Sidearms & Scatterguns DA/SA CCW Options?

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Been debating a new CCW lately since the P938 is on its 5th? 6th? year with me now and a good amount of rounds.

Since buying my P07 about 3 years ago I've started loving the DA/SA with decocker and think itd make a great CCW configuration. Having a hard time finding a sub compact DA/SA though, CZs all seem about the size of the P07 . The CZ Rami looks to be the closest option but was hoping for it being slightly bigger but not G19/P07 size.

What reliable options with decent DA/SA/Decocker configurations do you guys know of? Hoping for 9mm but open to 380 if it fits the bill all other places.

The Rami is too large When you can jump up to a P01 for just a little bit larger.

I carry a P01 that’s cajuned out it I enjoy it. I have moved to almost all OWB though.

shield for gym shorts or real hot weather.
    P01 for denim or heavier shorts/jeans when a little larger or button up shirt is worn.
    full size M&P, CZ shadow, 1911 when it’s winter and I wear layers.

Last edited:
    Take a look at the H&K P30SK

Fairly compact, SA/DA with safety and decock.

That being said, take a look at the Sig P365 with the manual safety if you really need a subcompact.
    True it's a striker fire, but it's got a manual safety and it is incredibly slim for what it packs.

The CZ P-01 hides extremely easily, has 14 and 15 round MecGar magazines available all over the place, has very good holster support, and can be milled for an RMR.

I have a sig 2022. I’m a bigger guy, so hiding it is not too big of a problem for me. It’s a great gun that most have never heard of and I bought mine new for $450. Shoots and feels as good as the $1200 sigs.

Going to look into the H&K P30sk and the Sig P239.

How is the CZ P01 compared to a P07 size wise? I have the P07 and in my head its a bit larger than I'd have liked but maybe I'll just pick up a holster and try it.

Going to look into the H&K P30sk and the Sig P239.

How is the CZ P01 compared to a P07 size wise? I have the P07 and in my head its a bit larger than I'd have liked but maybe I'll just pick up a holster and try it.

I have the CZ 75 P01 Omega version and it's smaller than a normal 75 but a fair bit bigger than the HK P30SK
    The one I have is DA/SA with the lever set to be decocker. (Can be changed to safety).

Just waiting for a trip to Cajun Gun Works.

My list based on factory specs shows:

H&K P30SK at 6.42" long, 1.37" wide and 4.57" high at about 24 ounces
    CZ 75 P-01 Urban Omega as 8" long 1.38" wide and 5.7" high and 29 ounces

However with the CZ one you are getting an almost full sized pistol with a 4.4" threaded barrel and a full sized grip
    The P30SK has a 3.27" barrel and has the grip where your pinky falls off unless you use the magazine grip extensions.

IF you can conceal the CZ option and IF you send it to Cajun Gun Works, I would prefer it any day over carrying the P30SK

However due to my carry style I have to go with the P365 from SIG (but at least I got a manual safety).

The P-07 is ever so slightly wider and taller. Not by much and the differences are so small so as to be unnoticeable in use. The P-07 seems bulkier because its slide is more rectangular in cross section.

I carry a P-01 every day, I used to carry a P-07 every day till I foolishly traded it. I've also carry a P-09 on occasion and have no trouble concealing it (and it's a big gun) under a loose fitting untucked shirt or a fleece vest.

So my opinions are based on actual use, not on comparing dimensions from a website or from internet pictures.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
    The P-07 is ever so slightly wider and taller. Not by much and the differences are so small so as to be unnoticeable in use. The P-07 seems bulkier because its slide is more rectangular in cross section.

I carry a P-01 every day, I used to carry a P-07 every day till I foolishly traded it. I've also carry a P-09 on occasion and have no trouble concealing it (and it's a big gun) under a loose fitting untucked shirt or a fleece vest.

So my opinions are based on actual use, not on comparing dimensions from a website or from internet pictures.

What holster do you use for your P-01?

I'm thinking of getting one for the one I have for the times I can carry something more bulky with winter / formal clothes.

Thank you, this is the information I wanted. Sometimes that .25" difference in specs carries a lot different than youd have expected.

What holster do you use for your P-01?

I'm thinking of getting one for the one I have for the times I can carry something more bulky with winter / formal clothes.

IWB: https://www.ttgunleather.com/product-page/reinforced-convertible-pancake-owb-iwb

OWB: https://www.winthropholsters.com/pancake-outside-the-waistband-holsters/

I'm probably going to replace the Winthrop OWB with a KT Mech Gunfighter, which I use for the P-09 and P-10F and conceals extremely well: https://www.kt-mech.com/im_menu_gf.html

Reactions: W54/XM-388