• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

Nice! Be sure to post up what you think. I know you have a lot of high-end scopes, so I hope you find them to be solid. If people who have top-tier glass think they're pretty nice, then those of us who can't afford the highest tier should be more than impressed. I hope...

I hope mine ships Monday and arrives this week. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I sent an email about my order, they said they only received 30 scopes yesterday in the first batch, and that there were alot of orders placed on the first day of release the 20th. Said my order should be going out soon and that they were getting them in small batches, so since they are only receiving small batches, who knows how long it could take, so for the fellas that ordered days later, don't get your hopes up for receiving your optics for a good while. Maybe they will start getting in larger batches next week or so, who knows.. They also said they were being shipped by the order date as well.

Any shipping date updates from anyone? Anybody know what purchase date they're on yet?
I need you to get yours so you can give me honest opinion against the strike eagle. Not necessarily turret feel because they’re different designs, but glass clarity. I’m trying to find out if I should sell the strike eagle and buy one. Or keep it and buy one anyway. 😅

I need you to get yours so you can give me honest opinion against the strike eagle. Not necessarily turret feel because they’re different designs, but glass clarity. I’m trying to find out if I should sell the strike eagle and buy one. Or keep it and buy one anyway. 😅
🤣 As soon as it comes in, and I can get it mounted and taken to the range for zero... Then you'll have your review. 👍🏼

Went to the range today, but conditions were absolute shit. Clear, but overcast until I got there, then the bottom fell out like a monsoon... Had to tote my guns and shit to the long range in the downpour. It sucked. So my mood was shot after that... So I didn't shoot much. It was so damn dark from 2:30-5 and pouring rain, humidity was so high you could see your breath, as if it was cold (it was 70º outside)... No scope would have looked worth a shit at 200 yards in those conditions. It was terrible. It's poured like that the last 2 Sundays, when I was going to go to the range. Last week I said hell no, but this week I was ready to go.

🤣 As soon as it comes in, and I can get it mounted and taken to the range for zero... Then you'll have your review. 👍🏼

Went to the range today, but conditions were absolute shit. Clear, but overcast until I got there, then the bottom fell out like a monsoon... Had to tote my guns and shit to the long range in the downpour. It sucked. So my mood was shot after that... So I didn't shoot much. It was so damn dark from 2:30-5 and pouring rain, humidity was so high you could see your breath, as if it was cold (it was 70º outside)... No scope would have looked worth a shit at 200 yards in those conditions. It was terrible. It's poured like that the last 2 Sundays, when I was going to go to the range. Last week I said hell no, but this week I was ready to go.
I need to get out and zero some scopes.
I have four new scopes that need done.

Reactions: LonewolfMcQuade
I need to get out and zero some scopes.
I have four new scopes that need done.
That was my main goal, but it was so rainy and wet, I didn't even walk out there to put up a few shoot-n-see's at the 100 for zero'ing. So instead I just shot a bunch of rounds "battle-zero" at 100 yards where they were hitting 5" plates @ 100 enough to be lethal if I needed them, but not 100% zero'd. Hopefully next week things will be clear, so I can actually zero them.

So did the scope fill with water?

^^^these are the conditions I like to see how my scopes perform it.
Admittedly, I’m under cover while glassing/shooting.
It performed fine, but nothing would have looked stellar in those conditions. I’m also enclosed in a big shooting booth/house area while shooting, so luckily we can still shoot on rainy days, just walking out to hang targets is pretty much out of the question, since you have to trudge through 100 yards of mud, there and back.

Mine is being delivered today, unfortunately I'm out of state so won't be able to get hands on for a while. Kind of funny I made the first cut but won't even be able to try it out 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-113457_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-113457_Chrome.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 33
Mine is being delivered today, unfortunately I'm out of state so won't be able to get hands on for a while. Kind of funny I made the first cut but won't even be able to try it out 🤣
Maybe. Mine said today also but when looking at the update it is en route from MD to VA as of 6:02PM.
I’ve gotten these updates, just like the one saying today “by 9pm” for 3 days in a row, each day just changing the day. Finally shows up. I bought the “Plus” tracking and now I have more details…at least I might 🤣
It is the government.

Maybe. Mine said today also but when looking at the update it is en route from MD to VA as of 6:02PM.
I’ve gotten these updates, just like the one saying today “by 9pm” for 3 days in a row, each day just changing the day. Finally shows up. I bought the “Plus” tracking and now I have more details…at least I might 🤣
It is the government.
Just received my order has shipped email today with tracking..

