• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Built the 6.5 guys barricade....

Grog11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Anthem, Arizona
I took a weekend and built this with my dad. It was a little harder than planned as they post some incorrect measurements on their instructions, but not too bad. I still have to paint it and i’ll Install cabinet magnets to hold the tops of the inserts in. Made some small improvements as well like routering slots in the cross-members for the inserts and locking latches on the front to hold the sides open 0BFF8DD7-0087-429A-AF6F-02B2C2649240.jpeg0BFF8DD7-0087-429A-AF6F-02B2C2649240.jpeg752FEC3C-360F-47BD-BBC3-3D8D6A9F3CC6.jpegD935131E-4054-4F34-95CE-B53F80E0D429.jpeg9551E480-E85C-450D-8DA7-78AE936E0727.jpeg0BFF8DD7-0087-429A-AF6F-02B2C2649240.jpeg

Yup, the perpendicular side supports come off and the body folds flat along the piano hinge so it can be thrown in a truck or against the wall of the garage. It’s not as sturdy as 2x4’s (2x2’s), but it’s pretty light.

As it would be, I completely forgot to record the correct measurements. The ones I’m referring to are the ones for the support wings. I cut everything and then realized the error, so I modified from there (I did not cut new boards), so they are out of spec (read: rigged). I’ll try to sit down this next week when I have time and calculate out what they should be.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Both those fellows (the 6.5 guys) often shoot at the PRS style monthly matches at my gun club. They really are good guys, willing to help out new guys who come out to the matches, and that helps keep new shooters coming back. They help grow the sport.

Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club near Eatonville, WA. First Saturday of each month. The club has an online schedule, but the matches have always been on the first Saturday of the month. Entry fee was $20 for most matches, if it is a PRS points match, it may be $5-10 more entry fee. I haven't been keeping track of when the points matches at the club are though. IIRC, there is a facebook page for northwest precision shooters that has all that information on it. The people who shoot at UNSC are a pretty laid back crowd. Most people use the club matches as practice sessions to work on techniques, try out new gear, and just have fun. They usually have 6 stages, some times they run 8 stages.

Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club near Eatonville, WA. First Saturday of each month. The club has an online schedule, but the matches have always been on the first Saturday of the month. Entry fee was $20 for most matches, if it is a PRS points match, it may be $5-10 more entry fee. I haven't been keeping track of when the points matches at the club are though. IIRC, there is a facebook page for northwest precision shooters that has all that information on it. The people who shoot at UNSC are a pretty laid back crowd. Most people use the club matches as practice sessions to work on techniques, try out new gear, and just have fun. They usually have 6 stages, some times they run 8 stages.

Thanks recently moved to Portland so looking for places to shoot

If you are in the Portland area, try Try-County gun club in Sherwood, OR>. They have a long waiting list for membership, but non-members can shoot at their matches. They have precision rifle, bench rest, 600 yard shoots, practical rifle, IDPA, IPSC, Cowboy action and all sorts of other stuff. You have to take classes for some of the matches such as practical rifle, but it is a one time class on a Friday Afternoon, then you can shoot in their rifle matches. Other disciplines might have similar certifications, but it I worth checking out.

Douglas Ridge rifle club between Estacada and Eagle Creek has a 1000 yard range and non members can shoot matches there too. I don't think Douglas Ridge has quite the waiting list that Tri-county does, but it is a much smaller club.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
This is great, I picked up a bunch of lumber last week to build one of these but hadn't started it yet.

I like the routed cross members for the inserts.... are you doing anything else to keep them in place? I really wasn't crazy about buying a shit ton of the barrel bolts to keep those in place.

Also, is it rigid/tough enough to use in a informal match setting? I was building it to use in a local NRL 22 match.