• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes March FFP 3x-24x Tactical Scope

Re: March FFP 3x-24x Tactical Scope

I'm sure there are plenty of people that don't like the dot reticle, but there are also plenty of people that do.

Look in any IOR thread and you will see multiple posts along the lines of "past mechanical issues are worrying, but the glass is really good and the modified MP-8 dot reticle is great."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WTF , I donot beleive IT , virtually no-one likes the dot reticle , and you are going to design another one ?

Just forget the DOT ,

</div></div>

On this, we definitely disagree, which further illustrates how much individual preference vary. I really like that floating dot in the center, except I would like it to be smaller.

ILya

My first scope was a B&L Balvar8a with a tapered reticle .
I also have an old 12 x leupold with that reticle.

I really want to buy a 2.5-25 but don't like any of the reticles offered at this time .
That is the only reason that I do not have one now.

I had the begining of a design of a tapered reticle with a small gap in the center for a .3 dot .

Then March comes out with this FFP 3x-24x Tactical Scope
and the new reticle concept - I have decided to buy one now.

I like the dot -just somewhat smaller.

I am very impressed with the considerable effort involved by everyone to get this right the first time.

The reticle is the hard part to do I believe.

Hobbie Bond was great to deal with when I bought my March 40 X .
It was an enjoyable experiance -I actually had a lot of fun.

There was a moment of extreme panic when I received that March scope at Canada Post .

The extra scope caps rattled slightly when I shook the box at the post office.
It didn't take very long to get home and open the box to check.

Hey just some extra lens covers - whew!

Glenn
grin.gif

fxurf4.jpg

I received some first drafts of some designs with your feedback put into them.

They have 15 MILS on the bottom post, numbered every other line (ie. 2,4,6,etc.)as well as the side posts with 5 MILS numbered every other line.
The two side posts and top post have 1 MIL with .2 MIL gradients as they go into the tapered black posts.
The dot is now a 1/10th MIL dot. Which is the smallest line and/or dot that can be made with the magnification ratio.

Once i get a final drawing I will post it up!

Thanks guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received some first drafts of some designs with your feedback put into them.

They have 15 MILS on the bottom post, numbered every other line (ie. 2,4,6,etc.)as well as the side posts with 5 MILS numbered every other line.
The two side posts and top post have 1 MIL with .2 MIL gradients as they go into the tapered black posts.
The dot is now a 1/10th MIL dot. Which is the smallest line and/or dot that can be made with the magnification ratio.

Thanks guys! </div></div>

Sounds right up my alley!

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

On this, we definitely disagree, which further illustrates how much individual preference vary. I really like that floating dot in the center, except I would like it to be smaller.

ILya</div></div>

Totally agree on both points.

As far as I am concerned the dot reticle has more application on the lit reticle model than the non-lit .

As I like the smaller size & cost of the non-lit reticle model , thats the one I am interested in .

To me there was nothing wrong with the SPF mil based reticle , as long as the thickness is balanced & appropiate .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I received some first drafts of some designs with your feedback put into them.

Thanks guys! </div></div>

Hello Ian,

Sounds a lot better than the posted version. My only concern is the with .1 Mil reticle lines they with be .04 thicker that the already clunky Vortex. To put this in perspective the PH 5-25 dot is .1 mil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

I am really liking the feedback and info we are getting from you. This is why we put this stuff out here, is to get your opinion. I was talking today to a designer and we both agree that the dot is too big. We will be able to get some ideas from you guys, by showing you our ideas. The main basis for this scope is for quick tactical shooting/ man size targets. We use SFP scopes for precision paper, because the reticle is always thin. Using a FFP scope to punch paper really makes no sense to me. I see this scope as a great scope for shooting steel as well as hunting and or larger targets.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I am really trying to grasp what you guys want from a scope?</span> The problem with an 8x magnification ratio, is the extreme growth of the reticle. It is very hard to make a reticle that is great at 3x and at 24x.

