• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

That’s G56 classified sir.

…but also discontinued. It is essentially a padded skid pad that Velcros on. Really great for tight portholes and when you don’t need a bag but want hard on soft
You should tell whomever made it just how many times you've been asked that question. I'm not even paying attention (it's not something I'd need) and I've lost count. Maybe they should crank out some more...

1794636F-CDF8-4D32-9DA3-0781C185DFBB.jpeg

Way to out yourself as the social media guy for MH who keeps posting non-AI rifles as AI rifles.

#PlotTwist
#Busted
#GotEm
#Hashtag

I know this isn’t the proper thread to ask this question, but it’s also the one which probably has the greatest traffic…

I haven’t been keeping track for some time after having gotten comfortable with my current AIs…

…but starting with which model / year did Accuracy International forego the use of epoxy in bonding the action to the chassis?

Last edited:
Me too.

I guess time really slipped by without me noticing,

So “Accuracy Obsession” is now “Vision?”
Yeah they're under Vision PRC now I think: https://visionprc.com/product/ao-vision-ai-chassis/ I run some of their stuff on of my KRG chassis. Would love the AI chassis they make but alas it's only for the bonded actions and definitely not for any long actions I don't think.

Reactions: Edsel
Me too.

I guess time really slipped by without me noticing,

So “Accuracy Obsession” is now “Vision?”
After the initial batch of AO chassis were made here, Vision in Norway started making them with a slightly different design to better integrate with his other chassis aesthetics and existing machining programs.

While a Vision AXSR chassis would be cool, the ROI probably isn't there for how niche it would be and how expensive the prototypes would be. Plus a new AXSR is like $11k as it is.

Speaking of niche, for the folks that reached out about getting one of the aluminum thumb rests for the AXSR folder ... they're done being machined and DHL is supposedly dropping them off today, so I'll start reaching out for shipping info for the folks that wanted one (y)

I've been running the PETG-CF prototypes for the past couple weeks and have been very happy with the results to the point where it feels entirely awkward to not use the thumbrest now.

While a Vision AXSR chassis would be cool, the ROI probably isn't there for how niche it would be and how expensive the prototypes would be. Plus a new AXSR is like $11k as it is.

IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

There’s a small number of us who are cultured and with fine tastes after a chassis made along the lines of the original, “conservative” AT / AW / AWSM layout, not the newer designs.

Yes, the ROI would put you in the red.

Last edited:
View attachment 8489546

There’s a small number of us after a chassis made along the lines of the original, “conservative” AT / AW / AWSM layout, not the newer designs.

Yes, the ROI would put you in the red.
Oh man an old school thumbhole chassis made for the AXSR would be tits

After the initial batch of AO chassis were made here, Vision in Norway started making them with a slightly different design to better integrate with his other chassis aesthetics and existing machining programs.

Right when an AO chassis is made, they’d come out with axsr prs version a year later…

Cool so the clip-on AXSR thumbrests came in from the CNC place and they came out pretty good! They are a tight friction fit and once the ball clicks into place the expanding pressure ensures they're not going anywhere. If you take off the male part of the retention mechanism, you can also still fold the stock.

Warning to the folks I'm sending one: consider these a pseudo-permanent install as to effectively remove it you have to unscrew the QD-cup retaining screw I think. It can still be rotated with some force but it's not coming off otherwise by hand because the design self-seals it into place once it pops into retention. WIth the plastic prototypes I had enough wiggle and play that I could take them on and off by hand, but the plastic would fatigue and eventually break. These aluminum ones are staying put firmly so that's good. But be absolutely sure you want to run this thing because once it's on it ain't moving :D

shelf1.jpg

shelf2.jpg

shelf3.jpg

shelf4.jpg

Side note, is it just me or does the AXSA look much cooler than the AT-X and AT-XC. I keep wanting to upgrade for the ergonomics because I shoot PRS, but I just love the way my AX looks over the newer ones. Maybe I'm weird.
I was thinking about designing a frontend adapter for people with AX-hump rifles that would attach via keyslot on the bottom end and continue the arca from the hump all the way to the front of the fore-end. Could add mlok slots or whatever even into the sides of it. It'd be prohibitively expensive to have it fabricated in aluminum perhaps but I'm gonna take a poke at it I reckon. That's really the only thing that makes it less PRS-ish I think?

Reactions: its_sean
I was thinking about designing a frontend adapter for people with AX-hump rifles that would attach via keyslot on the bottom end and continue the arca from the hump all the way to the front of the fore-end. Could add mlok slots or whatever even into the sides of it. It'd be prohibitively expensive to have it fabricated in aluminum perhaps but I'm gonna take a poke at it I reckon. That's really the only thing that makes it less PRS-ish I think?
1724885880106.jpeg

Proceed with caution. Take a gander at this thing:

Works on the 11 keyslut (lol) rails, but not on the 14, which I think is what post-2014 AX’s shipped with. Looks like they did offer a 14 version but it’s not in the drop-down today.

