Suppressors Form 4 wait time

I have called, and sent emails a couple of times, I just reached out to my congresswoman in my area. She had me fill out paperwork to submit my information for me not sure if it will help but since I’m waiting might as well try. I’m at 215 and climbing. My first can took over a year I think the second one came back around the 200 day mark. The lady I talked to at the atf said 150 days was the average so I asked if she could push mine along since I’m above average she laughed and said she couldn’t that it was just an average. So I will sit back and wait and read everyone 1-90 day approvals on here haha.

Reactions: callen3615
I guess calling works. I called yesterday and pointed out that 129 and 101 were in fact well over their 60 day avg. I also pointed out I went through the entire background check for a lifetime conceal carry in less time and that included finger printing. I received the canned answer so I also wrote an email and what do you know..both were approved this morning.

I am going to call my representative though. It makes no sense for this to not follow the same 3 day or approve process that is in place for firearms.

Reactions: K80/6.5
I am going to call my representative though. It makes no sense for this to not follow the same 3 day or approve process that is in place for firearms.
Somebody needs to organize a drive to get this done in Congress.

Lots of folks buying silencers today, so there are enough persons doing it to get some attention. It's not like the old days when most gun owners did not even know machine guns and silencers were legal.

Somebody needs to organize a drive to get this done in Congress.

Lots of folks buying silencers today, so there are enough persons doing it to get some attention. It's not like the old days when most gun owners did not even know machine guns and silencers were legal.
It would be nice to see the breakdown of applications that are suppressors vs everything else...that number has to be pretty high these days.
I remember a while back that a group had introduced legislation that would deregulate suppressors (2017/2018?), but it was shelved due to some idiot using one in a shooting, or had one on him or something just before it was going to be voted on (If I remember correctly, someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But, the SHUSH Act was introduced in May 2024....Hopefully this will pass.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see the breakdown of applications that are suppressors vs everything else...that number has to be pretty high these days.
I remember a while back that a group had introduced legislation that would deregulate suppressors (2017/2018?), but it was shelved due to some idiot using one in a shooting, or had one on him or something just before it was going to be voted on (If I remember correctly, someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But, the SHUSH Act was introduced in May 2024....Hopefully this will pass.
It was the Scalise shooting.

It was the Scalise shooting.

The Vegas shooting happened when the ASA was pushing the Hearing Protection Act, after that nobody wanted anything to do with it.

One day after my congresswoman looked into my suppressor it was approved 216 days. Don’t be lazy like me reach out to your politicians if you have been waiting awhile. Looking forward to my Magnus SR.
I am genuinely curious about how you asked her to look into this (because I want to ask myself). Email, phone call? Thanks in advance for the information.

Just got off the phone with them. Pending is my status from 3/20. She said 155 days is the “average” approval time right now. But “this is just the average “ so I guess about 8/20 I’ll be at the average. Fingers crossed I get to enjoy them for hunting season.

I am genuinely curious about how you asked her to look into this (because I want to ask myself). Email, phone call? Thanks in advance for the information.
Emailed asking if she could help look into my approval process on form 4 let her know what the average wait time was and where I was at 200+ days and she had me give her my serial number some other reference number and fill out some paperwork which was probably her office confidential paperwork. One of her assistants was in contact with me and helped me make sure I filled out the paperwork correctly. It was super easy all I did was looked up representative/congress person for my area. Only complaint now I keep getting political text to my phone. lol the price you pay!

Emailed asking if she could help look into my approval process on form 4 let her know what the average wait time was and where I was at 200+ days and she had me give her my serial number some other reference number and fill out some paperwork which was probably her office confidential paperwork. One of her assistants was in contact with me and helped me make sure I filled out the paperwork correctly. It was super easy all I did was looked up representative/congress person for my area. Only complaint now I keep getting political text to my phone. lol the price you pay!
If your go to your congressman website there’s a tab right on it that says assist with government forms. In my state anyway.
Awesome!
Thanks for the help guys!
I'm sitting at about 175 days now...not horrible considering the last one took a year, but a lot longer than it should be.

I haven’t seen or heard of any taking longer than 5 days in the last few months EXCEPT a buddy who had an arrest on his record that charges were dropped on over 10 years ago. His took 25 days or so. All individual with eft prints submitted by FFL, NOT Silencer Central or Silencer Shop.

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_8513.jpeg

TBAC Magnus K-RR and S-RR
E-form 4 Individual
Certified 7-30-24
Approved ??

Let's see how it goes.....I normally do a Trust and have one waiting since 3-8-24.
My S-RR just literally showed up in my email as approved.......hopefully the K-RR follows, and my 419 Maverick on a trust from March 8th also comes in......I can't believe it took 8 days! The K just showed up as well. Xmas in Aug.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
My last suppressor was approved in a few hours after been submitted, so I decided to roll the dice again. I purchased a Silencerco Velos 556 can this time around and the approval process was still very fast.

Submitted and in process on 7/31
Approved this morning 8/8

Dang, I’m kind of jealous of the folks getting theirs back in just weeks, or even days!

Up to 13 now, with two more pending, and the wait times have averaged just under a year via our trust. Fastest was ~4 months.

Last can took ~9 months. What pisses me off about that one is that it was just the first can (Hybrid 46) when I fell for SilencerCo’s BOGO ‘deal’ last year. Just checked again and the “free” Omega 300 still hasn’t been assigned; hell, maybe (likely) it hasn’t even been built by SiCo yet. BOGO can status still showing “In Process” almost a year after purchasing the 46 (just over 11 months ago), and we still have the ATF hoops to jump through yet again after SiCo does their part.

I called SiCo about a month ago, and got a big fat “We’re working on it” non-answer. I know, I know…1st world problems.

Also still have one in jail at Capitol Armory; one of the little 15th Anniversary special edition titanium Sparrow 22 cans. That will be nice on our little 10/22 take downs.

Ordered: 2 Nov 2023
Form 4 mailed: 9 Dec 2023
Check cashed: unknown - sent by Capitol Armory
Approved: Not yet! LoL

Update!

i-swqbfhb-X4.jpg

Ordered: 2 Nov 2023
eForm 4 (Trust) mailed: 9 Dec 2023
Check cashed: unknown - sent in by Capitol Armory
Approved: 27 July 2024

Finally got up to N. Austin (technically Cedar Park) today to pick it up in person at Capitol Armory.

Very, very light, and pretty:

i-Nj4KSX2-X4.jpg

Almost too pretty to shoot… Almost.

i-hg3TVMX-X4.jpg

Last edited:
Got a batch approval today (kinda)

Sycthe ti
Omega 300
Both submitted 1/31/24
Only the scythe was approved 8/13/24

DD Lti
Hybrid 46
Both submitted 6/7/24
Approved 8/13/24

All individual

Same happened to me. I bitched about the waiting time last week. Then I called on Tuesday, got approved on Friday but only for one. Guess I’m still waiting on the others even though they were all submitted same time.