• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Suppressors Form 4 wait time

I just bought one from Charlie's, waiting for it to ship. I'm curious how quick this eform 4 is gonna be.

A buddy of mine just had one clear in 10 days, mine was 12. Hopefully it’s fast for you man. I almost ordered another this morning just for S’s & G’s but I just got three firearms and 2 cans over the last few weeks so I should chill for a minute. lol

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
A buddy of mine just had one clear in 10 days, mine was 12. Hopefully it’s fast for you man. I almost ordered another this morning just for S’s & G’s but I just got three firearms and 2 cans over the last few weeks so I should chill for a minute. lol
Yeah I'm excited. This'll me my 6.5, 7mm, and 308 suppressor.

How or where can this information be found?
I decided to start emailing [email protected] everyday until they finished my background check. I started on June 4th and the first three days of responses were:

Your ATF/NFA application is in process. When an application is completed, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will provide the final determination. Currently, there is no further status information available.

On June 7th, the response was:

Your transaction(s) has been resolved by the NICS Section. Please direct any additional questions regarding your application to ATF at 304-616-4500.

The information I provided in the emails was a brief question so they know what this is about:
“Hello, I was wondering if I could ask for a status update on my background check for an eForm 4 with the ATF?“

Then I added a brief About Me section with: name, where I live, last 4 of my SSN, and Oregon Concealed Handgun Permit number for whatever good it may do.

Then I added a section for Form 4 information which is just a copy and paste of the bottom four lines on the eForm 4: the permit control number, reference number, submission date, form ID.

I’m not sure if this had any impact on my wait or not because this was already around the 90 day mark that I started pestering the feds, and that seems to be on par with SilencerShops daily-updated median wait time for a trust which is found here:

So I was able to get some info from a source at the FBI Center in WV where the NICS checks are conducted.

I was able to speak to someone there that is fairly high up on the food chain and was told that their NICS checks literally take milliseconds to complete. That is unless of course there are exigent circumstances, for example the huge rush in 2020 when gun sales skyrocketed, etc. But they obviously can’t do a BCG that hasn’t been submitted.

It was about 10am when I inquired about my latest form 4, and I was told it was given a “PROCEED” the day before. At around noon, I had an “APPROVED” email from the NFA office.

This person also said “those fuckers at the ATF like to always try to blame us…”, which made me chuckle.

Just thought I’d share. Take from that what you will. I doubt we’ll ever know the rhyme or reason. Either way, the NFA is an infringement.

So I was able to get some info from a source at the FBI Center in WV where the NICS checks are conducted.

I was able to speak to someone there that is fairly high up on the food chain and was told that their NICS checks literally take milliseconds to complete. That is unless of course there are exigent circumstances, for example the huge rush in 2020 when gun sales skyrocketed, etc. But they obviously can’t do a BCG that hasn’t been submitted.

It was about 10am when I inquired about my latest form 4, and I was told it was given a “PROCEED” the day before. At around noon, I had an “APPROVED” email from the NFA office.

This person also said “those fuckers at the ATF like to always try to blame us…”, which made me chuckle.

Just thought I’d share. Take from that what you will. I doubt we’ll ever know the rhyme or reason. Either way, the NFA is an infringement.
Our probate judges in Georgia always used to blame the FBI and NICS when they were delaying our licenses. We kept suing them and using discovery to show it was not true. Many lawsuits and a few legislative changes and the delay all but went away. Now no license is needed to carry. Improvements, improvements, bit by bit . . .

Kind of off topic, I know, but another example of fingerpointing when we knew where the blame was.

Our probate judges in Georgia always used to blame the FBI and NICS when they were delaying our licenses. We kept suing them and using discovery to show it was not true. Many lawsuits and a few legislative changes and the delay all but went away. Now no license is needed to carry. Improvements, improvements, bit by bit . . .

Kind of off topic, I know, but another example of fingerpointing when we knew where the blame was.
Fuck the ATF (only after this next suppressor gets approved 😍)

Reactions: darkfader
2 came in today from an individual to my trust
both the old fashion way all paper, passport photos, fingerprints cards and a check(s)

Sent 11/21/2023
Received 7/3/2024
TBAC TakeDown 22 & Q Erector 22
Thats not horribly horrible. When I did 2 on my trust it was 14 months wait.

Dang, I’m kind of jealous of the folks getting theirs back in just weeks, or even days!

Up to 13 now, with two more pending, and the wait times have averaged just under a year via our trust. Fastest was ~4 months.

Last can took ~9 months. What pisses me off about that one is that it was just the first can (Hybrid 46) when I fell for SilencerCo’s BOGO ‘deal’ last year. Just checked again and the “free” Omega 300 still hasn’t been assigned; hell, maybe (likely) it hasn’t even been built by SiCo yet. BOGO can status still showing “In Process” almost a year after purchasing the 46 (just over 11 months ago), and we still have the ATF hoops to jump through yet again after SiCo does their part.

I called SiCo about a month ago, and got a big fat “We’re working on it” non-answer. I know, I know…1st world problems.

Also still have one in jail at Capitol Armory; one of the little 15th Anniversary special edition titanium Sparrow 22 cans. That will be nice on our little 10/22 take downs.

Ordered: 2 Nov 2023
Form 4 mailed: 9 Dec 2023
Check cashed: unknown - sent by Capitol Armory
Approved: Not yet! LoL

Had an individual come back in two days recently.

Single person trust, filed on 3/15, approved today, July 5. That's 112 days for a trust. My last suppressor submitted through a trust took twice as long. Imagine the rush on suppressors if trust wait times get down to just a few days.

This one will be a Radical Defense CS5. Really anxious to get my hands on this one.