• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

IMG_0242_jpeg-3280927.JPG

Now don’t y’all go misaligning a Commodore. They sang pretty good in their day which would be something like 45 years ago. (Still have “Three Times a Lady”in my head and I always thought it would be a GREAT name for the third sailboat a fellow owned) but I digress.

I once owned a Commodore Colt 286. (That would be a (supposedly)an IBM compatible 80286 powered computer running MSDOS and even ran Windows 3.0 and I think 3.1. Well it ran the software alright, but any hardware compatibility got lost somewhere in the bottom of the Commodore’s basement. I nearly went broke spending money on postage returning parts that were IBM compatible but would not work with the Colt’s architecture.

To increase memory, I had to slow down the clock speed from 12mhz to 8mhz. However, i ran a virtual drive at 12. For all you new folks, the rather antiquated iPad (generation 9 I am using has a clock speed 2.7Ghz.

Still it was a good looking machine and it ran by compiler and Word which was the important thing.

2.7ghz = 270,000,000mhz. You might say it is a might bit faster, and this generation was launched in 2021. (Current iPad is Generation 10)View attachment 8470027
I still have a very soft spot in my heart for this old gal. I remember ~1986 I was at Disney world was using them to control the sounds for one of their shows. It was very cutting edge back then.

But.......in typical Commodore fashion they had something great but could not take it to the next level. You can say that about a great many early "IT" companies, Atari for example.

1722468309725.png

I so need to invest in a thermal….

Sirhr
Sometimes, you see things you wish,you didn't, we were walking across a peanut field to shoot hogs and I was scanning with my thermal, I found a large rattlesnake. He got a bullet and my night was ruined cause all I could do is scan the ground for snakes.

Last edited:
First customs were from Watson’s hat shop in Cave Creek, AZ, wife’s last one was Shortys Caboy hattery….. all excellent.
Went beaver/mink on my Watson, now I pretty much act like it’s the only one I own.
Well if we are going to talk about them might as well show em. Felts and straw lids from O'Farrels. Dark green felt is my hunting hat and the bone color my dress hat. The straws are for summer and the pencil brim was kind of a wild hair purchase but a cool hat. Other pic is a friend enjoying a bit of Red Breast who put on my hat for a picture while we were in Durango.

IMG_3115.jpeg
IMG_3113.jpeg
IMG_1548.jpeg

I still have a very soft spot in my heart for this old gal. I remember ~1986 I was at Disney world was using them to control the sounds for one of their shows. It was very cutting edge back then.

But.......in typical Commodore fashion they had something great but could not take it to the next level. You can say that about a great many early "IT" companies, Atari for example.

View attachment 8470331
Atari 1040 ST for me back then. And yes, Atari dropped the ball marketing wise. May have been able to beat Apple at their own game...

Well if we are going to talk about them might as well show em. Felts and straw lids from O'Farrels. Dark green felt is my hunting hat and the bone color my dress hat. The straws are for summer and the pencil brim was kind of a wild hair purchase but a cool hat. Other pic is a friend enjoying a bit of Red Breast who put on my hat for a picture while we were in Durango.

View attachment 8470419View attachment 8470420View attachment 8470476
Left to right:my beloved beaver-mink by Watson, pure beaver from a custom shop in Montana(was supposed to be a huntin’ hat, but I look stupid in a “Gus” style crown and always grab the ol beater my grandfather gave my dad), my wife’s shorty’s and her (try not to say “my wife’s pure beaver)- Watson. Next is her Panama also a Watson.
Gotta do some bragging on Watson’s. Eric and Emily, (later Alex as well) became friends of ours. They carried some of our leather goods in their shop for a while too. Through strong fellowship and a genuine connection in The Lord, (despite being as different as possible) after we ordered the 3 hats from them and went to pick them up and pay- they GIFTED us all three and said that “you can’t out- give God”. We were speechless. My beaver-mink would’ve always been my favorite hat, but now, every time I get a compliment on it, I get to brag about a friend’s generosity and Gods goodness.

Attachments

• IMG_7664.jpeg
    IMG_7664.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7663.jpeg
    IMG_7663.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 59