• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Food riots thread…and energy.

Limited global LNG supplies could be "really, really tight this winter, Cheniere Energy's executive vice president for worldwide trading told Reuters on Thursday.

Cheniere, the largest LNG exporter in the United States, believes that current prices indicate that LNG will continue to make its way to Europe, which has purchased 70% of Cheniere's total production so far this year—and none too cheaply.

"At the current pricing, the market says that this should continue to go to Europe," Corey Grindal said in an interview at the Gastech conference on Thursday.

Reactions: Hayden#69

Full refunds
Interesting the concessions people will make when the thought of being cold and hungry enters their mind.... They never think this is just one more "Government Created" fiasco.
1662820883604.jpeg

A broader, more direct view of what’s happening in Europe and worldwide.

Here’s another.

Peterson usually has pretty accurate assertions. He saw the entire Marxist movement in Canada coming years ago, and tried to warn everyone. So yeah.....shit is gonna be fucked up!

I think either Ukraine is going to be completely unsustainable, or we are gonna be seeing a massive land war in Europe where energy and food are on the line. The best thing that could come out of this is that countries wise up and drop out of the Globalist control and get their nationalism back.

Last edited:
Peterson usually has pretty accurate assertions. He saw the entire Marxist movement in Canada coming years ago, and tried to warn everyone. So yeah.....shit is gonna be fucked up!

I think either Ukraine is going to be completely unsustainable, or we are gonna be seeing a massive land war in Europe where energy and food are on the line. The best thing that could come out of this is that countries wise up and drop out of the Glibalist control and get their nationalism back.
I think what we are witnessing is a land war focused on the restriction of necessary goods that is not being recognized by many. The reason it has not been recognized is because it has been forgotten that war can be both kinetic and economic; while everyone has and is focusing on the battle in Ukraine they have not until fairly recently been exposed to the economic nature of what is unfolding. As a result they are not able to identify that we/they are already victims of the economic side of what has become a worldwide conflict. This will become obvious to the EU as winter comes on and the entire world as food and energy are greatly reduced in the upcoming year.

Sun Tzu was correct, and only a few are paying enough attention to see what is going on. If the citizenry realized that they actually are on the front lines of this economic war they would have a different perspective, regardless of which side they desire to win. We are all going to suffer this time around, it won’t be only the service members and their families.

I think what we are witnessing is a land war focused on the restriction of necessary goods that is not being recognized by many. The reason it has not been recognized is because it has been forgotten that war can be both kinetic and economic; while everyone has and is focusing on the battle in Ukraine they have not until fairly recently been exposed to the economic nature of what is unfolding. As a result they are not able to identify that we/they are already victims of the economic side of what has become a worldwide conflict. This will become obvious to the EU as winter comes on and the entire world as food and energy are greatly reduced in the upcoming year.

Sun Tzu was correct, and only a few are paying enough attention to see what is going on. If the citizenry realized that they actually are on the front lines of this economic war they would have a different perspective, regardless of which side they desire to win. We are all going to suffer this time around, it won’t be only the service members and their families.

In Both WWI and WWII Germans and Eastern Europe starved due to rationing, blockade, and destruction of farming. In 1942 and 1943 the UK came close to starving - if we had not won the War in the Atlantic, they would have.

The German Army in both wars had to stop fighting many times on offensives to let the troops eat when they overran Uk or US positions. And they had the best supply.

So this is nothing new. At least this time the Russians are not sinking merchant shipping.

Maintenance of the machines that allow goods to flow is the key thing. The Russians are on the losing end of this deal as the spare parts and the means to make those parts come from the West. This capability allows the West to add new supply chains and expand existing ones - as the EU and the UK has done with natural gas imports.

Some more info on adjustments being made by free market, EU governments, and ordinary people.

Lots of hopeful expectations in that article. Also hand waves past massive debt EU is printing to cover costs.

Lots of hopeful expectations in that article. Also hand waves past massive debt EU is printing to cover costs.

No. Actual events. Read the article.

If you count billion dollar floating LNG ports. They are called FSRUs.

I know the guy who builds the ones on shore. One of my brothers helped build Cameron LNG export facility in LA.

