• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ingenuity Precision trickler

There are already a lot of IP tricklers out there (you can use it by dropping the bulk charge manually like I've been doing,
How do you go about doing that? Without an AT3 or 4, what are the brains/controller that run the trickler? If it's going to be several more months before delivery of the complete systems (wish we knew!) I'd be open to that as an interim solution, but I haven't understood how it would be controlled.

How do you go about doing that? Without an AT3 or 4, what are the brains/controller that run the trickler? If it's going to be several more months before delivery of the complete systems (wish we knew!) I'd be open to that as an interim solution, but I haven't understood how it would be controlled.

Reactions: Schütze
As posted above, you just need the v3 electronics for it to know when to do what. Just like when you first get the V3, you install the electronics in the back of the scale which has a speed control on it and the ports to plug into ect... You can then use the trickler by hand, with a manual thrower or ideally, like I have set up, with the V3 thrower. If you have the v3 thrower and the IP it's a very nice set up and honestly, there isn't any way to improve the basic function of it because it works extremely well.

The new thrower has new electronics which means you can save profiles, and also makes it easier to calibrate ect and it looks like it has a lot of other little nice things to it and I will be all over it for sure, but it's not going to really change my loading.

Now going from the V3 to the v3+IP was absolutely a major change in how I was able to load and the time and frustration involved with it. Definitely the best piece of gear I have which is saying a lot. I have high expectations for the whole system, whenever it does actually start shipping out.

Reactions: Schütze
You can still build an autothrow v2.5 so you don't have to manually throw charges with a little imagination and a 3d printer.
I ended up using a Lee powder measure like a V2 and printed the pulleys and housing. I used an aluminum tube from the dropper, but it's probably not 100% necessary. I use the V3 electronics and the IP dropper. Works pretty well. I may skip the new IP system altogether as I can't keep up with what I have now and it doesn't overthrow much.

Reactions: kthomas
You can still build an autothrow v2.5 so you don't have to manually throw charges with a little imagination and a 3d printer.
I ended up using a Lee powder measure like a V2 and printed the pulleys and housing. I used an aluminum tube from the dropper, but it's probably not 100% necessary. I use the V3 electronics and the IP dropper. Works pretty well. I may skip the new IP system altogether as I can't keep up with what I have now and it doesn't overthrow much.

This is what I have essentially. A V2.5. A v2 with v3 electronics, and an IP trickler.

Works great, but with N570 I have to set it up to manually throw the powder, and the trickler finishes it off.