Reactions: FuhQ
Just getting them mounted. All the specs measure the same as SH4 G2 except the objective obviously. It’s 2.5990 w/ Mitutoyo
I’ll take em out tomorrow.
The biggest difference you’ll notice is more tactile turret feel and the sound is higher pitch and quite a bit louder. Very nice improvement. I can’t upload a video here.

...FYI, another EP5 thread running, has thru the lens pics... https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/arken-ep5-is-here-pics.7106579/
Looks REALLY clear... I'm super excited. I hope mine ships soon!

I do wish they they would offer the ED glass in the SH4 Gen2 with the 50mm objective. I'd even pay a $50 upcharge to $499 MSRP. I know everyone is shifting to 56's these days as the new hotness in the optics world (old recycled trend from 20 years ago), but for AR's and other chassis style rifles with full top rails, shrouds, and handguards, the 50mm objective really is the best option, and still allows full light transmission and brightness and FOV with high-quality glass and lenses.

I also still want to see an "EPVO" 😂 (LPVO) 1-10x30 with the 34mm tube, 10 MIL turrets, ZS, Illum. reticle, and the ED glass. But I'd like to see locking turrets that pop up like the Strike Eagle, that way on an AR, or in a critical situation, they don't get bumped around and moved. I'd pay $499 for that.

How's the illumination on your EP5?
Initially I responded that it was “Same it seems”.
I take that back. Just put the EP5 side by side w/ SH4 G2 and EP5 is much brighter. I rarely use illumination so remembered the SH4 being brighter than it is. I just put the battery in the SH4 a couple weeks ago and I’ve had it since the sale started 🤣
I’m using a Energizer lithium in the SH4 and just the cheapo that came with the scope in the EP5 for now.

Last edited:

I do wish they they would offer the ED glass in the SH4 Gen2 with the 50mm objective. I'd even pay a $50 upcharge to $499 MSRP. I know everyone is shifting to 56's these days as the new hotness in the optics world (old recycled trend from 20 years ago), but for AR's and other chassis style rifles with full top rails, shrouds, and handguards, the 50mm objective really is the best option, and still allows full light transmission and brightness and FOV with high-quality glass and lenses.

I also still want to see an "EPVO" 😂 (LPVO) 1-10x30 with the 34mm tube, 10 MIL turrets, ZS, Illum. reticle, and the ED glass. But I'd like to see locking turrets that pop up like the Strike Eagle, that way on an AR, or in a critical situation, they don't get bumped around and moved. I'd pay $499 for that.
Do you run low rings on your AR’s ?
1.26” Seekins leaves plenty on room for a cap.

I used the Arken 1 piece mount on 2 of my rifles. Height is perfect on the RPR. Debating wether to get the lower 1.25" rings or a Magpul PRS 3 stock for the AR10. I'd like a little better cheek weld. I'm not sure I want to add ANOTHER 2+lb to that already heavy pig lol.

Do you run low rings on your AR’s ?
1.26” Seekins leaves plenty on room for a cap.
I don't run rings on my AR's... I run 1-piece mounts. But, on a rifle like the Sig Cross, or Ruger Precision Rifle, or something like that (bolt-action) with a chassis on it, I'd be running Seekins rings, and not a 1-piece AR mount.

I don't run rings on my AR's... I run 1-piece mounts. But, on a rifle like the Sig Cross, or Ruger Precision Rifle, or something like that (bolt-action) with a chassis on it, I'd be running Seekins rings, and not a 1-piece AR mount.
Same I just mean the height which seems to be what you were referring to. Anyway, 1.26” height works fine on AR

For stability?
Yes, because I can span them out to the ends of the tube, as far apart as possible, which helps to alleviate wiggle under recoil, and it also strengthens the scope spreading weight and pressure to the weakest points on the tube. The closer your mount your rings to the turrets, the more your eye and objective bell will wiggle under recoil. It's not noticeable to the naked eye, it has to be seen with slow-motion, but it happens, and the farther apart you mount your rings, the more rigid your scope tube will be, and the stronger that mounting will be, because it makes the tube and scope itself significantly more rigid. That's one reason I'm not a big fan on most AR mounts, becsaue they are too close together towards the turrets, and not spread far enough apart on the tube, IMO.

couldn't agree more, 56 is too much and creates issues