• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

My dogs killed more things than most yalls AIs

D2C7FBB4-0465-4C26-806B-276DC8997162.jpeg

So fellow dudes, I have a question due to my limited experience with the specific model I am about to inquire on:

If you could snag a 7-35 ATACR for $2,530ish, what would be the best competitive option in that price range? Or should I jump on it. It is NIB.

I am a hobbiest. This is probably NOT going on my AT-X (I have a Razor Gen 3 on there...and you can quit "ewww"ing already). My only experience with the German stuff is a 5-25 S&B PMII that I had on loan for several months, and it is fantastic compared to everything made 10 years ago...but not so much now IMO.

What else should I expect looking at in this range?

Thanks.

So fellow dudes, I have a question due to my limited experience with the specific model I am about to inquire on:

If you could snag a 7-35 ATACR for $2,530ish, what would be the best competitive option in that price range? Or should I jump on it. It is NIB.

I am a hobbiest. This is probably NOT going on my AT-X (I have a Razor Gen 3 on there...and you can quit "ewww"ing already). My only experience with the German stuff is a 5-25 S&B PMII that I had on loan for several months, and it is fantastic compared to everything made 10 years ago...but not so much now IMO.

Thanks.
Get that 735 that’s a deal. Hopefully mil xt

Or spend a lot more and don’t compromise

Thanks.
I have several SB 5-25s, a SB 6-36, and 7-35 ATACR. I think the SBs have a little edge in image quality, and I like the turrets a little better, but the 7-35 really holds its own pretty well. I have no intention of ever selling it. That’s a great price IF it has the reticle you want. If not, pass on it. A “great deal” is never worth living with a reticle you don’t like.
Edit: agree with @BurtG on the Mil-XT, but that’s a personal preference for me

View attachment 8478215

I’d take a Vortex before a shit and bender.

Had a 545 and 525. Both awful and other people looked through them and agreed. Add in the failures that people have.

No way
maury-that-was-a-lie.gif

I agree on the 545 colossal failure. The 525s and 520us I have are nothing short of phenomenal glass.

@diggler1833 that is a great price for a 735. The 735 NF has the best glass of all the atcr line...probably made in the same outfit doing the gen 3 razor outta Japan. Gen 3 razors would probably be the next best easy button under 2500

Thanks.
I love mine. It sits on my AT. It has a MIL-C reticle which I also love.

NIB for $2530 is smoking...I would jump on it.

Order placed. $2,520 for the black , $2,590 for the FDE...Mil XT, 7-35. It was $2,770ish with the tax and shipping.

If you want to know there and qualify for the typical discount stuff, message me.

Yea man pretty solid scope I wish they would get rid of the rotating ocular and get some updated turrets either like SB dtii or the tangent tooless.

Yea man pretty solid scope I wish they would get rid of the rotating ocular and get some updated turrets either like SB dtii or the tangent tooless.

I've actually never played with one. I know that it is Japanese made, and my closest "guess" is that it is possibly just a hair better/worse than the new G3 Razors... with probably a little more track record of durability.

Now that Vortex upped their prices, you can get the ATACR for less. That was the selling point for me. If I hate it, I can probably recoup every dollar I invested in it.

Thanks.
That’s a great deal on the ATACR 7-35. I have two of them on my rifles. When I moved my SB 535 PM2 to my AI AW, I could have gotten anything I wanted and I went with a ATACR 7-35 Mil-XT because I just think it’s a great bang for the buck. I don’t think I am really giving up anything vs other scopes. For the price offered, that’s a fantastic deal for one that isn’t all beat up. I bought all of my Nightforce scopes here on the Hide through CSTactical who I think is wonderful to deal with.

Reactions: moaorbust
Order placed. $2,520 for the black , $2,590 for the FDE...Mil XT, 7-35. It was $2,770ish with the tax and shipping.

