Ingenuity Precision trickler

The original trickler ships fairly quickly. I would contact IP to see what the lead time would be. The way it works is you place an order and it usually ships in a couple weeks. Mine did. With in the last year though there have been times it took longer. Their service is pretty good. Contact them

Last edited:
PrimalRight released a short video.

1721432572636.png

I emailed earlier this week and got this response:

Current estimate is late Aug we should have most everything in house to start packaging and assembly if you ordered before about 3-1 . Units should start shipping thru September and October.
If you preordered after about 3-1-24 then you will be in the second batch later this fall. This is a brand new product being released for the first time and is exactly why it had a zero money down wait list and estimated eta. Good things take time and the first batch of a product is the hardest. Sorry for the wait but I promise it's worth it!

^if they’re saying 6-8 weeks to start shipping you can count on it being double that, ie 12-16 weeks out for first ahipments

Recall that this outfit has never before tried to assemble and ship such a large volume of some thing this complex. And they don’t even have all the parts yet!

May be more reasonable to triple the 6-8 weeks to 18-24 (4-6 more months, placing it almost a year behind the original Feb estimate)

We shall see. Glad I got my ATV2.75 on the meantime

Reactions: akh223
My view is that I have a powder measure system (MatchMaster at the moment), I have no money involved with their zero deposit policy, so I'm just going to wait and they will be shipping at some point or not. If not, I have lost nothing (but I really, really want one of these).

But I can't see them not shipping at some point....they have too much time invested and money at stake.

My view is that I have a powder measure system (MatchMaster at the moment), I have no money involved with their zero deposit policy, so I'm just going to wait and they will be shipping at some point or not. If not, I have lost nothing (but I really, really want one of these).

But I can't see them not shipping at some point....they have too much time invested and money at stake.
If they don’t ship this then that would mean going bankrupt. I can’t imagine how much he has invested in this and unless he had a ton of money in capital then he will NEED this to be very successful.

One has to give the benefit of the doubt here.

The area where systems are weak right now are the powder cups, the breeze shields, the data input/control (=not on phone), and the hopper/powder transition process.

Note that the auto-throw itself isn't really one of those areas of weakness.

But the "powder thower" when considered a system is only as good as the wekaest link.

The trickler itself is very well designed. That's all I will say.

There isn't any excess complexity, the parts are all very high quality. There isn't really an obvious need for any aftermarket upgrades to it, etc.

I have heard rumors that Gavin gets $5,000 per product video he does.
Feels kinda low... I would guess higher.

A buddy of mine is a filmmaker, has done with with Toyota, Nike, Rivian, etc. and his daily average rate is much higher than that for 30 seconds of film. Of course, not a great comparison as far as production goes, but you get the idea.

I emailed earlier this week and got this response:

Current estimate is late Aug we should have most everything in house to start packaging and assembly if you ordered before about 3-1 . Units should start shipping thru September and October.
If you preordered after about 3-1-24 then you will be in the second batch later this fall. This is a brand new product being released for the first time and is exactly why it had a zero money down wait list and estimated eta. Good things take time and the first batch of a product is the hardest. Sorry for the wait but I promise it's worth it!

"...we SHOULD have most everything in house.... units SHOULD start shipping September and October..."

if someone gets one of these before 2025 I'll be very surprised

Anyone heard anything recently? Any updates @NICETRY @Ingenuity1 ?
Quick update. Controllers are being assembled. Further beta unit testing has shown some flow issues with Retumbo due to it wanting to clump up so the funnel part of the dropper has been getting a revision to flow faster. And for those with a Sartorius working on a slick windscreen for the top. Those with the less sensitive AND will not have to worry.
IMG_4711.jpeg

Quick update. Controllers are being assembled. Further beta unit testing has shown some flow issues with Retumbo due to it wanting to clump up so the funnel part of the dropper has been getting a revision to flow faster. And for those with a Sartorius working on a slick windscreen for the top. Those with the less sensitive AND will not have to worry.View attachment 8474585
Sigh….sometime you just have to finally release a product

Quick update. Controllers are being assembled. Further beta unit testing has shown some flow issues with Retumbo due to it wanting to clump up so the funnel part of the dropper has been getting a revision to flow faster. And for those with a Sartorius working on a slick windscreen for the top. Those with the less sensitive AND will not have to worry.View attachment 8474585
So, you're saying the AD scale isn't good enough?

SOB! Really?? I basically only use one powder - guess which one...

• Haha
Reactions: Herb Stoner
Wait. We’re here, on August 6, 2024 and the powder that was just discovered to require a design tweak is…..wait for it….not 870 pulled from WW2 surplus, cuz it was “clumping”

But it was RETUMBO. A wildly popular powder.

So, the so-called beta-testers just now tested RETUMBO?

I know a fabulous beta-tester who’s a product engineer type who tested the shit out of the ST and abandoned it (not me) and was rebuffed when he offered to beta test the IP ( u know who you are)

And all the while the F-class guys were running their usual powders through it and JUST NOW….

We learn of RETUMBO issues?

FFS. Yet another SNAFU

This is what happens when you enlist confederates friends fanboys and Gavins as your “beta-testers”. More like alpha-testers

Just wait till the gamma and delta testers get their hands on it. V2,3,4,5

Last edited:
Good testers, among a range of LR shooters, would have been a few from each: BR, F-class, ELR, PRS, NRL-H, gas gun shooters (Comp dynamic folks), etc

That would have covered a wide variety of shooters who use vastly different powders to get bullets on target.

The issue with Retumbo would have been found much earlier.
Wait. We’re here, on August 6, 2024 and the powder that was just discovered to require a design tweak is…..wait for it….not 870 pulled from WW2 surplus, cuz it was “clumping”

But it was RETUMBO. A wildly popular powder.

So, the so-called beta-testers just now tested RETUMBO?

I know a fabulous beta-tester who’s a product engineer type who tested the shit out of the ST and abandoned it (not me) and was rebuffed when he offered to beta test the IP ( u know who you are)

And all the while the F-class guys were running their usual powders through it and JUST NOW….

We learn of RETUMBO issues?

FFS. Yet another SNAFU

This is what happens when you enlist confederates friends fanboys and Gavins as your “beta-testers”. More like alpha-testers

Just wait till the gamma and delta testers get their hands on it. V2,3,4,5

What I don't get is, why Retumbo? It's a pretty basic stick powder, not physically much different than H1000, H4350, etc. It doesn't have the huge kernels of say, N570, so why is there a problem with Retumbo and not the others that are physically very similar?