• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I'm in. I can distribute some to the AI Mafia at Quantico.

IMG_7412.jpeg

If anyone’s interested and wants to swap a thumbhole AT for a ATX let me know

I’m surprised no one has jumped on that already. Atx is better at everything but not getting cold in the winter for people with soft hands
I had it listed and pulled it. I keep going back and forth on it. If someone has a decent trade or just buys it then it would help make my decision easier haha

I’m looking to do another build like my green AT. It just fits me better. Being I don’t shoot comps the ATX chassis isn’t that much of a benefit to me.

I shoot my AT several times a week currently and I’m just used to that and find it more comfortable

The couple things I want for my upcoming build is bonded chassis (for the reason mentioned in post above and same has been mentioned and tested by @samb300).

I also want the original trigger for the reliability aspect and same trigger as I’m used to. This comp trigger in the ATX is better. It’s actually a fantastic trigger. I just know guys who replaced factory AT triggers with comps and played with adjustments then had issues.

@TheBigCountry has one I’m considering. As do a few others here. I’d prefer an SFP bolt for this one but I have spares if needed

Going to set it up as a 260 Rem and 300 WSM.

Reactions: BurtG
Do you guys think I’m overpriced here?

There are pics in that other thread so technically this is picture related

Complete honesty as I’ve looked at your thread recently

Yes I do

Pre 14’ guns seem to go much cheaper here. Yours is in line with recent AXMC with quickloc prices in my opinion

I don’t know what barrel life is on that but I’d take barrel life into consideration as well as the fact I’d need tools to swap it

The short action AX models typically struggle to sell around the $3500 mark

You can get quick change axmc for less than your asking price. And axsr for close to your price.

Look at the similar threads section below your post. Those show what rifles loke
Yours have sold for

I think you mean ATX. AX typically are in the $4-5k range. Unless I have missed some fire sales as of late.
The pre 14’ AX. Which is the short action version of the rifle he’s selling.

Yes you’re correct. Typically the AX with SFP bolt and quickloc sell $5500 ish range here

Not the case for the non quickloc model with the AT stock on them

Here’s a couple examples from 2023

Complete honesty as I’ve looked at your thread recently

Yes I do

Pre 14’ guns seem to go much cheaper here. Yours is in line with recent AXMC with quickloc prices in my opinion

I don’t know what barrel life is on that but I’d take barrel life into consideration as well as the fact I’d need tools to swap it

The short action AX models typically struggle to sell around the $3500 mark
Come on with it it needs a good home lol

Come on with it it needs a good home lol
Lol

He did ask for the opinion. I’d never crap in someone’s threads but since he asked here I gave an honest opinion

The AXMC ability to change between long and short action cartridges in a matter of minuets, coupled with the stock upgrade for the same price would be a no brainer.

Honestly in today’s market I wouldn’t buy an AI unless it had the quickloc. It’s what makes it such a versatile rifle.

I say when you start adding action wrenches into the equation you can start opening up the discussion to other aftermarket actions as well

Lol

He did ask for the opinion. I’d never crap in someone’s threads but since he asked here I gave an honest opinion

The AXMC ability to change between long and short action cartridges in a matter of minuets, coupled with the stock upgrade for the same price would be a no brainer.

Honestly in today’s market I wouldn’t buy an AI unless it had the quickloc. It’s what makes it such a versatile rifle.

I say when you start adding action wrenches into the equation you can start opening up the discussion to other aftermarket actions as well

If I could get an AWM in 300WM for $6K I'd probably buy it and sell my TRG-42. I just prefer the simplicity of that style of chassis over the AX type chassis.

Reactions: DKN83
Lol

Hey was it you, i think it was; trying to get an opinion without posting price etc on FS section… i gave an opinion and got banned for a week. It was a 22” 6.5 upper.

I hate when ppl post feelers on exchange without pics price etc and get bend out of shape when someone says something.

If it is not you, my sincerest apologies up front.

Hey was it you, i think it was; trying to get an opinion without posting price etc on FS section… i gave an opinion and got banned for a week. It was a 22” 6.5 upper.

I hate when ppl post feelers on exchange without pics price etc and get bend out of shape when someone says something.

