Accuracy International Picture Thread

But on a serious note, why not have both the competency to conduct a mag change and an extended mag?
Are you meaning to say, “why not have both the competency to conduct a mag change and also the ability to buy an extended mag?”

6256839D-B4BA-4E09-BB77-2124D9197C4F.png

Not my rifle…

Any long term thoughts if anyone has gone AXMC vs AXSR and why they chose that? I have an ATX and an MRAD, but really considering grabbing a long action AI.
I think bolt availability is the issue for both of those now?
And don't forget that the MC comes with the large firing pin which may not like small rifle primers

Any long term thoughts if anyone has gone AXMC vs AXSR and why they chose that? I have an ATX and an MRAD, but really considering grabbing a long action AI.
I have both (2 MCs, 1 SR). I changed the MC bolts to the SFP versions. I slightly prefer the MC over the SR, but honestly they’re so close that I wouldn’t care either way. They each have some pluses/minuses, but they’re pretty minor.

MC probably has a more reliable trigger, and I like the 3-position safety better. Large firing pin is more robust, and not an issue IF you stick to the 3 cartridges it was originally designed for. If you don’t NEED an ARCA rail in front of the mag well, the grip is more comfortable to carry. 30 MOA rail vs 20 on the SR is sort of a personal preference thing.

SR has ARCA rails everywhere. Ambi safety (meh for me), QR levers for stock adjustments are cool, but thumbscrews on MC are fine. No LFP bolt issues since they’re all SFP. Trigger is more adjustable to lighter weight, but MC is still good for me and rock solid reliability.
Same mags, same barrels.
You really can’t go wrong with either one.

Reactions: Bkultra