• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

"Hey where are my curly fries?"....."Here's your fucking curly fries" blam, blam

honestly, i think crap "public" schools and crap teachers and the system controlled by crap teachers unions are the root of the problem.
the dems love it because they churn out failures for the government plantation. they certainly don't want to fix it with school choice.
i wonder what the crime stats are for inner city public schools vs private schools.

Reactions: notacos4u
Just FYI, from census.gov:

The highest spending per pupil in FY 2021 were Boston City Schools in Massachusetts ($31,397), New York City School District in New York ($29,931), Washington Schools in District of Columbia ($24,535), Atlanta School District in Georgia ($18,492), Chicago School District in Illinois ($18,216), and Los Angeles Unified in California ($18,179)

So while you might be correct in thinking that these places have shithole public schools - it's not because of lack of money. It's something else.

Just FYI, from census.gov:

The highest spending per pupil in FY 2021 were Boston City Schools in Massachusetts ($31,397), New York City School District in New York ($29,931), Washington Schools in District of Columbia ($24,535), Atlanta School District in Georgia ($18,492), Chicago School District in Illinois ($18,216), and Los Angeles Unified in California ($18,179)

So while you might be correct in thinking that these places have shithole public schools - it's not because of lack of money. It's something else.
money doesn't fix chronically failing schools. the libs will tell you that is the problem, but your examples prove otherwise.

if obama did one good thing, it was spending $7 Billion on a program to see how to fix these failure factories.
nothing worked. not extra time, or smaller classes, or after school programs or higher salaries...nothing.
the only thing that worked was when one school replaced virtually every teacher (all union) and the principal, creating a brand new culture for the school, and immediately improving test scores.
this is the one success story they don't report on because it would make the union scum look bad.

almost nobody ever heard about this program failure because it came out in January after trump was elected.
everyone was talking about russia russia russia!

Despite its gargantuan price tag, SIG generated no academic gains for the students it was meant to help. Failing schools that received multi-year grants from the program to “turn around” ended up with results no better than similar schools that received zero dollars from the program. To be clear: Billions spent had no effect.

When Washington spends billions of dollars on something, it’s reasonable to assume it will do some good, especially when the Secretary of Education promises “transformation not tinkering.” But not with SIG.

No matter how the researchers crunched the numbers, the abysmal results were the same. SIG didn’t improve math scores. Or reading scores. Or high school graduation rates. Or college enrollment. SIG didn’t improve elementary or secondary schools. It didn’t help schools in Race-to-the-Top states or non-Race-to-the-Top states.

The results are almost too much to believe. How in the world do you spend billions and billions of dollars and get no results—especially after Secretary Duncan promised it would turn around 5,000 failing schools and hailed it as the biggest bet of his tenure?

Last edited:
LBC, I clicked on the story it says ( 502 gateway error)

I am interested in finding out about this though.
i updated the link.
weird because i have been sharing that link since 2017, so i suppose they are all broken wherever.
at least i found the new location.

Last edited:
Reactions: TACC
The problem was never the money.

My favorite author Heinlein had a grandfather who grew up on a farm outside of Butler, Mo. He went to school in a one-room school house.

When his father died, he had to take care of the farm, the family business. He dropped out at the 8th grade level. When he dropped out, he could do basic math in his head. Had some trig tables memorized for guy wires on things. Read, write, and speak English fluently. Also German, family heritage. He could speak and read Latin. Read some Greek and Hebrew.

Read Shakespeare. The Holy Bible KJV. Mark Twain.

We have college graduates today who cannot do that.

So, the shithole schools are because of the shithole people in charge of them.