March plans on designing new reticles for this scope as well, but we need feedback first on the reticles and what is needed.

Thanks,
Ian </div></div>

Ian,

I and others I'm sure,consider rksimple the best tactical shooter here out west.He and a few cohorts opinions and input would be invaluable to you.My advice...begin communication with someone who knows what most of us(tactical match shooters)would like in a reticle.

IMO,the only time I dial my FFP scopes all the way down to lowest power is when I'm shooting through the chrono.In other words,very rarely is it necessary on a one way range.

</div></div>

Thanks Steve. That means a lot coming from you.

Ian, I'll send you a PM. I'd really like to put some ideas out there. The FFP market is huge and a great reticle is all we're waiting for.

The reason why we need to punch paper with FFP optics is because there are many different COF's at any given match. I could have a fast steel stage followed by a paper KYL stage with a 1/4 moa dot as the smallest target. The best all around optic is FFP, and like Steve said, despite the magnification range, I never go below 8-10x. Except maybe when I have a 10-15 yard stage where my scope won't focus that close, and shooting at 3x allows at least a minimum focus. Making the optic focus at 10M or so should help immensely with that. </div></div>

Your welcome RK,just giving credit where credit is do
smile.gif

"I think" the new March 3-24 FFP focuses down to 10Y ??? Hopefully anyways!

Ian,

Here's a thread I started with some pics of the IOR MP8 reticle in some FFP 6-24x56 at different magnifications.The dot and reticle up to the posts are .1 mil thick.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1974506&page=1

24X,yes I know the picture sucks
grin.gif

DSC00559.jpg

Maybe others could post some through the scope pics of other manufacturers reticles in their 5-25 FFP scopes for comparison and commentary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex .06 Mil
PH G2XR - .025 Mill
New March - .1 Mill (TBA)

</div></div>

The MP8-A5 reticle in John Boyette's IOR reticle also has that 0.1mrad dot, so I have a fair amount of mileage with it in the three IOR scopes I've had hands on time with: 3-18x42, 3.5-18x50 and 6-24x56. While the lines do get a bit thick at high mag, I always thought that the fact the dot is floating with open space around it helps with precise aiming. It seemed like a good compromise between visibility and precision. Then again, you are a better shot than I am.

Still, I remember when I was testing the 6-24x56 IOR side-by-side with the Razor (with EBR2 reticle), I slightly preferred the open center of MP8-A5.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

I am really liking the feedback and info we are getting from you. This is why we put this stuff out here, is to get your opinion. I was talking today to a designer and we both agree that the dot is too big. We will be able to get some ideas from you guys, by showing you our ideas. The main basis for this scope is for quick tactical shooting/ man size targets. We use SFP scopes for precision paper, because the reticle is always thin. Using a FFP scope to punch paper really makes no sense to me. I see this scope as a great scope for shooting steel as well as hunting and or larger targets.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I am really trying to grasp what you guys want from a scope?</span> The problem with an 8x magnification ratio, is the extreme growth of the reticle. It is very hard to make a reticle that is great at 3x and at 24x.

March plans on designing new reticles for this scope as well, but we need feedback first on the reticles and what is needed.

Thanks,
Ian </div></div>

Ian,

I and others I'm sure,consider rksimple the best tactical shooter here out west.He and a few cohorts opinions and input would be invaluable to you.My advice...begin communication with someone who knows what most of us(tactical match shooters)would like in a reticle.

IMO,the only time I dial my FFP scopes all the way down to lowest power is when I'm shooting through the chrono.In other words,very rarely is it necessary on a one way range.

</div></div>

Thanks Steve. That means a lot coming from you.

Ian, I'll send you a PM. I'd really like to put some ideas out there. The FFP market is huge and a great reticle is all we're waiting for.

