Suppressors Form 4 wait time

1.5 months from the submittal day to approval.

Trust w/ 2 people.

I don't keep track of dates but it was the week before my birthday (July 19) so 1.5 months.
Damn I’m at 2.5 months on an individual trust. But I was told the average turn time was 100 days, so I’m hoping by the end of Sept. for my first one and then end of Oct for the other two I ordered.

• Sad
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Damn I’m at 2.5 months on an individual trust. But I was told the average turn time was 100 days, so I’m hoping by the end of Sept. for my first one and then end of Oct for the other two I ordered.
Just looked at the paperwork.

7/13/24 submitted
9/1/24 approved.

My dealer warned me it's average as still 7-12 months he's been seeing. No idea why I cleared so fast.

Just looked at the paperwork.

7/13/24 submitted
9/1/24 approved.

My dealer warned me it's average as still 7-12 months he's been seeing. No idea why I cleared so fast.
Damn that is fast. I have one buddy that ordered his and got his can within 3 weeks, but on the flip side I have another friend that took a year and a half. I was hoping because I did my first SBR at the same time, it would get through faster because they already did everything for my Form 1, but I got that back in 3 days.

Damn that is fast. I have one buddy that ordered his and got his can within 3 weeks, but on the flip side I have another friend that took a year and a half. I was hoping because I did my first SBR at the same time, it would get through faster because they already did everything for my Form 1, but I got that back in 3 days.
Well hopefully they got their crap together and you get through soon lol

Well hopefully they got their crap together and you get through soon lol
I’m just hoping all three of the cans I bought are in before the election. Regardless of which one of the idiots gets elected (either the ass hole idiot or the border line retarded idiot), I have a feeling NFA stuff will only get more difficult, if not impossible, to get.

Reactions: 65husker
So I just did the Silencershop kiosk and made an account on ATF eforms and paid the transfer tax on Silencer Shop all today.

How long until this "Certified" thing happens?
They usually have it ready to certify within 3-5 business days but can take a week or two sometimes. You will get an email that says "ready to certify". Then you will set a time with your dealer for both of you to be on your respective computers (not phone) and complete the certification. (Takes about 5 min).

Then you wait. If you did it as an individual you should get am approved stamp pretty quickly, (30-90 days, maybe a lot less) if you did it as a trust it will likely be a while, as in 3-6 months, give or take.

If you get denied in error, there's a whole other process to make them show you why then refile it after you have shown them there's no legal reason.

They usually have it ready to certify within 3-5 business days but can take a week or two sometimes. You will get an email that says "ready to certify". Then you will set a time with your dealer for both of you to be on your respective computers (not phone) and complete the certification. (Takes about 5 min).

Then you wait. If you did it as an individual you should get am approved stamp pretty quickly, (30-90 days, maybe a lot less) if you did it as a trust it will likely be a while, as in 3-6 months, give or take.

If you get denied in error, there's a whole other process to make them show you why then refile it after you have shown them there's no legal reason.
Excellent answer. Thank you. I will sit tight and wait a day or two or three.

Silencer Shop Trust for suppressor.
A few days shy of 6 months for approval.
Just filed for another suppressor. Heard its supposed to be faster after the first one is approved.
Hasn't been IME. Bought my 1st 3 in 2011, took about 9 months. Got my latest in February, took about 9 months.

Aside from 1 that took 14 months, 9 months has been standard for the other 8.

All on a trust.

Hasn't been IME. Bought my 1st 3 in 2011, took about 9 months. Got my latest in February, took about 9 months.

Aside from 1 that took 14 months, 9 months has been standard for the other 8.

All on a trust.
Let me restate that.
If you have had something approved in the past 24 months (rolling calendar) its supposed to be quicker.
Plus I started a new trust.
Yeah, my stuff from back in 2010 took 13+ months on a trust.

Let me restate that.
If you have had something approved in the past 24 months (rolling calendar) its supposed to be quicker.
Plus I started a new trust.
Yeah, my stuff from back in 2010 took 13+ months on a trust.
Yea, I caught that.

February 2024 and before that August 2023. Each was about 9 months.

ATF notified me that eForms account was now open. Signed all the form 4 stuff today with SilencerShop, so now I am waiting for that "Ready to Certify" email with instructions.

1725575556010.png

Reactions: Camelfilter
ATF notified me that eForms account was now open. Signed all the form 4 stuff today with SilencerShop, so now I am waiting for that "Ready to Certify" email with instructions.

View attachment 8495326

Was it one you bought at your dealer? ie physically in stock at your dealer? -If so, should be ready to certify quickly. Same day to a few days.

Or did you buy one in stock on line at SilencerShop? If so, will be ready to certify a day or so after your dealer receives it. 1 to 2 weeks, or there abouts.

IME.

Also, we've done all certifying in person at our dealer. Simply because no PC at home. Only tablets. Didn't want to futz with tablets crashing on us during the proccess is all...

View attachment 8495326
Yeah, now starts the 3- 5 days it's typically ready to certify in. This is all waaaaay faster than what we used to have to do though. My first 3 cans I waited 11 months each time and the 1st one was a form1 can , which I only did "because they are approved so much faster"......

Was it one you bought at your dealer? ie physically in stock at your dealer? -If so, should be ready to certify quickly. Same day to a few days.

Or did you buy one in stock on line at SilencerShop? If so, will be ready to certify a day or so after your dealer receives it. 1 to 2 weeks, or there abouts.

IME.

Also, we've done all certifying in person at our dealer. Simply because no PC at home. Only tablets. Didn't want to futz with tablets crashing on us during the proccess is all...
I bought it from the manufacturer, and it was waiting at my local dealer when I started at the kiosk.

Just got the email from the ATF, my Form 4 has been approved!! Got a call about half hour later from my FFL that I can go pick my can up!!! The problem is, they closed 10 minutes ago, and I’m still stuck at the office. Perks of working for my [insert name for female dog here - or worse if you want to, both words apply] of a boss.

So my first can I ordered on 6/14, I could have picked it up today, which is a turn around time of 87 days. Not bad considering I was told the average turn time was 100 days.

• Love
Oh my God how have I not been shooting suppressed all these years?? Took my can to the range for the first time today, it is going to be really difficult to go back to a gun without a can now.
Go an open a 0% credit card for the next 18 months and max it out to get more cans. 🤣😂

Go an open a 0% credit card for the next 18 months and max it out to get more cans. 🤣😂
It’s not a bad idea, but it would need a high limit because those new cans would have to come with a divorce lawyer.

Although I said the same thing when I started to build the dozen-ish rifles (plus my Sig P320) this year, but when I finally told the wife about them and took her to the range, her reaction was, “Well can we build me a rifle?”

I kind of have the feeling when she shoots one of mine suppressed, she’ll want a can for her rifle. Downside to that is, I put a Warcomp on it, which means I’ll need an RC2 or RC3, which start at a grand, if you can find one.

• Haha
Reactions: culater
Waited almost a year for Silencerco to build it, but the ball’s finally rolling on my “free” can from last year’s BOGO sale/deal:

i-FVQSqQM-X4.jpg

The free can is literally just the can…no mounts, accessories, etc. Omega 300 via trust and filed via eform in my case.

Purchased: 14 August 2024 (free, but that's the day I bought the tax stamp)
Certification: pending 27 Aug 2024 (ball’s officially rolling with ATF now)
Approval: pending

Approved today!

i-sfV2SDm-X4.jpg

Purchased: 14 August 2024 (free, and a 1-year wait for SiCo to make my can, but that's the day I bought the tax stamp)
Certification: 27 Aug 2024
Approval: 14 Sep 2024

One month exactly from “purchase” to can in-hand; the new system’s a lot better than before.

Edit: Hub mount installed, and mounted on what should be its primary host:

i-58QVXQk-X4.jpg

Last edited:
It’s not a bad idea, but it would need a high limit because those new cans would have to come with a divorce lawyer.

Although I said the same thing when I started to build the dozen-ish rifles (plus my Sig P320) this year, but when I finally told the wife about them and took her to the range, her reaction was, “Well can we build me a rifle?”

I kind of have the feeling when she shoots one of mine suppressed, she’ll want a can for her rifle. Downside to that is, I put a Warcomp on it, which means I’ll need an RC2 or RC3, which start at a grand, if you can find one.
Start her with a suppressed .22 shooting subs… I start all new shooters on that and they have a blast!

Start her with a suppressed .22 shooting subs… I start all new shooters on that and they have a blast!
I’ve got subs for my .300BLKs, but I think I’ll wait to have her shoot suppressed until my Porq Chop for my 8.6BLK gets out of paperwork jail and let her shoot that. Hella more expensive, but I don’t know if there’s a shooting experience as gratifying (shooting a 300 grain bullet at 75-80db). Plus I built my 8.6 to have less recoil than my 6.5CM, so it’s so much fun.

Reactions: 91Eunozs