Suppressors Form 4 wait time

Yeah email [email protected] and give them your control/permit numbers and let them know you got an approval and provide that control number too, they normally hook me up in less than 12 hours

So I sent my email to them, I never got a response but I did just get my second approval for the tbac fly9 25 days after the 1st.

TBAC Fly9
E-form 4
Silencer shop single shot unlimited trust (1st application 2nd approval)
Certified 5-17-24
Approved 8-16-24
Time waited 91 days

Got two more back today, eForm 4s Individual one via my LGS (who didn't charge a transfer fee which is nice) and another via Capital Armory

32 days for a Knights 762 QDC/CRS-PRT and 31 days for a Surefire SOCOM 300SPS that I'll need to wait another 2-3 weeks to work it's way through the OTC transaction and CLEO wait period.
PXL_20240819_195212162.jpg

Sent an email to IPB to see if I can squeeze in my B&T 762 SRBS and Surefire SB2 as well since the NICS check is back.

I guess I should have E filed. I think I’m close to 120 days and no approval. Individual and mailed in.
I have never had any approved very fast.
I'm there with you my friend....I've done mailed individual, E-file individual, and the last two were E-file trust...none have been what I would call fast, but it is what it is I guess.
I did just get email approvals from the ATF for the two trusts I have from Capitol Armory this morning (187 days), so I'm happy about that.

Hang in there, hopefully yours will be soon.

Last edited:
I ordered my first can (Harvester Evo .30 Cal to run on my 5.56’s, .300BLK’s, and my 6.5CM) mid June. When I went to my FFL to certify it, it got approved the first time, and said there’s about a 100 day turn around time, so I’m hoping to get it in the next 3-4 weeks. I then ordered two more a couple weeks later, a YHM Sidewinder for my FNX45T and a Porq Chop for the 8.6BLK I built. I was told the same turn around time, so hopefully I’ll have those by October.

I ordered my first can (Harvester Evo .30 Cal to run on my 5.56’s, .300BLK’s, and my 6.5CM) mid June. When I went to my FFL to certify it, it got approved the first time, and said there’s about a 100 day turn around time, so I’m hoping to get it in the next 3-4 weeks. I then ordered two more a couple weeks later, a YHM Sidewinder for my FNX45T and a Porq Chop for the 8.6BLK I built. I was told the same turn around time, so hopefully I’ll have those by October.
Paper filing, or e-file?

ATF current average e-file approval is 6 days*. For individual, not trust.

Perhaps symantics, but your certifying has nothing to do with your approval/non approval. Certifying just starts the "clock" on ATF approving your stamp, or not.

*Current timelines of Silencer shop customers:

Note there timeline for paper form 4's as 6 years! Perhaps because they don't do them???

• Angry
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Paper filing, or e-file?

ATF current average e-file approval is 6 days*. For individual, not trust.

Perhaps symantics, but your certifying has nothing to do with your approval/non approval. Certifying just starts the "clock" on ATF approving your stamp, or not.

*Current timelines of Silencer shop customers:

Oh I eFiled, through SilencerShops.com (not trying to promote them or name drop or anything, just stating a fact). I did all three as an individual. Eventually I’ll have to do a trust, partly because I plan on getting dedicated cans for my 5.56’s and .300BLK’s, but also because it will make a more seamless transition for when I die and they pass to my son.

And the certification took hardly any time at all. I ordered the cans, did all the SilencerShops and ATF paperwork at home on a Friday and Wednesday night (respectively, for the two orders I placed), and went back to my FFL to certify them about 10 or 12 days later. It wasn’t until I got the confirmation email after I certified them that the average turn time was 100 days.

Reactions: Camelfilter
Oh I eFiled, through SilencerShops.com (not trying to promote them or name drop or anything, just stating a fact). I did all three as an individual. Eventually I’ll have to do a trust, partly because I plan on getting dedicated cans for my 5.56’s and .300BLK’s, but also because it will make a more seamless transition for when I die and they pass to my son.

And the certification took hardly any time at all. I ordered the cans, did all the SilencerShops and ATF paperwork at home on a Friday and Wednesday night (respectively, for the two orders I placed), and went back to my FFL to certify them about 10 or 12 days later. It wasn’t until I got the confirmation email after I certified them that the average turn time was 100 days.
Per the SS link, the approval range is 1 day thru 114 days, with 6 days being the average.

Here's hoping yours go average!!

Per the SS link, the approval range is 1 day thru 114 days, with 6 days being the average.

