• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Stopped shooting long enough to make stupid video so I could make stupid Gif of stupid fletching.
Shoots amazing, just noisy.

View attachment 8475369

Look at it. Look at the fletching, it looks like it's rotating towards you. But look at the nock or the wrap, it's rotating away from you. Look back at the fletching, it's going towards you. Your eyes and your mind are lying to you.
It's not your eyes or your mind lying to you. The affect can be created a couple different ways

One way is the rolling shutter that many cameras use.

Strobe lights can be used to freeze a spinning or moving object such as a fan blade. Depending on the fan speed and the speed of the strobe, the fan can appear to be turning counter clockwise, clockwise or not moving at all. This is similar to how a timing light is used for determining the distributor timing on an older car...

Here's a video showing how 50 or 60 Hz light can be used with a strobe disc to check/set the speed of a turntable.

Last edited:
Reactions: theLBC and Gee Kay
photo_2024-08-08_19-51-01.jpg

Stopped shooting long enough to make stupid video so I could make stupid Gif of stupid fletching.

View attachment 8475369

Look at it. Look at the fletching, it looks like it's rotating towards you. But look at the nock or the wrap, it's rotating away from you. Look back at the fletching, it's going towards you. Your eyes and your mind are lying to you.
If you focus on the white and ignore the text, it will rotate correctly.

View attachment 8475369

But note it is coming towards you slower than it is turning. To see the fletching going the right direction look right where the fletching touches the shaft on the right side.

We gotta work on those numbers!!!

Remember... 'most' of the leftards don't even have one. Then you have the kids. And the infirmed/elderly. And (some) of the illegals... which is about 11m now.

That really means only about 70 million Americans own a firearm. With an estimated 400 or so million guns in America... That's only about 6-7 guns per 'owning' person. And that's just pathetic!

We need to pump up those numbers!!!

Sirhr

Went to the dentist today for what I thought was a cracked tooth. The Xray showed a crack in a molar and the dentist repaired it.

Once the numbing wore off, it was just about as bad as ever.

Now I can’t sleep it hurts so bad. 😥 I soaked a cotton ball in tooth drops and it took the edge off but wow it is unbelievable. Anyway, I will probably sit up in this chair tonight because laying down is unbearable.

I will be there back at the dentist office first thing tomorrow.

No freeloading.

View attachment 8455935
I shattered a molar on a cherry pit eating a piece of cherry pie, holy oh hell that got my attention. I sipped booze all night long and got to the dentist at 9:00am Saturday, had to pay an extra 300 for the emergency tooth extraction. Novocaine shots did nothing the first couple she hit me with, finally, pulled the tooth. Had to get a couple more shots after, then I drank whiskey for the rest of the weekend. I feel for ya!

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpeg
    IMG_2650.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 44
Apart from a few incorrect pictures, this is a pretty good history of the "Dum Dum:" bullet. Which got it's name from first being made by the British Dum Dum Arsenal in India.