• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

What?
Dude, who actually takes a 5-10k rifle out of the safe let alone for a match??? What if it gets scratched???!!!???!!??

What?
Dude, who actually takes a 5-10k rifle out of the safe let alone for a match??? What if it gets scratched???!!!???!!??
Sheeit. I wish these things only cost $5000
9A67B3C6-96A9-4528-B6B6-477C946A2805.jpeg

Have a last minute match tomorrow , zero confirmation off gate barricade was acceptable

7284E150-CCC8-4108-8DE3-8D9837088955.jpeg

#2shotgroupsarethenew5shotgroupa
#gonnalookgoodgettinglastplace

Dependabilt (Sawtooth) ARCA Dovetail plate.

I don’t not see any issues with it mounted to a tripod. It rode a bag really well and actually allowed you to get slightly lower than the RRS BAX on a bag or tripod.

I did have problems with the Sawtooth since that is usually where I would hold the rifle when moving. The RRS BAX felt much better in hand.

Anyone knows a source in europe?

Damn, I hate PRS.

So much gear designed specifically for playing a game.

I was just in the middle of a post where I was agreeing with you, but then I realized that I'm shooting an AT-X myself.

That would be like coming up from giving a blowjob to tell the other guy he's gay.

I was just in the middle of a post where I was agreeing with you, but then I realized that I'm shooting an AT-X myself.

That would be like coming up from giving a blowjob to tell the other guy he's gay.
There’s good gay and bad gay

That sounds like bad gay

Follows me for more life lessons

Reactions: stanley_white

Uploaded most of the Stage Videos into a playlist from my last match prior to the IPRF '24 World Champs at Cameo next month.

Can't decide whether to record the stages at the World Champs or leave the TriggerCam at home and give myself one less thing to think about before a stage.

Last edited:
Inspired by @pfl338's mag collars which I use to run my AI AICS mags out of the AXSR, I wanted to make a more permanent version for myself with some tweaks based specifically on the polymer MDT AICS mags which ran really well in combo with the universal AXSR magwell collars that Paul had made.

To that end a few months ago I designed a version of the collar that has a stop at the exact height for the MDT AICS magazine to run well inside an AXSR and I also added some small things like a feed-ramp bridge that fills the gap between the short action magazine and the long action feedramp and eliminates any chances of nose diving.

After many rounds of running the bolt-on version held on by tension/friction, I'm confident enough in the design that I printed up some full strength PETG versions and epoxied them in place. They've been running both 308 and 6.5Creedmoor with zero hiccups. At 40 bucks a pop for the MDT magazine, I can replace 3 of these for the cost of a single AI AXSR Short Action magazine.

feed-ramp.jpg

mag-collars.jpg

If anyone is interested in replicating these with their own 3D printer, I'm happy to share the STL file, just hit me up.

Uploaded most of the Stage Videos into a playlist from my last match prior to the IPRF '24 World Champs at Cameo next month.

Can't decide whether to record the stages at the World Champs or leave the TriggerCam at home and give myself one less thing to think about before a stage.

Very well done Sir.

Reactions: JayjayUK
Besides the barrel/profile, what are the other differences between a Pre 2014 AT308 and a Post 2014 AT308?
Think the AT only goes back to 2014. The 14 AT has a large firing pin. 2015 they went to small firing pins

AX would apply here and introduced the current AX stock vs the AT stock and the quickloc barrel feature

Previous to the AT only the AW was available in that configuration or the AE. Which didn’t have the quickloc

Think the AT only goes back to 2014. The 14 AT has a large firing pin. 2015 they went to small firing pins

AX would apply here and introduced the current AX stock vs the AT stock and the quickloc barrel feature

Previous to the AT only the AW was available in that configuration or the AE. Which didn’t have the quickloc
I have a 13 dated AT. The bolt looks very similar to the AW which lacks the long flutings found on later ATs.
3b29794c50e1d4d06871ed58716d642c.jpeg

I have a 13 dated AT. The bolt looks very similar to the AW which lacks the long flutings found on later ATs. View attachment 8473866
So, is that the easiest way to know "which" you have?

I have both a 14 and 18. I should look at the bolts of both. But both have the full length fluting. I honestly wonder if it's anything "2014 and up" and not "post 2014" i.e. 2015 and up.

The barrel profile on the 2014 vs 2018 is certainly different, but both are 1:12.

I have a 13 dated AT. The bolt looks very similar to the AW which lacks the long flutings found on later ATs. View attachment 8473866
Right mine does as well. The fluting came in 15 with the SFP I think. I’d guess the 13 would be the first year production on the AT then. Same as the AXMC. I think technically with the AXMC as well it’s a 2014 production. But there’s some dated 2013. Mine was a 2013 model

So, is that the easiest way to know "which" you have?

I have both a 14 and 18. I should look at the bolts of both. But both have the full length fluting. I honestly wonder if it's anything "2014 and up" and not "post 2014" i.e. 2015 and up.

The barrel profile on the 2014 vs 2018 is certainly different, but both are 1:12.
My 2014 AT is a LFP model. My barrel is also thinner but I think the thicker profile or at least current profile came in 2018.

My 308 is a LW 1:12 barrel

I just bought another 2014 AT here and that is LFP as well. Same bolt design. This is a 2014 AT. The 2014 bolt is on the far left

If your trying to see what firing pin you have you can pull the pin and measure it

Something like .078” vs .063” large vs small
IMG_6642.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn, I hate PRS.

So much gear designed specifically for playing a game.
Meh. You learn to build steady positions quickly on the clock. And get your gear and technique sorted.

Some of the hardware / software drifts over and benefits “real world “ shooters

F43AFB22-944C-45E9-8B8B-6C483CD57D69.jpeg

2” bars at 400 for the “targets are big “ crowd

9B2B69D7-9421-4196-9DA6-1BFB124DE378.jpeg

Most rifles are pretty reasonable as far as versatility

I bought an AI AT in 308 in March once AI announced they were discontinuing civilian sales of this model.

I bought 10 AW magazines with it as well.

Tonight I finally got it out and all ten magazines, when filled with ten dummy rounds, cycled flawlessly the first time — no tuning required.

I am excited to finally get this thing to the range in the coming weeks.

Turn-key system? Damn right.

-Stan
DAMN RIGHT!!

Reactions: stanley_white
Meh. You learn to build steady positions quickly on the clock. And get your gear and technique sorted.

View attachment 8473890

View attachment 8473891

What reticle is that?

View attachment 8473890

View attachment 8473891

I don’t shoot prs. Probably never will. But I can honestly say it has probably been the biggest influence on modern shooting equipment for everyone.

It brings the modern chassis’s we have, the huge amount of optics, calibers and barrels available. Also the actions. Basically everything most of us use has come about from prs guys who do positional shooting and swap lots of barrels.

A lot of its style transfers easily to hunting and other shooting disciplines

It also opened up an entire market of .22 trainers and second hand equipment at great prices for people to try

It brought a whole new life to centerfire and rimfire is benefiting now as well

I for one appreciate the gamer guys

I don’t shoot prs. Probably never will. But I can honestly say it has probably been the biggest influence on modern shooting equipment for everyone.

It brings the modern chassis’s we have, the huge amount of optics, calibers and barrels available. Also the actions. Basically everything most of us use has come about from prs guys who do positional shooting and swap lots of barrels.

A lot of its style transfers easily to hunting and other shooting disciplines

It also opened up an entire market of .22 trainers and second hand equipment at great prices for people to try

It brought a whole new life to centerfire and rimfire is benefiting now as well

I for one appreciate the gamer guys

Ditto...

ditto-blazing.gif

Reactions: hafejd30
It appears that buying a spare breech ring is basically impossible as neither MHSA or Sporting Services will respond to my emails to either confirm or deny their availability/cost.

Are there any other options that I'm unaware of?

Why do you need one? Do you know how to remove and install one?

I want one as a spare and AI states it's an easily replaceable part. It's just a ring that slides into the front of the action same as what GA Precision uses on their Tempest action.

I don't get why you think that having critical spare parts on hand for a $5K imported rifle (I have 2 AT's) to ensure you can keep it running for the next 30+ years is such a crazy idea? Importation of parts for these rifles could be stopped with the stroke of a pen at any time so it seems like a worthwhile investment to me.

ETA: If nothing else I may not know how to install it but I bet MHSA does so if I ever screw up a rifle and the part isn't available I can send the rifle and the part to MHSA and have them install it.

Last edited:
Manzella makes awesome barrels and has history with AI. Basically a factory barrel but more accurate.

View attachment 8466453

My 6cm barrel shoots lights out and much better shooters than me only use his barrels due to his consistency and attention to detail.
Ordered!

Thank you @BurtG!

-Stan

Reactions: BurtG