• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

So you don't know.

Got it.

Thank you.

-Stan
Depends on the round used, the friction of the barrel, and the thermodynamic characteristics of that barrel. No one can given an answer. Just start writing down speeds over time. Ultimately, there should be a change as a new barrel "breaks in and settles down" no diferent than the horsepower of a car when first built versus the power of that car after the engine is broken in. Don't think anyone is really going to give you a better answer. Give it a couple hundred rounds and see what happens.

You could just shoot 6.5 and use Strelok like the smart people do

Instead of pondering Sonics and other nonsensical bs
Very true. I only know this shit from a past life. My personal shooting these days doesn't have me anywhere close to having to Cal DSF and subsonic. I shoot hair bun 6 Dasher in PRS and field matches. I have a 308 barrel for my AI but it's just for fuck around And I don't shoot factory slow -08 175s in it.

Reactions: BurtG
AI doesn’t just make you a great shooter,
It also makes you a pretentious Ballistic professor!
C’mon we all know what happens when you own one. 😂
Nah man, true AI shooters are pony-tail bro dudes that just "send it" take their barrels off with a crescent wrench and sledgehammer. Just look at Jacob bynum and husky driver

This is supposed to be an AI pic thread not an AB ballistics theory thread...

so back on topic please.

2d4c9ee38923b5c92676ae6f03b59d1d-2887784492.jpg

Depends on the round used, the friction of the barrel, and the thermodynamic characteristics of that barrel. No one can given an answer. Just start writing down speeds over time. Ultimately, there should be a change as a new barrel "breaks in and settles down" no diferent than the horsepower of a car when first built versus the power of that car after the engine is broken in. Don't think anyone is really going to give you a better answer. Give it a couple hundred rounds and see what happens.
Thank you!

-Stan

Bro, we're trying to nerd out over here on some super serious high brow theoretical ballistic shit; super important high end stuff! ....and you're butting in with some mouth-breathing day 1 shit like, "Do barrels speed up?". 🤣

View attachment 8506879
My bad.

I left out the word when.

As such, I shall new rephrase:

“When (as in round count) do the AI UK barrels in 308 begin to speed up?”

That should do it.

-Stan

• Love
Reactions: JR1200W3
Last edited:
Reactions: NHPiper
Someone enlighten me on that mount height and cant choice. Seems.. excessive.
I saw this rifle mentioned a couple of weeks ago here:

And then found this:

I saw this rifle mentioned a couple of weeks ago here:

And then found this:

Makes me wonder what clip-ons they’ll employ. Really limits the options if that was a consideration. Midwave can accommodate the different cant angles, but not as easily done with long wave. I2 is less of a problem.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
Makes me wonder what clip-ons they’ll employ. Really limits the options if that was a consideration. Midwave can accommodate the different cant angles, but not as easily done with long wave. I2 is less of a problem.
They are just victims of the system.
Probably did that so no matter what clip on they use or have access to, or future procurement, will all fit

Took the little lady out on a date and had a mk12's maiden voyage. She loves the clone m118lr and 168fgmm.

Also, got data on 168 gr loads from a 16" barrel for those wondering from before.
Hornady black amax: 2508, 17.8es, 7.3sd
Hornady match eldm: 2517, 34.1es, 15.1sd
Fgmm: 2442, 37.2es, 12.8sd

Really need to take more esthetically pleasing photos one day.

20240921_110325.jpg
20240921_215527.jpg
20240921_215530.jpg

View attachment 8506980

There. Bundeswehr G22A2 .300 Win.
UPDATE: Information on the G22A2, best I've found to date.
Why do Germans always have the sickest drip? I mean take the insignias out of the picture (to be politically correct so nobody gets a hard on me this evening), since ww1, you know…

Reactions: JackOfAllTrades