• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

For my size hands I like to index my thumb on the AXSR's folding stock retention plug, but it always felt a little shallow and uncomfortable and sometimes even hard to find under stress. So today I made a little doohickey that clicks into that spot securely and provides a nice little thumb shelf. I'm pretty happy with how it fits and functions.

shelf1.jpg

shelf2.jpg

shelf3.jpg
shelf4.jpg

I don't control it per say after trial and error. I just open it up a couple weeks before I'm ready to load for a match and let it sit out.

I found after 12 days being left open it stops speeding up until I assume it's fully in homeostasis with the Utah 30-35% all year long avg rh. If I was living in a more humid climate I would prolly run something to dehumidify it but it's so dry here I don't see the need with the type of competitive shooting I do.

Would have to look back at some chrono data but I have put 40 rounds of this lot over a Garmin it's like 9sd and less than 30 es
Nice. Thanks

😳 I was going to buy a Mk5 when I come out to the US next month...

Mostly because after currency conversion it works out £1800 to buy one in the US vs £2900 here. Which makes it seem like crazy good value.
Hell yeah man. Buy it, you won’t be dissatisfied.
Compared to NF you’ll see a narrower field of view, but be rewarded with a more forgiving exit pupil. It’s going to do everything you need it to.

For my size hands I like to index my thumb on the AXSR's folding stock retention plug, but it always felt a little shallow and uncomfortable and sometimes even hard to find under stress. So today I made a little doohickey that clicks into that spot securely and provides a nice little thumb shelf. I'm pretty happy with how it fits and functions.

View attachment 8476790
View attachment 8476792
View attachment 8476793View attachment 8476794
That looks awesome!

You planning to sell any? If yes, let me know.

Reactions: CollarChoke
One of these days im going to pull a scope off a shelf at Walmart and pop it on. IPHY and duplex!
First of all, my AT has a Leupold MK5 with an Illuminared TMR and I am not afraid to write that in all caps if I have to!

:)

(But seriously find me another reticle that is gloriously .1 MRAD thick and as easy to see sans batteries — I am all ears.)

Second, USO makes their Foundation line with an IPHY reticle option and I always wonder who would choose that reticle.

-Stan

That looks awesome!

You planning to sell any? If yes, let me know.
I'm going to have a small batch (like 10 or so) fabricated in aluminum and cerakoted black. The plastic version works great and locks up tight, but if you want to take it on and off a lot to use the folding stock I think it's going to fatigue over time. So I reckon I'll run the prototype for a little while and then I'll put some money into an aluminum versino.

I still have to see what the fab costs are going to be but since I'm making them for my own use either way, I'm not looking to make any money off of it, so if folks are interested I'm happy to ship some out at shipping cost. I'll post in this thread when they're ready.

I'm also happy to share the CAD file for folks that wanna fab their own.

It does make a night and day difference in feel and immediately finding a nicely repeatable 90-degree trigger press for me at least.

EDIT: turns out fabrication cost isn't too bad at all, so I'll have 10 anodized black aluminum versions of these AXSR plug-and-play thumb shelves in a week or two ... I'm going to keep 2 for myself and then I'll make the rest available for anyone who's interested here at shipping costs.

Last edited:
My current AXMC setup. Yes, it is for PRS. I used a dremel to fit the Reptilia diving board on the Vortex Gen II. Currently I have a 6.5CM barrel and will soon have a 25x47 Lapua barrel as well.

View attachment 8477407
Is that an AXSR hand guard with the integrated arca? If so l, is it as easy as ordering an AXSR hand guard and installing it on an AXMC? Interested in doing this myself.

Is that an AXSR hand guard with the integrated arca? If so l, is it as easy as ordering an AXSR hand guard and installing it on an AXMC? Interested in doing this myself.
Hey, it was this forend for the AXMC, not the AXSR forend:

https://www.milehighshooting.com/accuracy-international-16-forend-tube-m-lok-ax-axmc-rifle-black/

I have this 16" Victor Company AX HR1 forend in brown color I no longer need. PM me if you are interested

I can’t speak specifically for the MC but I did it on the SA and it was plug and play. You’ll find it specifically labeled on mile high or euro for the AX SA/ MC line. So long as you are running a 20moa action rail everything should line up.
Looks likes that’s what he did.

I can’t speak specifically for the MC but I did it on the SA and it was plug and play. You’ll find it specifically labeled on mile high or euro for the AX SA/ MC line. So long as you are running a 20moa action rail everything should line up.
Looks likes that’s what he did.
It didn't matter to me, but for everyone's awareness the action rail on my long action AXMC is 30 MOA and the forend rail is 20 MOA. You might not be able to see in the picture, but there is a slight height difference in the top rails lining up

Reactions: Zkinnear
iirc @MOUNTIC said the AXMC and AXSR forends run different threads, so you'd have to source some AXSR forend screws as well to run the AXSR mlok frontend on an AXMC I think otherwise they fit? @MOUNTIC would know.

Anyone here running their AI in a pack folded & muzzle up? If so, what pack and how are you running it?

My AXSR with a 1.5” mount won’t fit in the GS2 scabbard folded & muzzle up. So looking for ideas. I snagged the new mission emod system from eberle so I was going to give that a whirl once the scope is back….but figured I’d ask around.