"On the supply side, Europe is also witnessing a radical transformation. Across the continent, there are now more gas flows being pumped from west to east than east to west. This means Europe has decisively turned to global supplies of liquefied natural gas with imports of LNG now at record levels. Europe has received 1026 LNG shipments so far this year, of which nearly half were sourced in the US. To compare, annual European LNG shipments in 2021 amounted to 1135 with just 197 coming from the US, according to ICIS data.

These volumes are set to soar further in the final months of the year as more countries expand their LNG import infrastructure. Two floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs) have already docked in the Netherlands and are preparing to receive their first US-sourced LNG deliveries. The new facilities will supply not only local companies but also consumers as far afield as the landlocked Czech Republic."

They make these FSRUs in a factory and then barge them where they are needed.

Note that Its only September and LNG shipments are at 1026 vs 1133 for all of last year.

Here is more about LA LNG exports.

Russia is stupid. The Free Market and the West adjusts. East minus West = Zero. Always has.

Key thing:

"In 2021, top LNG exporters were Australia at 78.5 MTPA, Qatar at 77.0 MTPA, the United States at 67.0 MTPA and Russia at 29.7 MTPA, according to the International Gas Union (IGU), an industry group.

The United States, with vast reserves of shale gas, is on track to produce a record 85 MTPA of LNG this year, according to U.S. government projections.

About 68% of U.S LNG exports went to Europe during the first half of 2022 versus just 35% in all of 2021, according to data provider Refinitiv. read more"

So basically the US will make up most of Russia's shortfall. And we are just now getting going.

The United States, with vast reserves of shale gas, is on track to produce a record 85 MTPA of LNG this year, according to U.S. government projections.
These volumes are set to soar further in the final months of the year as more countries expand their LNG import infrastructure. Two floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs) have already docked in the Netherlands and are preparing to receive their first US-sourced LNG deliveries. The new facilities will supply not only local companies but also consumers as far afield as the landlocked Czech Republic."

This is the expectation part I'm referencing. If all the energy they needed was in EU storage right now, everything would be golden. Seeing how we are in unusual times, I'm not yet convinced everything will go as expected. We have seen surprising things happen one after the other that break the "normal" course of world events.

This is the expectation part I'm referencing. If all the energy they needed was in EU storage right now, everything would be golden. Seeing how we are in unusual times, I'm not yet convinced everything will go as expected. We have seen surprising things happen one after the other that break the "normal" course of world events.
Intuitive observation on the "course of events".... Between hedging and propaganda no one knows what will come next. Time to back down and look at things locally to your surroundings. #1 is Mother Nature (winter, drought, floods, etc). When you have hedged you and your family against the natural disasters, everything else can be taken in stride. #2 is the people of your community.
Tribal

I think this got posted once before from another site

This and Russia has exported more to the Chinese market, so is it really hurting them the way the article makes out to be?

Reactions: lariat
A strange thing I noticed the other day about container ships. I have been working on the water all my life and there are never more than 1 or 2 in the offshore anchorage waiting to off load. The other day I counted 12 in the anchorage off Galveston and several inbound and outbound to Houston. This just seemed abynormal to me.

A broader, more direct view of what’s happening in Europe and worldwide.

He mentioned that "they will eat every animal in Sri Lanka". I dread when that will happen here, like China and N. Korea. Keep an eye on your pets folks. No meat in the markets, people will be going to the animal shelters to pick up dinner, not a companion. This is not a society I want to be part of.

Last edited:
EU is shutting down their massive industrial factories that consume gas... so, for now, they have a surplus.
They are importing massively from new sources, but when demand increases in the winter, will that surplus still be available?
Russia is selling to China and other downstream consumers.
How the fuck does this equate to "Russia is losing"?

EU is shutting down their massive industrial factories that consume gas... so, for now, they have a surplus.
They are importing massively from new sources, but when demand increases in the winter, will that surplus still be available?

( insert internet sarcasm here )---> Open your eye's . it's ALL In the Big picture . With the help of secret backroom meetings with Trump . Putin's now been taught to playing '3D Chess' to bring about the downfall of OWG global control threw Green Energy, by bringing EU to it's knees with a future winters energy supply crisis .

• Haha
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I think this got posted once before from another site

Follow the Money-$ , futures commodity buy and sell .
Beyond actual unpredictable weather and climate on this world . There is very little today that is not guided under influence .

https://markets.businessinsider.com/commodities/rice-price?op=1

-

Last edited:
Well I’ll take an uneducated stab at this.

