• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Any feedback on Nighthawk tactical rifles?

Re: Any feedback on Nighthawk tactical rifles?

Not heard of the guys in question (and they may really be the "dog's bollocks").

Unless you can afford to take a risk, I'd recommend going with what is known and proven - whether it is a custom rifle or an off-the-shelf factory gun.

Don't go getting involved with new products and development cycles...let somebody else be the test dummy.

There's plenty of known smiths on the Hide doing excellent work and whose work you can verify with members.

Just my £0.02

They are WELL DONE – very good threads, chambers, and the machining is perfect, etc. While they are rather new comers to the rifle industry, they have the right staff on board and proper materials in stock to build a proper rifle. They even donated a rifle to the Hide in 2009 ... (though no test dummy
laugh.gif
read Terry Cross’ comments in the thread).

I own 7x1911s from NHC. Their customer service is THE BEST in the industry IMO - they even pay shipping BOTH ways if you ever have a problem ... (which is rare).

Their rifles are built right. You can only dial a barrel in so straight. They don't give up anything to GAP, plus their wait time is littel to nothing depending on what you order. Thay also have an integral rail double pinned recoil lug, action being built for them that is the cats meow. I have a 243 on the way from them that should be here in a few weeks. Call and talk to Craig Gholson, or send me a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burnedtolife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah they quoted me only a 6 week build time, but GAP is only 2-3 months for a crusader, kind of torn. </div></div>IMO, you will be satisfied by either.

Waiting is difficult to do. I'm deciding right now between a 5x25 S&B and a 4x16 S&B. I can pick of the 4x16 'immediately' but would have to wait a month or so on the 5x25. 4x16 is enough for a 308 - more than enough - but having a 5x25 ... decisions, decisions. Now, if I can just listen to my own advice - I "will be satisfied by either."

Nighthawk supplied a rifle to last year's SHC and it was a very nicely made rifle. As well Jeff Badley shoots them and he is a very good shot and the rifle worked very well for him.

They are also supporting this next SHC taken place next month.

Im sure both guns are well above my meager skill level... actually the GAP wait time might not be so bad. Gives me more time to make sure I'm not stressing myself by shelling out so much cash. Then again 6 weeks is probably enough.. and damn i love those manners stocks.

I handled several of their rifles and pistols at the SHOT Show. Their rifles are top notch and nothing less and they guarantee them to be that way. To say,

"Just another company that wants to become part of a tactical rifle mfg. At the end of the day as Clint Fowler told me a long time ago, "there is only one way to screw on a barrel"

shows that someone needs to do some research.

Check their websight out www.nighthawkcustom.com
Their customer service is excellent also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As well Jeff Badley shoots them and he is a very good shot and the rifle worked very well for him.</div></div>

All I can say is that Jeff was beating me before he shot Nighthawk and he's still beating me!

Many of the Nighthawk folks started down the road at Wilson making custom 1911 and their top guys are masters of their craft. I doesn't surprise me that they've made a move over to long guns as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many of the Nighthawk folks started down the road at Wilson making custom 1911 and their top guys are masters of their craft. I doesn't surprise me that they've made a move over to long guns as well. </div></div>Here is some NHCs and a Wilson

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa206/DocJN/1911-8-2-1.jpg?t=1267814071