First off, must be fun to hold that sawfish-like hedge-clipper with one hand and have it slip.
1724885609946.jpeg

Me in happier days, sawing through the seven seas

But I know you’re not gonna make a sawfish Arcalock version. I hope.

Secondly, uh, maybe not the best looking thing I’ve ever seen?
1724886134887.jpeg

Pic only shows up on 419’s site if you select something in the drop-down

Side note, is it just me or does the AXSA look much cooler than the AT-X and AT-XC. I keep wanting to upgrade for the ergonomics because I shoot PRS, but I just love the way my AX looks over the newer ones. Maybe I'm weird.
Agreed. In my humble O the AT-XC looks just ok-ish when it has the top rail cover installed.

Don’t remember if I have seen the AT-X with it on but I believe it’s the roughly the same chassis (except for the action interface and maybe other small details).

Reactions: its_sean
Also, one more pic and vid of that Area 419…thing…for the @CollarChoke man:

1724887986653.jpeg

The AX (or AT) with a vision front end looks more like I wish the AT-X/C would’ve turned out.
1724888948575.jpeg

I think this is @samb300 ‘s site? It has the vision rear end too, but you get the idea.

Some of what I believe is samb300’s own gun, again also with the vision rear:
73946B1A-0719-4B4C-9132-FB349C53E9E0.jpeg
78F0EE5B-C38A-453D-809A-CDDE2229B1BD.jpeg
6F08B10D-AFC2-49C6-B52A-B92EDB3A5D1F.jpeg

Sorry if I’ve misattributed.

Last edited:
Some vision front ends on AX’s with stock butts:
1724890060317.jpeg

1724890080977.jpeg

1724890202194.jpeg

I think it looks best with the enclosed forend.

A thread to poke around in:

I have the Victor Compay AX HR1 handguard listed for sale. It is mlok and has arca rail, 16" in brown
Yeah I’m looking at that one too but my problem is the brown is closer to pale brown and not fde, and there are 2 less mlok slots and none close enough for a mlok quiver too. It’s a far reach because of the design. I have the SAP one but I like the design of the hoptic with mlok. I want to load them with weights.

Its not. Just wondering if there were certain contracts that required 1" difference or just generally wondering why. Usually its 20" and 26" or 27" in their calibers. Not both 26 and 27
It’s not just 300WM. A few years ago I ordered a standard-issue 27” 300NM replacement barrel. When it arrived I noticed it seemed a bit short. I bought out the tape measure and sure enough- 26”, not 27”. Good thing I waited 3 mos for the wrong barrel! Anyway, they got it straightened out and I had the correct one in about a month.

Also, one more pic and vid of that Area 419…thing…for the @CollarChoke man:

Nice! Thanks for the visual references, yeah was definitely thinking more along the lines of an extension that would make the forend look and function more like the Vision style, i.e. make the hump seem like it's a continuous thing to the front with an arca that you can use back of hump to front of forend and then drop some mlok slots into the sides since there's plenty of space for 'm so you can run standard weights and whatnot.

Reactions: carbonbased
Nice! Thanks for the visual references, yeah was definitely thinking more along the lines of an extension that would make the forend look and function more like the Vision style, i.e. make the hump seem like it's a continuous thing to the front with an arca that you can use back of hump to front of forend and then drop some mlok slots into the sides since there's plenty of space for 'm so you can run standard weights and whatnot.
Totally get it. I think the AX looks very cool. But like high heels, not the most practical all of the time.

For me, a bench shooter, I wish the AX worked better in an X-shaped sand bag. Attaching the included pic rails on each side helps, but my AT works quite a bit better as the forend is fatter starting at the bottom. Fits more snug.

That’s why I’m in the process of selling my AX.

But as a fan of the French FRF2, I just think the AX is cool.
4E1EF192-81AB-4779-A398-62C7A6E5DE82.jpeg

FRF2 in action. See that AX-like angle in front of the magwell?

For the role it was in, I like where the bipod mounts as well. Not sure how the soldiers felt about it.

Reactions: LakuNoc
Was out last night hunting for groundhogs and possible coyote. Seen neither, just a fawn that was drastically undersized for this late in the year. View attachment 8490042View attachment 8490045
There's an absolute ton of fawns in our area this year, lots of doubles and triples. Sizes varying dramatically. That one doesn't look too small. There will need to be lots of herd thinning this year.

Reactions: The Durk
Yeah I’m looking at that one too but my problem is the brown is closer to pale brown and not fde, and there are 2 less mlok slots and none close enough for a mlok quiver too. It’s a far reach because of the design. I have the SAP one but I like the design of the hoptic with mlok. I want to load them with weights.
I can solve one of your problems:

1724967634163.png