The reason why we need to punch paper with FFP optics is because there are many different COF's at any given match. I could have a fast steel stage followed by a paper KYL stage with a 1/4 moa dot as the smallest target. The best all around optic is FFP, and like Steve said, despite the magnification range, I never go below 8-10x. Except maybe when I have a 10-15 yard stage where my scope won't focus that close, and shooting at 3x allows at least a minimum focus. Making the optic focus at 10M or so should help immensely with that. </div></div>

Your welcome RK,just giving credit where credit is do
smile.gif

"I think" the new March 3-24 FFP focuses down to 10Y ??? Hopefully anyways!

Ian,

Here's a thread I started with some pics of the IOR MP8 reticle in some FFP 6-24x56 at different magnifications.The dot and reticle up to the posts are .1 mil thick.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1974506&page=1

24X,yes I know the picture sucks
grin.gif

DSC00559.jpg

Maybe others could post some through the scope pics of other manufacturers reticles in their 5-25 FFP scopes for comparison and commentary.
</div></div>
Guys, I started the precision thing with smallbore when I was 12 or 13. When I got my own rifle and equipped it with front and rear aperture sights, I discovered on one winter afternoon that it was stupidly easy to hit tiny glass shards reflecting in the sun at 100+ yards *because I could just center the tiny aiming point in the center of the front sights "ring".

We're talking 1 MOA or smaller targets with iron sights.

We're talking the continued tradition of Olympic shooters consistently hitting a dime-size 10-ring (slightly less, actually) at 50 meters, with iron sights.

Personally, I'd prefer a crosshair that is interrupted, without that pesky dot. For high magnification, a little extension of the crosshairs by 0.2 mil "inside" the .5-mill hashmark should allow some pretty precise centering on even a pinprick aiming point, NEVER obscure anything, and also allow a reasonably thick crosshair just because it never obscures anything at the center.

But I'm also with everyone who wants 10 or more mills down on the vertical crosshair. Holdover to 1,000 yards is nice, to meters is better, so I could be persuaded to a full 15. WITH numbers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex .06 Mil
PH G2XR - .025 Mill

</div></div>

The MP8-A5 reticle in John Boyette's IOR reticle also has that 0.1mrad dot, so I have a fair amount of mileage with it in the three IOR scopes I've had hands on time with: 3-18x42, 3.5-18x50 and 6-24x56. While the lines do get a bit thick at high mag, I always thought that the fact the dot is floating with open space around it helps with precise aiming. It seemed like a good compromise between visibility and precision. Then again, you are a better shot than I am.

Still, I remember when I was testing the 6-24x56 IOR side-by-side with the Razor (with EBR2 reticle), I slightly preferred the open center of MP8-A5.

ILya </div></div>

And I prefer the EBR 2 to the MP8-A5. It's too thick for my tastes. Remember, some people *do* shoot at small things using holdovers. I understand why John Boyette designed that reticle like that, but .1 mil is FAT. It was probaly one of the major factors when I chose the Razor over the IOR.

If the EBR 2 were .04 mil with a .25-.4 mil aiming dot and 15 mil holdover, it would be perfect for *me* (and piss off everybody else
wink.gif
)

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex .06 Mil
PH G2XR - .025 Mill

</div></div>

ILya </div></div>

And I prefer the EBR 2 to the MP8-A5. It's too thick for my tastes. Remember, some people *do* shoot at small things using holdovers. I understand why John Boyette designed that reticle like that, but .1 mil is FAT. It was probaly one of the major factors when I chose the Razor over the IOR.

If the EBR 2 were .04 mil with a .25-.4 mil aiming dot and 15 mil holdover, it would be perfect for *me* (and piss off everybody else
wink.gif
)

John </div></div>

That makes total sense. I do not use holdover on small targets a whole lot, so my preferences are a bit different. I prefer to dial whenever possible, so I like the aiming dot.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex .06 Mil
PH G2XR - .025 Mill

</div></div>

ILya </div></div>

wink.gif
)

John </div></div>

That makes total sense. I do not use holdover on small targets a whole lot, so my preferences are a bit different. <span style="font-weight: bold">I prefer to dial whenever possible</span>, so I like the aiming dot.