Selling to china does not equate to making a profit. Add to that if they are taking the natural gas and oil they were selling to Europe they now have to move it across 1/3 of the world. Russia is a big country and I’m sure that isn’t cheap.

I’ll take another guess that they don’t have the infrastructure in pipelines to move that kind of capacity. That means they will be using rail as I doubt they have the shipping either.

Just a thought.

What I am seeing is that raw goods coming from the EU, Ukraine and Russia has become a trickle or ceased altogether. While its a bad deal for us in terms of increased costs and decreased supply it is catastrophic for the EU. Job losses, GDP decreases that will be absolutely staggering and a welfare state that will come about out of necessity. I expect that it will be a winter of discontent in Europe as a whole. What has been set up is either intentional or shockingly stupid. Probably both. There really isn't anything to fix this if the leadership holds the line on no fossil fuel usage.

Selling to china does not equate to making a profit. Add to that if they are taking the natural gas and oil they were selling to Europe they now have to move it across 1/3 of the world. Russia is a big country and I’m sure that isn’t cheap.

I’ll take another guess that they don’t have the infrastructure in pipelines to move that kind of capacity. That means they will be using rail as I doubt they have the shipping either.

Just a thought.

Note the trade routes in this one relative to the fuel depots/production. Both land and maritime. They have one of the longest shared borders on earth.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

Just a thought.
They are working out the details.

Russia has been laying pipelines to China for several years (April 2 2018)
The bright afternoon January sun offers little respite from the minus 40C temperature for the pipeline construction workers crunching through the snow in Russia’s Far East region.

In the sprawling pine forests of the country’s eastern wilderness, the cold air burns cheeks and catches in throats, as the thick, grey exhaust fumes from the colossal earthmoving diggers hang like clumps of candyfloss.

The four-dozen engineers near the town of Neryungri are part of an 8,500 crew working all-year round to build Gazprom’s Power of Siberia, a 3,000km pipeline that runs from the gasfields of eastern Siberia to the Chinese border in the south-east.

The pipeline is Russia’s most ambitious, costly and geopolitically critical energy project since the fall of the Soviet Union, and represents a $55bn bet on uncharted territory by the world’s biggest gas company.
gazprom-pipelines_large--f78230d231f72b969f3b887fd19943e4.png

Last edited:
He who controls the spice controls the universe. And Russia is energy rich, much more so then China.
China can simply make more nuke reactors and they too are rich in coal. ( They are building and mining like mad)

China did just fine without that Russian gas. China stops buying it and ALL the pressure falls on India.

Russia (Putin) goes belly up in 3 months after that.

With that said, I don’t see that ever happening.

Btw what Russia does have that china needs is food.

Reactions: Sako man
In other news closer to home….

https://www.eenews.net/articles/transformer-shortage-hits-utilities-in-storm-season/

So evidently there are only 2 factories in the US that make “grain oriented steel” a key component in transformers.

“ Big River Steel, a U.S. Steel Corp. subsidiary, is building a new plant to produce electrical steel in Arkansas, with a scheduled opening in 2024, but the product will be directed at electric vehicle production, not transformers”

There that “green movement “ helping again.

Oil prices finish lower​

in other news, I love how the media is pushing how gas is cheaper now then a year ago.......LOL What was it under Trump .. 2.00 a Gallon+
edit -
If you read the comments on the article, prepare for the trolls pushing the talking point agenda

A quick post this morning.

I don’t have a way to direct link so if someone else could I thank you.

Podcast: The President’s daily briefing.

Episode sept 12-14 about dirty green energy.

There are sone interest facts in there. It also explains China’s involvement in Africa.

Reactions: eca7891
There are sone interest facts in there. It also explains China’s involvement in Africa.

China has in fact taken over much of Africa. They give huge out huge "loan" that are un-repayable that go into the hands of their corrupt politicians. Then China basically owns/takes over things put up for collateral that those politicians had no right to put on the table (i.e. ports).

May seem stupid to think about given all the problems we face, but I think lions were one of God's most beautiful creatures created. They are very close to the endangered list, going from 100K in 1900's to under 20K now. And the lion bone trade will decimate the rest.

Last edited: