I can’t stop eating!!!!

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    Long time ago, I quit smoking. Went a day or two and switched to the Skoal.

Was chewing a tin a day, sometimes more.

Then I switched to the Zyns.

Now am off the Zyn. I’m good as far as the nicotine goes, but god damn if I can’t stop eating.

I hit the gym 4-5 days a week so that helps but how the hell do I get over these cravings of food.

I do chew a lot of gum, and that helps but basically gave up one habit for another.

What worked for you?

Same here. Every time, I grab a bag of chips or whatever it is... I drink a ton of water. That way, I already feel full and won't eat too much. If that doesn't help, get that big thing of kernels, make your popcorn with olive oil, and season it with kernel seasons.
    ezgif-7-4ce4f3fca0.jpg

There are Van Holten pickles in a pouch (eat their hot ones and you will drink a lot of water automatically).

Last edited:

Now am off the Zyn. I’m good as far as the nicotine goes, but god damn if I can’t stop eating.

I hit the gym 4-5 days a week so that helps but how the hell do I get over these cravings of food.

I do chew a lot of gum, and that helps but basically gave up one habit for another.

What worked for you?
    Dude, you're pregnant

1 meal a day, drink water. Limit snacks.

Sucked for a week or two then I got used to it. That first week is just a matter of committal. At this point I can eat 2 meals for 1 or 2 days in a week if I have a work trip/dinner event or whatever but I'm over it after that.

You ate eating the wrong food.
    Real food doesnt make you crave more food.
    Steak
    Lard
    Butter
    Eggs
    Start there.
    I aim for fruits and veggies when I’m munching. Sometimes yogurt and granola or cottage cheese.

Occasionally I go for the sweets, but that’s maybe two or three x a week.

Sucked for a week or two then I got used to it. That first week is just a matter of committal. At this point I can eat 2 meals for 1 or 2 days in a week if I have a work trip/dinner event or whatever but I'm over it after that.
    I drink at least one gallon of water every day. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but the goal is a gallon.

Sugar is tough. There is candy jar at the front desk at the office. I know one peice and I will famished all evening. It was easier to quit smoking and drinking. Lol
    It is tough, and was pretty much impossible for me but i was super active so it didn't matter. On the current diet, its been positively easy. I crave fat, not sugar. Been a weird experience, but all positive.

This only works if he is over 50, and he still has to eat properly, ie not that food pyramid bullshit.

I aim for fruits and veggies when I’m munching. Sometimes yogurt and granola or cottage cheese.

Occasionally I go for the sweets, but that’s maybe two or three x a week.
    This is why you are hungry.
    Fruit? Absolutely your problem.
    Granola? Fucking damn!
    You cant eat any worse shit.
    The base of your pyramid should be protein and fat. And that fat should absolutely not be plant based except maybe some extra vifgin coconut oil.

Broccoli cabbage and okra are especially good for you stomach and guts. Could be the gum. I think most alternative sugars are worse than sugar though.
    Agreed
    Cruciferous greens are very good for the gut.
    Red cabbage is even better as it provides beta carotene without the sugar of carrots.

I drink at least one gallon of water every day. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but the goal is a gallon.
    Depending on weight loss goal, you may not be drinking enough.
    Make sure to drink plenty of electrolytes WITHOUT SUGAR.
    i have had some episodes with tachycardia because i was losing so much weight, it was hard to balance my lytes. Ive got it down to a science now pretty much.
    You cannot burn fat if you arent drinking enough water, and if your lytes arent balanced youll have trouble burning fat too.

Depending on weight loss goal, you may not be drinking enough.
    Make sure to drink plenty of electrolytes WITHOUT SUGAR.
    i have had some episodes with tachycardia because i was losing so much weight, it was hard to balance my lytes. Ive got it down to a science now pretty much.
    You cannot burn fat if you arent drinking enough water, and if your lytes arent balanced youll have trouble burning fat too.
    I’m not too worried about losing weight, just trying not to gain any.

I’m 185 and 6’ so not a big guy to begin with.

Make your snacks jerky or nuts. Cut out the grains and carbs.

My buddy is doing carnivore. Been a month now, he still drinks beer but only on the weekends. His diet has been nothing but deer, elk, and antelope. He's down 18 lbs.

In reality the only thing he changed was no more chips, and 1 less 30 rack of Coors a week.

This is going to go over like a lead ballon with this crowd but:

What you're describing sounds like a substance-based coping mechanism. Smoking, to chew, to Zyns, to food and you "can't stop eating" or manage the cravings. Sounds like an addictive personality but I'm not a doctor so 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm not casting any stones here, but some introspection may be worthwhile here.

What worked for you?

Eat only meat and veggies, as much as you want. Absolutely no sugar of any kind. Start with no carbs. Eat meats with plenty of fat in them. Will take a few days but cravings will go away. And it's damned hard to eat enough meat and veggies to gain weight, even with some butter on your veggies.

I got trampled by a horse a couple years ago and it tore a huge hole in my stomach. I had it repaired and ever since then I am CONSTANTLY hungry. No matter what I eat, I am hungry. I can eat and entire tomahawk steak with potatoes, carrots and onions. 20 minutes later, I will be starving. My solution is to drink LOTS of water and coffee. It helps.

Reactions: Snipe260 and jrassy
    Just go pure carnivore. Eat salt, beef and water. You don't need anything else. You'll be stronger and leaner than you've ever been in your life. Your cardio will be amazing, recovery is faster than when you were 19, and your joint pain and digestive issues will dissappear. It's like a miracle drug, except you're really eating only what your body is designed to eat. If you haven't tried it for 30 days yourself, don't dispute what I'm saying. I don't care what you read on Facebook. I challenge any of you to try it for 30 days.

Your body does not need carbs.
    Your body does not need fiber.
    Your body does not need cabbage or fucking grains, or any of that other bullshit. Humans are carnivores. Try it for 30 days and see how your body reacts. I guarantee you'll be convinced, just like everyone else who has tried it..

I got trampled by a horse a couple years ago and it tore a huge hole in my stomach. I had it repaired and ever since then I am CONSTANTLY hungry. No matter what I eat, I am hungry. I can eat and entire tomahawk steak with potatoes, carrots and onions. 20 minutes later, I will be starving. My solution is to drink LOTS of water and coffee. It helps.
    Are you hungry enough to eat a horse? Just sayin'.

Oh...thats different.
    Just keep eating grains and plenty of fruits and vegtables. Lots of granola, cheerios and corn chex.
    You are craving cause your body is an engine that needs lots of fuel. Carbs are fuel.........

(Im being sarcastic)

Last edited: