• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ELR weekend at Arena Training Facility - Sept 21-22 **OFFICIAL**

@Pete Cefalu yeah just used google maps and that back back berm is 1.32 miles /23xxyards . I thought a few years ago the right corner had one farther but its not evident to me on map

Look on the 'whats's ELR stuff' I get it, even lights are now going way father and hanging with heavies, which continue to get more efficiency as well. Light classes with matches at ~2000 seem to have pretty good draw with around 30 shooters, especially now that the 300 PRC is rather standardized and available. I think pushing out the lights like this might need to have some type of entry class like ultralight with more at 1500-2000y since now the trend is to just get a 33xc or 330nmai

Also what needs to be kept in mind is place/land of oppty. Venues that can accommodate 3k+ remain a handful and are primarily the middle to west of USA.

This is a fun shoot not a match, ill shoot on my timer for cadence and look to verify/true at a few distances. In which case 2300ish beats my 6-7 fouling shots and verify at 800-1000y in a pasture in blazing sun or my local by more then double. My gun went down/changed on me two ways mechanically last match on shot 3 last go around and its nice to not have the pressure of the real clock to make sure things are ok again so i dont get coldbore impact, impact, shitshow, wtf no way again.

Just a day of spotting in mirage is valuable data wise and practice glassing which ill probably spend most of the day in between my 30 shots or pushing 223 at the half field mark for wind practice.

Reactions: lash and bf2junky
Most elr matches now days are 3200 plus some as far as 4300 plus.
My apologies. I thought these distances were considered ULR(Ultra Long Range) and are Heavy class only.
I'm somewhat new to this and follow PractiScore and was under the impression some of these large events were considered ELR Matches.
Maybe you can post a list of all these matches that start at a minimum 3200 yards(CB ?)
Thank you for sorting this out for me.

@Pete Cefalu yeah just used google maps and that back back berm is 1.32 miles /23xxyards . I thought a few years ago the right corner had one farther but its not evident to me on map

Look on the 'whats's ELR stuff' I get it, even lights are now going way father and hanging with heavies, which continue to get more efficiency as well. Light classes with matches at ~2000 seem to have pretty good draw with around 30 shooters, especially now that the 300 PRC is rather standardized and available. I think pushing out the lights like this might need to have some type of entry class like ultralight with more at 1500-2000y since now the trend is to just get a 33xc or 330nmai

Also what needs to be kept in mind is place/land of oppty. Venues that can accommodate 3k+ remain a handful and are primarily the middle to west of USA.

This is a fun shoot not a match, ill shoot on my timer for cadence and look to verify/true at a few distances. In which case 2300ish beats my 6-7 fouling shots and verify at 800-1000y in a pasture in blazing sun or my local by more then double. My gun went down/changed on me two ways mechanically last match on shot 3 last go around and its nice to not have the pressure of the real clock to make sure things are ok again so i dont get coldbore impact, impact, shitshow, wtf no way again.

Just a day of spotting in mirage is valuable data wise and practice glassing which ill probably spend most of the day in between my 30 shots or pushing 223 at the half field mark for wind practice.
Looking forward to making your acquaintance. You appear very sensible and reasonable.

Lots of elr competitors won't even consider traveling to a match unless it's at least 3000 yards the matches that are under that have been having difficulty filling spots.
Look, we get it that this is not your thing and is beneath you. But your tone is the most condescending thing to read. Maybe you started at 1000 yards some years ago and suddenly were shooting 3000+ yards with nothing in between, but I doubt it. Please go troll another thread. This isn’t about you.

I think that there’s room in the market for a few choice matches of this nature, especially in the northeast and southeast.

I thought it was the Red Bull Challenge Freestyle event?
We could come up with a little competition for Sunday for those interested.

Last year we did a $10 buy in and took 5 shots on the 1225yd plate and whoever hit the most won. This was 6.5CM vs .308 but doesn't have to be. There was a tie and the top 2 shot until someone missed to determine the winner. I'd be interested in pushing this out to the 1955 target if that silhouette is still in place on the range.

I think Colesman's creek has an 'ultralight' distance event. Rules technically let me bring something stupid but I think the punishment is you have to carry it or move. EDIT i also think the timed COF they have makes for a pretty warm heavy if someone tried to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cuirc
because you get to walk around with it and maybe not bring that 49.9998lb 460 single feed?
I guess I am a little confused myself. I thought anything over 1000 yards was ELR which doesn't then, have a "limitation," to greater than 3000 yards (or what ever). I would question the size of our population is it big enough a population of shooters for a "nitch" at greater than 3000 yards. I know I wont be buying a 36 pound 375 Centac (spelling) or a 50 pound 416 or for that matter a 50 BMG it is for me, too much gun. I don't have a portable crane to set it in place. If the trend continues we will be at 105 mm and then 155mm competing with the military for ammo. My 338 Lapua is big enough although if there was a light 375 with enough recoil control I would consider that upgrade. I read some where that the unofficial record for a long distance shot was 7500 yards. Does anyone know what the recognized record is?
Probably the biggest limitation on where this sport goes is where you can find a big enough plot of land to shoot without becoming unpopular real quick.

Reactions: Schütze and lash
I guess I am a little confused myself. I thought anything over 1000 yards was ELR which doesn't then, have a "limitation," to greater than 3000 yards (or what ever). I would question the size of our population is it big enough a population of shooters for a "nitch" at greater than 3000 yards. I know I wont be buying a 36 pound 375 Centac (spelling) or a 50 pound 416 or for that matter a 50 BMG it is for me, too much gun. I don't have a portable crane to set it in place. If the trend continues we will be at 105 mm and then 155mm competing with the military for ammo. My 338 Lapua is big enough although if there was a light 375 with enough recoil control I would consider that upgrade. I read some where that the unofficial record for a long distance shot was 7500 yards. Does anyone know what the recognized record is?
Probably the biggest limitation on where this sport goes is where you can find a big enough plot of land to shoot without becoming unpopular real quick.
P. S. the last nightforce had at least 340 shooters not bad for a "nitch" sport

Look, we get it that this is not your thing and is beneath you. But your tone is the most condescending thing to read. Maybe you started at 1000 yards some years ago and suddenly were shooting 3000+ yards with nothing in between, but I doubt it. Please go troll another thread. This isn’t about you.

I think that there’s room in the market for a few choice matches of this nature, especially in the northeast and southeast.
I was not tring to be a ass . Sorry for my confusion I thought it was a match. It's not beneath be to go to a match the only goes to 2300 yard I would just bring a sub caliber rifle to make it more challenging . if I was intrested in attending. Hope you guys have fun after all that's what it's about.

Reactions: lash
I was not tring to be a ass . Sorry for my confusion I thought it was a match. It's not beneath be to go to a match the only goes to 2300 yard I would just bring a sub caliber rifle to make it more challenging . if I was intrested in attending. Hope you guys have fun after all that's what it's about.
Could you give us a list of all the ranges in America that go beyond 2300 yards? I'm interested in this style of the ELR sport. thnx

Good morning all, looking for 2 shooters that want to attend the event as a couple had some life issues come up.

I have also emailed out to a few who were interested and were on the wait list. First come first serve!

Anyone have any flash bang light up hit indicator lights? I have two of the caldwell ones but the more the better for that instant gratification out at distance!
I have some of the Hornady HIT lights I can bring, but you’ll need a way to attach them to the targets. They are very…sensitive.

Let me know if you want me to bring them. I have five.

I would just bring what you can. I have 2 of the Caldwell ones that attach with adhesive velcro to the back of the steel. I was going to bring some gorilla tape and maybe some other type of fast drying adhesive to secure them better.

I would just bring what you can. I have 2 of the Caldwell ones that attach with adhesive velcro to the back of the steel. I was going to bring some gorilla tape and maybe some other type of fast drying adhesive to secure them better.
There was some leftover fuzzy side of Velcro on rear plates last time. A little emery cloth and a shot of Kilz on friday nite should do the trick. That's if Eddie lets us go out friday evening like last year. its difficult to do early morning when plates are wet(here in FL anyway)

The Mile and beyond were not straps. Plates are huge. the 1955(est) was an IPSC if I remember correctly (challenging too)

The 2308 plate is about .7 mil and mounted solid but has a flasher.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpeg
    IMG_1563.jpeg
    548.9 KB · Views: 22
There was some leftover fuzzy side of Velcro on rear plates last time. A little emery cloth and a shot of Kilz on friday nite should do the trick. That's if Eddie lets us go out friday evening like last year. its difficult to do early morning when plates are wet(here in FL anyway)

I didn't reserve the range for Friday. I will get with Eddie to see if there is anything going on Friday to see if we can at least go out there and do some prep.

Everyone attending, please make sure you have filled out the waiver to shoot: https://app.waiverelectronic.com/render/templateByRefId/5ae3fd354305860191787d70

I will arrive at the range around 3:30-4pm on Friday afternoon to make sure all targets have fresh paint and install hit indicators. I plan to put my 2 indicators on the 1955 silhouette and there is another silhouette just behind 2100yds on the tree line. I think Arena has some as well we can use.

I'd like to have everyone on the range by 7:30-7:45am on Saturday morning for a quick safety briefing. Then get started shooting around 8am.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Everyone attending, please make sure you have filled out the waiver to shoot: https://app.waiverelectronic.com/render/templateByRefId/5ae3fd354305860191787d70

I will arrive at the range around 3:30-4pm on Friday afternoon to make sure all targets have fresh paint and install hit indicators. I plan to put my 2 indicators on the 1955 silhouette and there is another silhouette just behind 2100yds on the tree line. I think Arena has some as well we can use.

I'd like to have everyone on the range by 7:30-7:45am on Saturday morning for a quick safety briefing. Then get started shooting around 8am.
Let me know if you have any questions.
If we filled out this form last year, must we fill one out again this year?

Almost here! Make sure you do your waivers! If you even did a waiver within the last year please do another. I was there this past weekend and apparently they want a waiver for each visit.

Everyone got their rigs ready to go and their loads worked out?

Reactions: Pete Cefalu