Anyone here running their AI in a pack folded & muzzle up? If so, what pack and how are you running it?

My AXSR with a 1.5” mount won’t fit in the GS2 scabbard folded & muzzle up. So looking for ideas. I snagged the new mission emod system from eberle so I was going to give that a whirl once the scope is back….but figured I’d ask around.

I strap mine muzzle up to the outside

This one is for left-folding stocks (they make one for right folders too).

Don’t own this one, but I own their regular 55” case and it’s pretty nice. I thought it was made in the UK, but confirmed later that it’s Asian-made 😞.

I should have specified, my bad.

Folded w/ muzzle up against frame (not outside of pack), and not a drag bag.

I haven’t found a solution that allows you to do that. Best option would be a hunting pack with meat shelf.

I tried to carry against the frame, folded, and muzzle up and did not like it.
IMG_6081.jpeg
IMG_6080.jpeg

I then tried muzzle up, folded, on outside of bag and that was better, but since I am a heathen and don’t clean my suppressors very often debris made its way from the suppressor to the bolt and gummed it up. Cycling the bolt multiple times and pulling the trigger cleaned all debris.
IMG_6263.jpeg

I have since migrated to outside pack, folded, and barrel down.
IMG_6282.jpeg

I am currently looking at trying to put the Eberlestock Bolt Action Scabbard in between the frame and the pack.

I haven’t found a solution that allows you to do that. Best option would be a hunting pack with meat shelf.

I tried to carry against the frame, folded, and muzzle up and did not like it.
View attachment 8477545View attachment 8477546

I then tried muzzle up, folded, on outside of bag and that was better, but since I am a heathen and don’t clean my suppressors very often debris made its way from the suppressor to the bolt and gummed it up. Cycling the bolt multiple times and pulling the trigger cleaned all debris.
View attachment 8477547

I have since migrated to outside pack, folded, and barrel down. View attachment 8477548

I am currently looking at trying to put the Eberlestock Bolt Action Scabbard in between the frame and the pack.

That's pretty much how I do it with my kifaru. I can run it up on the meat shelf or out side in the straps up or down.

How do you find it?

I can’t decide between the S&B US or a MK5HD or NF NX8

Always pick your reticle and go from there.

I will say the 520us is probably one of my all time fav scopes from SB with the dtii turrets but at their current new prices they can keep em.

Mk5 318 will be a hair lighter iirm and I wouldn't even consider an nx anything from NF but that's just me.

I'm going to have a small batch (like 10 or so) fabricated in aluminum and cerakoted black. The plastic version works great and locks up tight, but if you want to take it on and off a lot to use the folding stock I think it's going to fatigue over time. So I reckon I'll run the prototype for a little while and then I'll put some money into an aluminum versino.

I still have to see what the fab costs are going to be but since I'm making them for my own use either way, I'm not looking to make any money off of it, so if folks are interested I'm happy to ship some out at shipping cost. I'll post in this thread when they're ready.

It does make a night and day difference in feel and immediately finding a nicely repeatable 90-degree trigger press for me at least.

EDIT: turns out fabrication cost isn't too bad at all, so I'll have 10 anodized black aluminum versions of these AXSR plug-and-play thumb shelves in a week or two ... I'm going to keep 2 for myself and then I'll make the rest available for anyone who's interested here at shipping costs.
Count me in when they are available

Reactions: CollarChoke
This one is for left-folding stocks (they make one for right folders too).

Don’t own this one, but I own their regular 55” case and it’s pretty nice. I thought it was made in the UK, but confirmed later that it’s Asian-made 😞.

i wouldn't be too upset, if it was made in the UK odds are extremely high its still actually made by an Asian or a middle easterner.

Reactions: carbonbased
I wonder if at can be configured as a light(ish) weight hunting rifle
I got my ATX down to 12.83# without scope. Add 36oz for a lighter scope and mount and you are around 15#. Considering the following scopes for Mammoth and NRL Hunter

Leupold MK5 3.6-18x44 PR2 and Badger COMM (32.375oz)
Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 MIL-XT and Badger COMM (36.375oz)
S&B PMii 5-20x50 US MSR2 and Badger COMM (37.065oz)

IMG_6153.jpeg
IMG_6156.jpeg

I have the Mystery Ranch Crewcab, I can use it as a daypack, and it expands to fit a lot of gear if needed, especially with the daypack lid.

Edit: Its the Crewcab, Cabinet is the hunting version.
20240811_084210.jpg

Attachments

• 20240811_084232.jpg
    20240811_084232.jpg
    948.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240811_084325.jpg
    20240811_084325.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

I’d like to grab one up if you have any available

I got my ATX down to 12.83# without scope. Add 36oz for a lighter scope and mount and you are around 15#. Considering the following scopes for Mammoth and NRL Hunter

Leupold MK5 3.6-18x44 PR2 and Badger COMM (32.375oz)
Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 MIL-XT and Badger COMM (36.375oz)
S&B PMii 5-20x50 US MSR2 and Badger COMM (37.065oz)

View attachment 8477620View attachment 8477621
Gotta add thar Q stock

1620B92F-880D-4CFB-92C8-989935C4BB5F.jpeg