Ingenuity Precision trickler

You just trying to be funny now? I’d expect you’ll get it much sooner than that. Once everything is in full production then the next batch will be produced much faster.
And Please no offense intended, I am just getting back into reloading after giving it up 22 years ago. I bought the scale, and am debating getting a Harrels to do bulk throws until I can get one of these, if it was reasonably within 6 months I would wait it out and shoot other things, but it sounds longer than that. Again no offense intended, I am waiting because it looks like a good unit.

And Please no offense intended, I am just getting back into reloading after giving it up 22 years ago. I bought the scale, and am debating getting a Harrels to do bulk throws until I can get one of these, if it was reasonably within 6 months I would wait it out and shoot other things, but it sounds longer than that. Again no offense intended, I am waiting because it looks like a good unit.
No offense, just some people here act like Paul owes them something and want the unit now. No one here is out any money but Paul and trust me he wants to deliver these units as soon as he can but he doesn’t want to ship a half baked product either.

If you have a V2 or V3 Auto trickler to go with your scale then I’d recommend buying the IP powder meter till the new unit ships.

Nope I got rid of all my gear, so starting from scratch. Figured I would use a Harrells to dump and trickle to final weight. And then when the system is available sell the Harrells. That’s why I asked.

No offense, just some people here act like Paul owes them something and want the unit now. No one here is out any money but Paul and trust me he wants to deliver these units as soon as he can but he doesn’t want to ship a half baked product either.

Paul doesn’t owe us anything, huh?

Fine, but he should also not take things from us. What he took from some of us was the opportunity to make reasonable plans to use a different product back in December when he stated a February release. And he took that from us so that he could make a projection of how many units he was going to have to build - so he got something from that and we have not received anything in return.

None of us wants him to release a half-baked product

We also want him to stop releasing half-baked timelines, and shipping dates

just some people here act like Paul owes them something and want the unit now. No one here is out any money but Paul and trust me he wants to deliver these units as soon as he can but he doesn’t want to ship a half baked product either.
Now friend...I can see you got a bit testy here ^^ and I can't really blame you.

But, the release dates have been moving out or, at times, perhaps become somewhat vague. And silence will tend to bring out the anxiety in customers.

I personally appreciate your taking your time to post status updates occasionally....and, I understand that Paul needs to stay focused on design and production. But a little communication (not necessarily back and forth comms...just an posted update at regular intervals) goes a long, long way in keeping customers (and that is who is in this thread) happy when schedules are slipping. I feel I know this lesson quite well from a long career (thankfully over haha) as Program Manager in a very high tech industry.

And yes, nobody has paid any money and I honor Paul for this approach. But, don't you think that many are holding off on any other type of powder measure system awaiting this one? I am.

An old friend of mine...now sadly gone...had a phrase he used often: "All I ever wanted was more, better, faster.....NOW!" lol I could always relate to Bryce! haha

Take care and thanks for popping in and giving us updates and taking some of the heat.

Cheers

Now friend...I can see you got a bit testy here ^^ and I can't really blame you.

But, the release dates have been moving out or, at times, perhaps become somewhat vague. And silence will tend to bring out the anxiety in customers.

I personally appreciate your taking your time to post status updates occasionally....and, I understand that Paul needs to stay focused on design and production. But a little communication (not necessarily back and forth comms...just an posted update at regular intervals) goes a long, long way in keeping customers (and that is who is in this thread) happy when schedules are slipping. I feel I know this lesson quite well from a long career (thankfully over haha) as Program Manager in a very high tech industry.

And yes, nobody has paid any money and I honor Paul for this approach. But, don't you think that many are holding off on any other type of powder measure system awaiting this one? I am.

An old friend of mine...now sadly gone...had a phrase he used often: "All I ever wanted was more, better, faster.....NOW!" lol I could always relate to Bryce! haha

Take care and thanks for popping in and giving us updates and taking some of the heat.

Cheers
I’ll continue to give updates.

Paul doesn’t owe us anything, huh?

Fine, but he should also not take things from us. What he took from some of us was the opportunity to make reasonable plans to use a different product back in December when he stated a February release. And he took that from us so that he could make a projection of how many units he was going to have to build - so he got something from that and we have not received anything in return.

None of us wants him to release a half-baked product

We also want him to stop releasing half-baked timelines, and shipping dates
That’s why he did not ask for any money. If a timeline gets too bad you are out nothing. I have waited longer for many things, some of which I had money paid on ( Wilson SG 19 months, sharps 1874 27 months, custom flintlock 22 months, ect). Trust the end result is worth it.

Reactions: straightshooter1
Really trying for Dec or earlier.
To be fair, he never specified the year.
Any chance this will also support ladder loading? This is one of the best features of my ST (and the ability to repeat a load if it went wrong or whatever) and I'd love to have this flexibility.
And I'd like this answered, haven't seen anything like that or I did not pay enough attention?

Reactions: Herb Stoner

Cheers
A brief update once a month would save a ton of time answering mails asking for updates.

One thing I’ll give it to the superspiller guys, is they had the manufacturing expertise and connections to outsource some parts like the entire housing of the thing, to a place like China that can make the molds and do it right so it looked like a professional Piece of manufacturing.

One thing Paul is utterly lacking is that expertise and this is why we have a hokey ass looking 3-D printed hopper and now this windscreen

I am all about made in USA, but there are some things you simply cannot make in the USA nowadays. You entire mobile phone more or less. Personally, I would prefer to have professionally manufactured rather than this 3-D printed nonsense, especially at this price Point

Interesting, there was an explanation a while back of the backstory on the hopper and it totally made sense and to me is a selling point and the windscreen looks really good. I actually prefer the 3d printed solution but the fact is that the manufacturing industry is moving to 3D printing in almost every area. And at this price point 3d over china molded every single day!

Not to start up a debate, but just to throw out some points to consider when talking about business models with respect to our hobby suppliers. Not everyone who shoots or reads here has any business experience with China, or contracting out your stuff.

A F500 sized corporation, and most MidCap will have a substantial legal staff that burns at least several million per year. For that burden what they are typically doing is protecting the company's liabilities but also the Intellectual Property. That means detecting and prosecuting violations, which takes a significant amount of work, thus money. For some business endeavors, the legal departments burn in the hundreds of millions per year.

For a business to send it's Intellectual Property to China, without legal work to protect them, means in short order there will be knock-offs and counterfeits.

Unless the legal folks prosecute this, their profits will be eroded in short order too. You shouldn't be surprised at how low on the business radar these pirates will go to steal IP and copy it. We have all seen it.

So, keep in mind that a cottage industry sized company may or may not come from a larger business background, which brings the Rolodex full of connections and resources to get straight to state of the art manufacturing like ST did with their plastic parts. If you send out the designs without a full legal staff, and the pirates smell profit, god help you.

With that in mind, we can all wish that Ingenuity Precision was more dialed in and polished, but we can't make that happen with all the typing and complaining in the world. That escalation takes either signing away his designs, accepting business partners who take a profit, or slow growth.

That is what was meant many threads ago when folks warned beginners that cottage industry folks are not like dealing with Fortune 500 sized corporations. If you don't have the stomach for dealing with cottage industry folks, then you may need to look elsewhere or stock up on Tums. It can be very frustrating, and sometimes it can be rewarding too. YMMV Carry on.

Not to start up a debate, but just to throw out some points to consider when talking about business models with respect to our hobby suppliers. Not everyone who shoots or reads here has any business experience with China, or contracting out your stuff.

A F500 sized corporation, and most MidCap will have a substantial legal staff that burns at least several million per year. For that burden what they are typically doing is protecting the company's liabilities but also the Intellectual Property. That means detecting and prosecuting violations, which takes a significant amount of work, thus money. For some business endeavors, the legal departments burn in the hundreds of millions per year.

For a business to send it's Intellectual Property to China, without legal work to protect them, means in short order there will be knock-offs and counterfeits.

Unless the legal folks prosecute this, their profits will be eroded in short order too. You shouldn't be surprised at how low on the business radar these pirates will go to steal IP and copy it. We have all seen it.

So, keep in mind that a cottage industry sized company may or may not come from a larger business background, which brings the Rolodex full of connections and resources to get straight to state of the art manufacturing like ST did with their plastic parts. If you send out the designs without a full legal staff, and the pirates smell profit, god help you.

With that in mind, we can all wish that Ingenuity Precision was more dialed in and polished, but we can't make that happen with all the typing and complaining in the world. That escalation takes either signing away his designs, accepting business partners who take a profit, or slow growth.

That is what was meant many threads ago when folks warned beginners that cottage industry folks are not like dealing with Fortune 500 sized corporations. If you don't have the stomach for dealing with cottage industry folks, then you may need to look elsewhere or stock up on Tums. It can be very frustrating, and sometimes it can be rewarding too. YMMV Carry on.
Totally correct! In the real world I deal with intellectual property and Foreign IP theft as well as the fun of huge corporate teams. Cottage industry cater to emergent needs in very specialized areas (high end powder dispensing solutions), we enjoy the benefits and live with some of the decisions. I appreciate the IP going into the product, some of the implementation decisions are meaningless in pursuit of the bigger target.

Reactions: RegionRat and Raffy
I ordered when it opened up and I’m about 2100 orders before you. If they’re doing batches of 1000 then I’d think you’d be in the second batch for sure. Maybe Q1 of next year? Then again I haven’t been following too closely.

No update very likely means we are still nominally one to two months out

My guess is we are still waiting on essential parts without reliable information as to when they are coming

Just to offer a slightly different perspective....personally, I don't care that the powder hopper and this new wind screen are some what opaque, 3D printed parts.

It was ages and ages ago I worked for a short time with a company that made motorcycle peel-off's, visors, etc. with very large plastic injection machines. They made their own molds. It was a lot of $$ to have a mold made and a lot of dollars to maintain them and was only justified by the large quantities that were being produced and sold.

I don't blame this fella Paul for not jumping on the injection molded bandwagon from the start (and if ever). While we, on SH, are more than willing to spend this kind of dough on a powder measure system, what is the realistic market size for a product like this?

IMO, it sure as fuck isn't the average deer hunting community member, the population of which drives the bulk of rifle and ammo sales. Even including all rifle target sports participants, we are still (again, IMO) somewhat of a small niche market.

Some enterprising person may come up with a glass powder hopper at some point....but to me, its a non-issue.

Personally, I'm looking for rock solid, accurate, repeatable, and fast performance from a well integrated system/scale and if this thing ever gets released it looks like its my huckleberry.

I'm not saying others are wrong about their dissatisfaction with the 3D printed parts, we are all entitled to our own opinions (even if they are wrong! ;-) hahaha).

I just have a different view and my list of priorities for a powder drop system does not have optically clear molded plastic parts anywhere near the top.

Cheers

Last edited: