• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1722384795719.png

It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose. You just tested it, didn’t you? Normally, when you hum, the air is able to escape through your nose to create the sound, and of course, it can’t do that when you’re holding it shut. This is one of the weird facts you can test out for yourself. Go ahead, try it.

• Haha
Reactions: gigamortis
Last year, the National Retail Federation predicted Americans would spend around $9.5 billion on food to celebrate the Fourth of July. This averages out to about $93 per person participating in a BBQ, cookout, or picnic. When it comes to alcohol, “more beer is sold on and around the Fourth of July holiday than during any other time throughout the year,” according to the Beer Institute.

Generally, Americans will spend around $1 billion on beer and more than $560 million on wine for their Fourth celebrations.

Now don’t y’all go misaligning a Commodore. They sang pretty good in their day which would be something like 45 years ago. (Still have “Three Times a Lady”in my head and I always thought it would be a GREAT name for the third sailboat a fellow owned) but I digress.

I once owned a Commodore Colt 286. (That would be a (supposedly)an IBM compatible 80286 powered computer running MSDOS and even ran Windows 3.0 and I think 3.1. Well it ran the software alright, but any hardware compatibility got lost somewhere in the bottom of the Commodore’s basement. I nearly went broke spending money on postage returning parts that were IBM compatible but would not work with the Colt’s architecture.

To increase memory, I had to slow down the clock speed from 12mhz to 8mhz. However, i ran a virtual drive at 12. For all you new folks, the rather antiquated iPad (generation 9 I am using has a clock speed 2.7Ghz.

Still it was a good looking machine and it ran by compiler and Word which was the important thing.

2.7ghz = 270,000,000mhz. You might say it is a might bit faster, and this generation was launched in 2021. (Current iPad is Generation 10)
IMG_3770.jpeg

Reactions: HPIguy
Nothing like a beautiful custom felt hat. Favorite hatmaker is O'Farrell's in Santa Fe.
mine too, I have had one on order for about 16-17 months, he has a long waiting list and ran out of felt for awhile. He did give me a heck of a discount on a straw that he had in stock about a month ago. I live sw of Clayton, NM

Now don’t y’all go misaligning a Commodore. They sang pretty good in their day which would be something like 45 years ago. (Still have “Three Times a Lady”in my head and I always thought it would be a GREAT name for the third sailboat a fellow owned) but I digress.

I once owned a Commodore Colt 286. (That would be a (supposedly)an IBM compatible 80286 powered computer running MSDOS and even ran Windows 3.0 and I think 3.1. Well it ran the software alright, but any hardware compatibility got lost somewhere in the bottom of the Commodore’s basement. I nearly went broke spending money on postage returning parts that were IBM compatible but would not work with the Colt’s architecture.

To increase memory, I had to slow down the clock speed from 12mhz to 8mhz. However, i ran a virtual drive at 12. For all you new folks, the rather antiquated iPad (generation 9 I am using has a clock speed 2.7Ghz.

Still it was a good looking machine and it ran by compiler and Word which was the important thing.

2.7ghz = 270,000,000mhz. You might say it is a might bit faster, and this generation was launched in 2021. (Current iPad is Generation 10)View attachment 8470027

All real men had a TRS 80 model 1….

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
mine too, I have had one on order for about 16-17 months, he has a long waiting list and ran out of felt for awhile. He did give me a heck of a discount on a straw that he had in stock about a month ago. I live sw of Clayton, NM
Been a customer of the shop for many years and stop by and see Scott every time I am in town. Currently have two felts and 2 straw hats from them as well one on order. Had an old Resistol felt I bought from Ruben's Western Wear in Raton back in the mid-70's when I worked on the UU Bar. Never liked the crease and it needed work and only have kept it for sentimental reasons. Dropped it off with Scott over a year ago and they re-blocked and creased the crown to my liking and did a beautiful job.

2.7ghz = 270,000,000mhz. You might say it is a might bit faster, and this generation was launched in 2021. (Current iPad is Generation 10)View attachment 8470027
I had a TRS-80 and a Zenith Z-100.

Yup... old computers are old.

Cheers,

SIrhr

I have to admit that I sort of sympathize with the kid. I ate left over WWII C-rations back in the 1970s. I never got sick from canned food that was almost 35 years old.

However, I puked up more MREs than I care to remember. There was nothing else to eat. So I had no choice and they did NOT taste any better the 2nd time around.

Kid probably got the vegetarian lasagna.. ;)