• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

AIAX LE, ZC 5-27, MK Machining caps, RRS tripod… Plays well together.

IMG_1769.jpeg

Or you will be like me waiting for my part

View attachment 8479163

I'm not a dirty lefty though ;)

Happily, it was only a 20% deposit so I will be a bit more patient.

It's better than the ~$1000 I had to give MHSA in order to reserve a couple of triggers and I have no idea when I'll actually get them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik H
Wasn't entirely pleased with my "epoxy the mdt mags into the AXSR collar" solution of last week, so spent another evening tinkering and I think I have the final version done. Modified the design so that the magazines friction fit and then click into place onto a retaining lip. You can remove the magazine from the collar still with a screwdriver to pop the lip back, but otherwise it's in there rock solid and at the correct height for the MDT AICS magazine to run well inside the AXSR. Will run about 100 rounds through it tomorrow to see if there's any issues.

final-collar-1.jpg

final-collar-2.jpg

Got confirmation that my ATACR shipped. I was super stoked about it...right up until the gunsmith called and said my 7-300 PRC barrel was done and waiting on me (it's on a Surgeon 1086). Add in the 8lbs of N568 I bought Sunday, plus the ATACR-like excise tax I had to pay on my new truck, and it looks like I got poor again this week. 😄 Turnaround on the barrel was all of two weeks, and he's made every barrel for me for the last 4 years.

His/my last barrel is a 6GT barrel for my AT-X. It frigging shoots.
20240509_132657.jpg

20240706_151057.jpg

20240528_161229.jpg

I know somebody is going to shit because I don't have any kind of muzzle device, as well as a Razor G3. I'll freely admit it...I'm mostly an AI poser, who just came here for the $70 stickers and $120 ball cap.

Last edited:

I know somebody is going to shit because I don't have any kind of muzzle device, as well as a Razor G3. I'll freely admit it...I'm mostly an AI poser, who just came here for the $70 stickers and $120 ball cap.
Don't think of it as "I bought a Razor G3 for my very expensive rifle" ... think of it as "I bought a Razor G3 subscription with an endless supply of new ones for my very expensive rifle". I also run a Razor G3 on my 10grand AXSR but I reckon if I break 10 Razors in a row I'll be up 10 grand ... what other glass do you know of that actually appreciates the value of your rifle over time? Exactly. That's just sound financial decision making in my book.

Deciding to ask here first.
Just got a 6 Dasher barrel for my ATX.
What magazines or kits have yall played with or do you just go and buy the grey ops magazine?

HRD kits used to be the go to standard, but they've been unavailable for quite a while now and no one seems to be sure if they're going to be available again.

The PVA kit works well too but unfortunately requires you to hack up the original follower so there's so going back since getting a replacement follower from AI seems to be nearly impossible.

If you have a 3D printer this may be worth a try:

Or just buy the grey ops and be done with it. I haven't used one myself as I have a bunch of HRD kits but they are supposed to work well.

Reactions: JackOfAllTrades
Got confirmation that my ATACR shipped. I was super stoked about it...right up until the gunsmith called and said my 7-300 PRC barrel was done and waiting on me (it's on a Surgeon 1086). Add in the 8lbs of N568 I bought Sunday, plus the ATACR-like excise tax I had to pay on my new truck, and it looks like I got poor again this week. 😄 Turnaround on the barrel was all of two weeks, and he's made every barrel for me for the last 4 years.

His/my last barrel is a 6GT barrel for my AT-X. It frigging shoots.
View attachment 8479628
View attachment 8479629
View attachment 8479630

I have a Gen 2 Razor and Bushnell DMR3 on my AI’s. My TRG-42 has a DMR2 on it currently.

My vision isn’t great and I can’t tell the difference between them and a ZCO so why spend the money when my scopes are reliable and track well?

Reactions: diggler1833
For the love of God, don't tell these guys there's another part that can't be sourced from AI.

Completely unrelated, how many extra followers do you think I should have on hand...?

It’s part #AI15-0609-A3 for the spring and follower.

If MHSA or AINA won’t sell it to you try Sporting Services UK.

Last edited:
It’s part #AI15-0730-A2 for the spring and follower.

If MHSA or AINA won’t sell it to you try Sporting Services UK.

Is that part number for the older flat follower or the newer ramped follower? I'd like to get a couple of the ramped ones to try but last time I tried calling Mile High they couldn't get the new design ramped followers separately, they were only included with new magazines.

Not sure why I need them anyways, I've never had an issue with the original design flat followers.