If it is not you, my sincerest apologies up front.
I have no idea

When I see someone post something without a price I’ll throw a start bidding process offer or something in there. Need a price per the forum rules but I just give a little poke when I see that. More of a joke than anything. I certainly wouldn’t report it and maybe someday I’ll get banned for it who knows

If it’s a scammer trying to pull the wool over a members eyes I’ll light that thread up. Several of us do. If I get the banhammer for that then so be it

Other than that I really don’t recall. If you find the thread I’d be happy to explain my response. Understand some threads turn into discussions for a bit as well. Sometimes the buyer or seller won’t have an answer so others may pitch in to help. Especially with know members here. It does nothing but help I think

If you’re implying I started a thread asking about an AR 22” upper in the sale area that definitely wouldn’t have been me. I don’t use or play with 6.5 gassers

Yeah but I have a sweet spot for the AW/AWM look

If I went AXMC again though I’d make one just like yours is/was

Step 1.... Buy awm
Step 2.... Buy axmc
Step 3 debond both
Step 4 rebond axmc action into awm chassis
Step 5 throw axmc chassis away and flex on poors

Step 1.... Buy awm
Step 2.... Buy axmc
Step 3 debond both
Step 4 rebond axmc action into awm chassis
Step 5 throw axmc chassis away and flex on poors
I could be wrong but I think the AXMC action is longer and wider in design and uses different mags that need the longer action. Hence won’t fit in the AWM stock. I could be wrong

Either way I need about $25,000 and in the end I’ll have a long action AT and a gun identical to what the guy asking about above has listed for $6900.

And I’ll have neutered a AWM which I’m not sure I’m cool with

😁👍

I bought an AI AT in 308 in March once AI announced they were discontinuing civilian sales of this model.

I bought 10 AW magazines with it as well.

Tonight I finally got it out and all ten magazines, when filled with ten dummy rounds, cycled flawlessly the first time — no tuning required.

I am excited to finally get this thing to the range in the coming weeks.

Turn-key system? Damn right.

-Stan

Isn’t that TT new? How is it already back?
It was used from another member here. The parallax knob would shift under the 300PRC recoil so I sent it in. The ELR match had enough time to make those adjustments but it’s something I figured I’d send in for a check. …plus an inspection and cleaning/service is always a good idea on a second hand optic. Better to do it now before next season when I have some down time.

I have no idea

When I see someone post something without a price I’ll throw a start bidding process offer or something in there. Need a price per the forum rules but I just give a little poke when I see that. More of a joke than anything. I certainly wouldn’t report it and maybe someday I’ll get banned for it who knows

If it’s a scammer trying to pull the wool over a members eyes I’ll light that thread up. Several of us do. If I get the banhammer for that then so be it

Other than that I really don’t recall. If you find the thread I’d be happy to explain my response. Understand some threads turn into discussions for a bit as well. Sometimes the buyer or seller won’t have an answer so others may pitch in to help. Especially with know members here. It does nothing but help I think

If you’re implying I started a thread asking about an AR 22” upper in the sale area that definitely wouldn’t have been me. I don’t use or play with 6.5 gassers
Ok then it was definitely someone else, i am horrible with usernames in general. Sorry 🤗

I'm excited for that field report... Also how far out you seated?
I’m on the edge of my seat every time I see you tag me…I mean ummm I’m seated as far out as Hornady loads them because I’m a poor that doesn’t have a reloading setup…but does have thousands of brass pieces in boxes everywhere…

• Love
Reactions: Huskydriver
Back in 2021 I screwed around for a year and ran a 16-3/4” with 338ultra in 308 for all team matches. Thing was stupid quiet and had zero recoil. Had a blast. Super fun to shoot. Surprisingly it was consistant and pretty good to 750-800 yards. Like 90%+ of a 2 day team COF. Past 800 yards things got dicey quick. I was running the M118LR recipe but with 175gr Berger OTMs. I was getting 2490-2500fps.

I have continually been kicking around the idea of 18-20” 6.5CM with 338 Ultra. Eventually I’ll get it setup.

View attachment 8468688
View attachment 8468689

What type of angled ARCA adapter is that?

Do you see any issues with elevation angles on a tripod compared to the RRS adapter?

thx

What type of angled ARCA adapter is that?

Do you see any issues with elevation angles on a tripod compared to the RRS adapter?

thx
Dependabilt (Sawtooth) ARCA Dovetail plate.

I don’t not see any issues with it mounted to a tripod. It rode a bag really well and actually allowed you to get slightly lower than the RRS BAX on a bag or tripod.

I did have problems with the Sawtooth since that is usually where I would hold the rifle when moving. The RRS BAX felt much better in hand.

Reactions: sporter123