but the size to performance is hard to beat. I doubt I will ever sell my 520s

I ordered an extra set of AT green folding skins through UK sporting services. Not sure when they are going to arrive but I am also going to cut them before I send them out to cerakote in AI green that matches my AW. I also ordered a accushot monopod that I will be using as a bag rider. What are people using to cut the skins? A dremel tool or a hacksaw? Appreciate the advice and thanks in advance.

I used a dremel with a cutting wheel. I just cut it pretty close, then used a file and finished it with a very small fine file. Looks just as good the original skins.

And I'm no pro with that Drexel, I've only used it maybe 5 times before. As long as you are decently mechanically inclined, you'll do fine. Just take your time.