• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Yall think it’s overkill to buy another bolt for axsa when they come back in stock. I’m starting to realize it’s hard to source parts for this platform since it’s discontinued.

I guess I’m worried that one day something happens to firing pin or bad primer and then I’m stuck with a $6000 paper weight if and when stuff ever comes in stock. And maybe it doesn’t. What would be my options then? would I have other options like gunsmiths being able to fix bolts and firing pins or SOL?

Not sure what other failures I could protect against too.

Beautiful.

How do you like the grey ops weights, they don't interfere with the arca rail and a bipod do they? was thinking of snagging those, the mdt, or the the sawtooth ones.

The grey ops weights were a little tight on some of the bipod knobs. The knobs could always slide by if they were in the correct orientation. But it never bothered me too much

I've got the Sawtooth Dependabilt weights to use on the new AT-XC.

Reactions: its_sean
The grey ops weights were a little tight on some of the bipod knobs. The knobs could always slide by if they were in the correct orientation. But it never bothered me too much

I've got the Sawtooth Dependabilt weights to use on the new AT-XC.
Might go that route. Thanks for the info. I went with a clamp vs knob for my bipod for this reason. But I do like the sawtooth weights.

Yall think it’s overkill to buy another bolt for axsa when they come back in stock. I’m starting to realize it’s hard to source parts for this platform since it’s discontinued.

I guess I’m worried that one day something happens to firing pin or bad primer and then I’m stuck with a $6000 paper weight if and when stuff ever comes in stock. And maybe it doesn’t. What would be my options then? would I have other options like gunsmiths being able to fix bolts and firing pins or SOL?

Always have a spare. No one is coming to save you. One is none and two is one but because two is one that means it’s none so you must get three because that means you have two that become what which is actually none plus the third which means two but ultimately means one which is none so get four so you can have two sets one one which are actually none.

Always have a spare. No one is coming to save you.
Yees a spate rifle. Cause them parts prices insane

Speaking of.
If anyone has this axsa I need to buy it back. It needs home.

BDE14623-F994-496C-BA04-A2999512E9F1.jpeg

D4D1A008-0E83-4470-8E37-7156A34D1288.jpeg

EEBD119F-7831-4818-828A-E3E93770EB83.gif

Always have a spare. No one is coming to save you. One is none and two is one but because two is one that means it’s none so you must get three because that means you have two that become what which is actually none plus the third which means two but ultimately means one which is none so get four so you can have two sets one one which are actually none.
Might as well just round up to an AXSR am I right.

Just because they aren't available for sale doesn't mean that MHS doesn't have spare parts like firing pins, etc. They have to since they are the US repair center.

It is highly unlikely that a damaged part will render the rifle a paperweight. If this were the case, we would have heard about it for certain.

A complete bolt assembly, trigger, and lock ring would cover the major show stoppers you could realistically encounter. Anything that those couldn’t fix would either be major like a damaged receiver or minor like a lost screw or something that could be source elsewhere or fixed by a competent gunsmith.

Just because they aren't available for sale doesn't mean that MHS doesn't have spare parts like firing pins, etc. They have to since they are the US repair center.

It is highly unlikely that a damaged part will render the rifle a paperweight. If this were the case, we would have heard about it for certain.

MHSA doesn’t have lock rings so you’d be SOL for that unless AINA happens to have some. If they have to order them it’s a minimum of 12 weeks.

They’re $325 each in case anyone was wondering.

Reactions: its_sean
This inspired me to finally buy a spare AXSR trigger. Oss.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
MHSA doesn’t have lock rings so you’d be SOL for that unless AINA happens to have some. If they have to order them it’s a minimum of 12 weeks.

They’re $325 each in case anyone was wondering.

Why you should own 5 ai's who cares about breach rings

These are wise words, which is why I have them on a tee shirt.

-Stan

If you have a 3D printer I designed some thread protectors you can print.

I should do a 5/8-24 as well…maybe later today.
I have the axmc so my tenons are M30, but I appreciate the link.

The muzzle caps are for the tbac sr brakes and I refer to them as "marriage savers" because I designed them after accidentally getting carbon on one of my wife's dresses when getting the rifle out of the safe.

The muzzle caps are for the tbac sr brakes and I refer to them as "marriage savers" because I designed them after accidentally getting carbon on one of my wife's dresses when getting the rifle out of the safe.

You got dresses in the safe!?

I should be able to do an M30 as well if you want?

I can see that for the muzzle brake caps as my safe is in the laundry room and I've done the same thing :(

PXL_20240830_012534252.NIGHT~2.jpg

AT308 with 24" Lothar-Walther 1:12 Barrel

I'm quite eager to switch to the 20 and 24 inch Bartlein/Wintac 5R 1:10 barrels and use some modern ballistics. What ammo and experiences have you guys had with the longer barrel 4R 1:12, and who's been able to actually source the Bartlein/Wintac barrels? They seem constantly out of stock with EuroOptic.

View attachment 8490872

I'm quite eager to switch to the 20 and 24 inch Bartlein/Wintac 5R 1:10 barrels and use some modern ballistics. What ammo and experiences have you guys had with the longer barrel 4R 1:12, and who's been able to actually source the Bartlein/Wintac barrels? They seem constantly out of stock with EuroOptic.
My 1:12 LW 20” hammers with 178 ELDX

2-3 shot groups at 100
IMG_6491.jpeg

View attachment 8490872

Everything AI I have ever pulled the trigger on has hammered like you wouldn't believe.

Attachments

• AI Barrel Tenon Specs.jpeg
    AI Barrel Tenon Specs.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

@pfl338 makes the M27 and M30 thread protectors and bore guides as well.
IMG_6622.png