Is that part number for the older flat follower or the newer ramped follower? I'd like to get a couple of the ramped ones to try but last time I tried calling Mile High they couldn't get the new design ramped followers separately, they were only included with new magazines.

Not sure why I need them anyways, I've never had an issue with the original design flat followers.

It looks like this but I’m not sure which that is as I didn’t realize that they changed:
IMG_7355.jpeg

ETA: I had the wrong #…it’s AI15-0609-A3

I have a Gen 2 Razor and Bushnell DMR3 on my AI’s. My TRG-42 has a DMR2 on it currently.

My vision isn’t great and I can’t tell the difference between them and a ZCO so why spend the money when my scopes are reliable and track well?

I run a DMR2 on my 6.5x47 that I kill a lot of coyotes with around here. I know that there is significantly better glass out there...but this scope hasn't failed me yet.

That doesn't mean that I'm a Bushy fan. I will upgrade that optic at some point.

Reactions: Firestarter123
FWIW on the mag followers:

I have both types, and they feed 6 and 6.5 CM flawlessly...but both will cause the 6GT to nosedive in the mag. I think I shared a picture of it in here before, but I can attach another one again if one wants to see the end result.

My workaround is to load the rounds forward, where the shoulder of the 6GT case is even with the front of the feed lips. It works for static firing, but I don't think it would be very effective in PRS.

FWIW on the mag followers:

I have both types, and they feed 6 and 6.5 CM flawlessly...but both will cause the 6GT to nosedive in the mag. I think I shared a picture of it in here before, but I can attach another one again if one wants to see the end result.

My workaround is to load the rounds forward, where the shoulder of the 6GT case is even with the front of the feed lips. It works for static firing, but I don't think it would be very effective in PRS.
I've shot a few thousand rounds of 6GT using that magazine technique with only maybe 1 or 2 issues over a bunch of matches. My strategy is to always have a spare mag in a holster loaded with 10 rounds, in the event of a mag issue I just swap the mag on the clock.

• Love
Reactions: diggler1833
Was curious about bolt lift since it came up during another thread, but since its AI related I'll post it here as well. Not that it is scientific. But putting 20lbs of lead on the scale and taping paracord to the most outward point on the bolt, greatest leverage, measuring the negative weight.

2014 AXSA was 7.5lbs to cock the bolt.
2022 AT-X took 12.7lbs
2020 AXSR 8.5lbs
Trg22 6.4lbs
Mousingfield 6.0

The AXSA has a replacement SFP bolt, but the LFP bolt felt the same.

20240814_173610.jpg

@hafejd30 to strip paint I soak paper towel in acetone and wrap the skin with it then wrap/ seal the piece in cling wrap over the paper towel. I let it sit for 2 or so hrs and when I open it up the paint falls off (literally) and just a few small stubborn spots that take 5 minutes to clean up. No negatives to the skins yet.

Reactions: stanley_white
@hafejd30 to strip paint I soak paper towel in acetone and wrap the skin with it then wrap/ seal the piece in cling wrap over the paper towel. I let it sit for 2 or so hrs and when I open it up the paint falls off (literally) and just a few small stubborn spots that take 5 minutes to clean up. No negatives to the skins yet.
I could have put more effort into removing it. But honestly when I saw the original color underneath it was much lighter than I was hoping for. I was actually going to do FDE to match that mount on the table.

But looked over at my green spray paint and decided screw it let’s have two black/green camo AI rifles 😁

My Nightforce will sit higher on this gun being its in a spuhr set up for the AXMC and ATX it was on. But I’ll resolve that later if needed. This also has the high action rail vs low on my other rifle

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
Ran 80 rounds of 140gr SMK 6.5creedmoor through MK1 of the AXSR clip-on collar for MDT AICS mags. No failures. Going to make some tiny tweaks just to tighten up a tiny bit of horizontal slack (0.24mm on the front wall) but MK2 should be the final thing :)

Was curious about bolt lift since it came up during another thread, but since its AI related I'll post it here as well. Not that it is scientific. But putting 20lbs of lead on the scale and taping paracord to the most outward point on the bolt, greatest leverage, measuring the negative weight.

2014 AXSA was 7.5lbs to cock the bolt.
2022 AT-X took 12.7lbs
2020 AXSR 8.5lbs
Trg22 6.4lbs
Mousingfield 6.0

The AXSA has a replacement SFP bolt, but the LFP bolt felt the same.

View attachment 8480027

Interesting that the AT-X is so much higher than the others.