If you want to know where and qualify for the typical discount stuff, message me.
You’ll be happy. I have both the 7-35 Mil XT and ZCO 527. ZCO controls for the zoom (non rotating ocular) and the illumination I like a touch more.

But that’s a damn good price for the NF especially new. Not sure what the terms of the sale are but you’ll get your money back in the px here if you don’t care for it

Mil XT is my favorite reticle. I’m not sure if they make a F2 with mil XT. They have moar T and Mil C for sure. The F2 is second focal plane and $500 cheaper new than the F1 models. Just fyi when deal shopping

Last edited:

Thanks.
1723478697159.gif

• Haha
Reactions: diggler1833
I just be one of the few who Actually like the rotating ocular of the NF scopes. It's a bit of a pain with scope caps but I like being able to grab a handful of scope and twist.
Both of my USO FDNs have large knurled areas and I can grab a lot of the occular housing — no throw lever needed. It is nice.

-Stan

Reactions: Eggman
If you run the tenebraex covers it makes it almost a non issue.

If you were making adjustments on the clock especially with the bolt open you could run the bolt into the cap if not rotated out of the way quick enough

If you don’t run scope caps or a triggercam the rotating ocular is really a non issue and can be a benefit if you like the added real estate for grip

If you run the tenebraex covers it makes it almost a non issue.

If you were making adjustments on the clock especially with the bolt open you could run the bolt into the cap if not rotated out of the way quick enough

If you don’t run scope caps or a triggercam the rotating ocular is really a non issue and can be a benefit if you like the added real estate for grip

most of my tenebraex caps can be completely removed in an instant on the ocular. so if i think its getting in the way, i do that. its really a non issue, but i dont have too many nightforces anymore.

I have already lost two NF occular caps, 1 time hunting the other in a match. The rotating occular is (was) a pain in the ass to deal with. I will say since I got the One Hundred Concepts scope cap with the shock collar, the cap never gets in the way, and I dont mind the rotating occular now. If you have an ATACR, I highly recommend those scope caps.

I have already lost two NF occular caps, 1 time hunting the other in a match. The rotating occular is (was) a pain in the ass to deal with. I will say since I got the One Hundred Concepts scope cap with the shock collar, the cap never gets in the way, and I dont mind the rotating occular now. If you have an ATACR, I highly recommend those scope caps.
I'll have to look into them.

Ok people keep saying Tbrex covers make it a non issue like a coping mechanism here.

Try taking off those non issue covers and see how much they actually impact your view; especially running gunning. Big bulky covers, ewwwwww

Now; the only reason 90% end up with 7-35 is because NF does not have anything worth a dime in the lower range; with one exception, the 4-16x which is my favorite optic. However that does not meet the zoom range and most would agree. 5-25x atacr is a giant piece of crap.

Would i buy one at $2350.00 new; probably… Next step up is A LOT more.

Sorry to interfere the nightforce group therapy here.

Reactions: taliv and BurtG
I think I'll survive with the rotating ocular. Really eager to put this against my G3 Razor for an unbiased opinion.

Here's the point where I get "boo'ed" even worse and state that I frequently use neoprene covers. Not only does it help to prevent dings on my expensive Fudd long guns sitting in the back of the safes, but they are cheap and just as easy to remove.

My "Just as guuuud" Burris XTR III and Pro keep shitting the objective cover off during recoil. Kind of a pisser. I do like the new Vortex ones though.

Reactions: BurtG
I think I'll survive with the rotating ocular. Really eager to put this against my G3 Razor for an unbiased opinion.

Here's the point where I get "boo'ed" even worse and state that I frequently use neoprene covers. Not only does it help to prevent dings on my expensive Fudd long guns sitting in the back of the safes, but they are cheap and just as easy to remove.

My "Just as guuuud" Burris XTR III and Pro keep shitting the objective cover off during recoil. Kind of a pisser. I do like the new Vortex ones though.
I dont mind a black G3 36x

Reactions: diggler1833