Here's hoping yours go average!!
Yeah I’m getting close to the 100 days now. I think I certified my first one, the Harvester Evo on 6/14 or somewhere around there. So about mid Sept is when I’m hoping to see it. I mean where I ordered it from (Texas Gun Experience) already had it in stock, so they’ve already pulled it and the other two I ordered, and they’re paid for and set aside with my name on them. Just waiting on the damn ATF.

Reactions: Camelfilter
Got another one, no response from IPB though. Still have one pending

EForm 4 Individual via Capital Armory. Submitted 16 AUG 2024 Approved 21 AUG 2021 - 5 days. B&T SRBS-762, now to hope Capital Armory sends it off with my 300SPS
I’ve only ever used Silencer Shops, how is using Capital Armory? Do they make it all pretty easy? The only complaint I have with Silencer Shops doesn’t have anything to do with the cans I ordered. I SBR’ed my 12.5” build at the same time as I ordered my first one. Did it on a Friday night and had the approval letter for my Form 1 from the ATF Wednesday morning. But Silencer Shops still emails me at least 2-3 times a week saying I need to certify my Form 1. Even after I’ve called them twice, emailed them half a dozen times, and sent them my approved form three times.

What is "SS link," please?

Silencershop customers wait times. I linked in the page a few posts up (the one you angry face emoji'd). Will link.in again here. Note, it's just ranges of times for silencershop customers, however can give a general idea of timeframes. Excluding paper filing.

Link to page:

• Love
I’ve only ever used Silencer Shops, how is using Capital Armory? Do they make it all pretty easy? The only complaint I have with Silencer Shops doesn’t have anything to do with the cans I ordered. I SBR’ed my 12.5” build at the same time as I ordered my first one. Did it on a Friday night and had the approval letter for my Form 1 from the ATF Wednesday morning. But Silencer Shops still emails me at least 2-3 times a week saying I need to certify my Form 1. Even after I’ve called them twice, emailed them half a dozen times, and sent them my approved form three times.
I've done 8 cans with them now and it's been great. Same process pretty much but they have their own portal so you can link your eForms and upload your own photos and EFF you don't need to use a Kiosk.

They facilitate transfers to them from other dealers and private parties, handle paper forms, and hqve pretty good stock as well. Certification is easy, all done via DocuSign and calling into the service for screen sharing, they always get back ready to certify within 24 hours

After that they'll handle the 4473 and CLEO notifications as well same way, adds an extra 2-3 weeks depending how many cans gotta move around but the nice thing during the CLEO hold they'll send the cans to your state so I get it within 2 days when it's ready.

They always stick copies of the forms and a ton of swag in the box, I've gotten coozies, shirts, and silicon suppressor gloves and what not. Really good experience they're quick, keep you informed and they've never fucked a form up so that's good in my book lol

I've done 8 cans with them now and it's been great. Same process pretty much but they have their own portal so you can link your eForms and upload your own photos and EFF you don't need to use a Kiosk.

They facilitate transfers to them from other dealers and private parties, handle paper forms, and hqve pretty good stock as well. Certification is easy, all done via DocuSign and calling into the service for screen sharing, they always get back ready to certify within 24 hours

After that they'll handle the 4473 and CLEO notifications as well same way, adds an extra 2-3 weeks depending how many cans gotta move around but the nice thing during the CLEO hold they'll send the cans to your state so I get it within 2 days when it's ready.

They always stick copies of the forms and a ton of swag in the box, I've gotten coozies, shirts, and silicon suppressor gloves and what not. Really good experience they're quick, keep you informed and they've never fucked a form up so that's good in my book lol
Ok that sounds pretty much how Silencer Shops does it. I ordered all my cans through Texas Gun Experience, a range and store (obviously an FFL) by my house. I went there because I knew they had one of Silencer Shops’ kiosks, so I could do my fingerprints there and not have to worry about dealing with the state again (it was a pain when doing my CHL). What I didn’t know is the gun club I shoot at had a kiosk installed a week before I ordered my cans, and while they don’t have anywhere near the inventory as TGE, I still wish I had used them.

Reactions: BipThatInstance
I saw this morning on the Capitol Armory site my suppressors are at the CLEO Hold stage now.
Is the CLEO notification even required any longer?

Question for those who have used Capitol Armory, do they send you a copy of the Form 4 with the tax stamp? I got an email from the ATF with a pdf of the form 4, is that considered it?

I saw this morning on the Capitol Armory site my suppressors are at the CLEO Hold stage now.
Is the CLEO notification even required any longer?

Question for those who have used Capitol Armory, do they send you a copy of the Form 4 with the tax stamp? I got an email from the ATF with a pdf of the form 4, is that considered it?

Yeah CLEO Notification is required for Over-the-Counter (OTC) transfers. The 4473 you fill out is marked as NICS not required, the CLEO notification is meant to serve as some extra check if you're known to LEO as a shithead or a criminal that doesn't otherwise pop you hot on NICS. If you were picking it up in State (I think only TX, Capital doesn't let you pick up from their subsidiary FFL/SOTs) then you'd fill out the 4473 without NICS and walk out.

And yes they do send the Form 4, just the first page, the print quality is a bit iffy with the ones I got so I print them off from the ATF in color on thicker stock. Theoretically you don't need a hard copy, you can keep the electronic PDF on your phone.

You don't need to show it to anyone other than ATF, IRS, or LEO only if your state otherwise has laws regulating Title II items in addition to the feds. That's the law, other places may not like you citing law.

Reactions: Zebulon
Yeah CLEO Notification is required for Over-the-Counter (OTC) transfers. The 4473 you fill out is marked as NICS not required, the CLEO notification is meant to serve as some extra check if you're known to LEO as a shithead or a criminal that doesn't otherwise pop you hot on NICS. If you were picking it up in State (I think only TX, Capital doesn't let you pick up from their subsidiary FFL/SOTs) then you'd fill out the 4473 without NICS and walk out.

And yes they do send the Form 4, just the first page, the print quality is a bit iffy with the ones I got so I print them off from the ATF in color on thicker stock. Theoretically you don't need a hard copy, you can keep the electronic PDF on your phone.

You don't need to show it to anyone other than ATF, IRS, or LEO only if your state otherwise has laws regulating Title II items in addition to the feds. That's the law, other places may not like you citing law.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I've ever been asked about my stamps while at a range, most just people asking what brand and such.

Silencershop customers wait times. I linked in the page a few posts up (the one you angry face emoji'd). Will link.in again here. Note, it's just ranges of times for silencershop customers, however can give a general idea of timeframes. Excluding paper filing.

Link to page:

Thank you for linking it again!

Agreed…they’re super easy to work with once you have your account set up. Have purchased 10 cans in total through SS, including one still in progress (see below).

We all needed updated pics for the trust (they’re only good for one year) on our most recent one, and it took less than 30 seconds for each of us to snap a quick pic against a blank white wall, and upload the new/updated photos.

Same with the electronic form 4; since all the info was already saved in our account, it took less than a minute to go through the form and sign it via Docusign…all sent to us in an email with a custom link for all signatories.

Really great comms on progress through all steps, etc. too. Very pleased with them and their business model.

Last edited:
Waited almost a year for Silencerco to build it, but the ball’s finally rolling on my “free” can from last year’s BOGO sale/deal:

i-FVQSqQM-X4.jpg

The free can is literally just the can…no mounts, accessories, etc. Omega 300 via trust and filed via eform in my case.

Purchased: 14 August 2024 (free, but that's the day I bought the tax stamp)
Certification: pending 27 Aug 2024 (ball’s officially rolling with ATF now)
Approval: pending

Last edited:
FINALLY! I GOT IT APPROVED.

Originally submitted 2-15-23. TRUST
Denied wrongfully
Approved after the whole process and UPIN ect. 8-20-24

Still don't have the other which was originally certified 8-28-23 and also wrongfully denied

Hopefully it will come along soon
I did in fact get the next one soon after.

Trust
Polonium K

Originally submitted August / 2023
Denied January / 2024
Submitted for the 2nd time , after wrongful denial, certificationdate
: 5/17/24

Approved 8/23/24

Surprising email came through this morning as I was packing up to go to the range (my SOT dealer that I use for NFA items)...

My Magnus-S HUB got approved this morning at around 10:30am (Sunday)... So I picked her up when I walked though the door, and then went on to my spot to get setup for shooting.

SS Single Shot Trust - 1 RP
Submitted 5/7/24
Approved 8/25/24
110 days

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.12.14 AM.pngIMG_0591.jpeg

Here it is next to my full-size Magnus-HUB for comparison... Same exact can, just 2" shorter, and a few less baffles. Amazing can for it's size.

IMG_0609.jpegIMG_0610.jpeg

IPB finally got back to me, with an apology no less, approved my SOCOM 556-SB2 finally

EForm 4 Individual via Capital Armory, filed 14 AUG 2024 approved 28 AUG 2024, so 2 weeks not bad considering.

My non scientific feeling is that NFA Division is firmly underwater once again. Should've bought another to kept my active streak going, fuck lol

• Wow