• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Accuracy International Picture Thread

If you make, they will buy it 😘
2sBhJ.gif

I don't think they should be restricted....I think people should learn to do mag changes... Why did 12 round stages come about? But I digress

View attachment 8507335
Do you think you could beat me in a mag change during a 15 rd stage if you had a 10rd mag and I had a 15rd mag? Clearly, there's no way the fastest mag changer in the west can beat someone that doesn't have to change mags at all. I don't think anyone doesn't know how to change a mag. I just don't understand why 10 is the magic number. Why not ask or expect better? Why not 12 or 15 rounds in a mag? Why is 7 minute abs all fucked up but 6 minute abs is right?

Do you think you could beat me in a mag change during a 15 rd stage if you had a 10rd mag and I had a 15rd mag? Clearly, there's no way the fastest mag changer in the west can beat someone that doesn't have to change mags at all. I don't think anyone doesn't know how to change a mag. I just don't understand why 10 is the magic number. Why not ask or expect better? Why not 12 or 15 rounds in a mag? Why is 7 minute abs all fucked up but 6 minute abs is right?
Do you think 12 round stages just magically started happening because that's ideal number per stage lol

If the intent of the 15 round stage was to do a mag change and you brought a 17rd mag just to game it I mean I guess which is pretty much what all of prs has said.

I agree why 10... Why even reload at all? Why not just belt feed it? Why not a drum?

Do you think 12 round stages just magically started happening because that's ideal number per stage lol

If the intent of the 15 round stage was to do a mag change and you brought a 17rd mag just to game it I mean I guess which is pretty much what all of prs has said.

I agree why 10... Why even reload at all? Why not just belt feed it? Why not a drum?
Where would you find a 17rd AICS mag? Or a bolt action AI rifle that takes belted ammo? You're speaking in hyperbole. It's not reasonable. But a 12 or 15 rd AICS mag is. I mean what if someone made a 20rd double stack, doublefeed SR25-type mag that allowed a 2.990" COAL in a AICS footprint that fits a R700 custom action or ATX? Would you scorn the manufacturer or would it be a step forward? Why would you resist forward progress? Do you think you are a more pure subscriber to fundamental skills than I am? Do you think you've dedicated more time to speed mag changes than I have in my life? I doubt it.

Sometimes material solutions outweigh training solutions. Yes training is important. But don't be stuck in the past. As far as why do PRS match directors do what they do, I don't think they know why. They do a lot of monkey see, monkey do shit. And contrived, made up shit. But as far as pushing past 10rd stages...why is every stage 10 rds? Why don't we shoot 20 rd stages? Or 30rs stages? Bring it big shifter.

Where would you find a 17rd AICS mag? Or a bolt action AI rifle that takes belted ammo? You're speaking in hyperbole. It's not reasonable. But a 12 or 15 rd AICS mag is. I mean what if someone made a 20rd double stack, doublefeed SR25-type mag that allowed a 2.990" COAL in a AICS footprint that fits a R700 custom action or ATX? Would you scorn the manufacturer or would it be a step forward? Why would you resist forward progress? Do you think you are a more pure subscriber to fundamental skills than I am? Do you think you've dedicated more time to speed mag changes than I have in my life? I doubt it.

Sometimes material solutions outweigh training solutions. Yes training is important. But don't be stuck in the past. As far as why do PRS match directors do what they do, I don't think they know why. They do a lot of monkey see, monkey do shit. And contrived, made up shit. But as far as pushing past 10rd stages...why is every stage 10 rds? Why don't we shoot 20 rd stages? Or 30rs stages? Bring it big shifter.

I'm not arguing that things can't progress.... You will get a 16+rd aics pattern mags when md start doing 15+ round stages on the reg .... I'm not scorning the mfg they are filling an obvious demand.

Pretty sure I made 0 assumptions or comments as to your abilities home skillet nor did I make any comparisons to my own

I am merely providing free commentary on a sat night to something I find comical about the competitive shooting world. It's not the first time and won't be the last

20230611_100046.jpg

I'm not arguing that things can't progress.... You will get a 16+rd aics pattern mags when md start doing 15+ round stages on the reg .... I'm not scorning the mfg they are filling an obvious demand.

Pretty sure I made 0 assumptions or comments as to your abilities home skillet nor did I make any comparisons to my own

I am merely providing free commentary on a sat night to something I find comical about the competitive shooting world. It's not the first time and won't be the last

View attachment 8507383
66.6% of the scopes in this pic finished that match.

I think we should move to 2 round stages. Saves ammo and improves skill.