ILya </div></div>

I do too, ILya. But when the wind is changing and I just shot 1/2 mil or 1 mil low, I'm NOT going to take the time to dial. A thinner reticle just gives more flexibility for fast follow-ups, IMHO.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ILya </div></div>

wink.gif
)

John </div></div>

That makes total sense. I do not use holdover on small targets a whole lot, so my preferences are a bit different. <span style="font-weight: bold">I prefer to dial whenever possible</span>, so I like the aiming dot.

ILya </div></div>

I do too, ILya. But when the wind is changing and I just shot 1/2 mil or 1 mil low, I'm NOT going to take the time to dial. A thinner reticle just gives more flexibility for fast follow-ups, IMHO.

John
</div></div>

Interesting.

So for that style of shooting, you might be best served with thin lines and hollow circles instead of dots or hashmarks.

Perhaps, you posted it elsewhere already, but which currently available reticle is your favourite, John?

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> -snip-

So for that style of shooting, you might be best served with thin lines and hollow circles instead of dots or hashmarks.

Perhaps, you posted it elsewhere already, but which currently available reticle is your favourite, John?

ILya </div></div>

Actually, I *really* dislike the hollow mildots. Not sure exactly why, but I prefer a bisection.

The best reticle on the market for *my* tastes today would be the PM Gen 2 XR.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> -snip-

ILya </div></div>

Actually, I *really* dislike the hollow mildots. Not sure exactly why, but I prefer a bisection.

The best reticle on the market for *my* tastes today would be the PM Gen 2 XR.

John</div></div>

All right! I think we actually agree on something here!

With scopes, I do not particularly like aiming with hollow dots or totally open spaces for some unknown reason.

It is even weirder because with iron sights, I am easily most comfortable with my M28-76 that has front and rear apertures. Go figure.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

I am really trying to grasp what you guys want from a scope? The problem with an 8x magnification ratio, is the extreme growth of the reticle. It is very hard to make a reticle that is great at 3x and at 24x.

Thanks,
Ian </div></div>

Ian,

Are you going to be offering more than one reticle choice ?

Seems to me that's the best way to get around your dilemma with the 8x mag range.For those that would prefer to see the reticle at 3x-4x is do a .1 mil or so reticle.For those that aren't worried about dialing the scope down that far offer a fine reticle,at least fine in the center portion of the reticle.

March will offer more than one reticle in time. We are really trying to get useable reticles that people like, which takes time. We do not want a bunch of choices and most of them be junk.

The line thickness dilemma is that we cannot make anything smaller than .1MIL thickness due to the power range. We are etching lines onto the glass that is only .002mm distance between hashes. It is not mechanically possible to make anything smaller with today's machinery.

I will have the new design posted shortly. It will be the first offered reticle.

Thanks,
Ian

Ian-
When you say .002mm between hashes, are you talking about the space between the lines, or the width of each line? If the former, making the lines thinner should increase the distance between lines.

FML-1-3x-24xMarchReticle.jpg

Here is the base reticle For the March F 3x-24x. We used alot of your ideas to make a simple base type reticle. We will add reticles as more designs are made.

Thank you!

Ian,

Are the center lines also .1 Mil thick? When holding wind the lines tend to cover more than the dot does so please make sure they're not any more than .1 Mil.

If that's the case, the reticle will work very well as the IOR is already proven to do so. Yes, thicker than it needs to be (especially with illumination; the original IOR reticle was designed to be useful without) and thicker than many want, but for most uses it'll work well.

Thanks for listening to board input on this, the original .25 Mil dot would have been a tragedy.

That reticle looks perfect to me! Are the scopes still going to be available in April? Are you taking preorders? Is there a special introductory SH price?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maladat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you taking preorders? Is there a special introductory SH price?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I think it is not a bad idea to lock up the orders and deposits for those that may defect to SB 3-20.

We are taking preorders for this scope! The deposit is $200. We will be receiving the scopes in mid-late April 2011! They will be available illuminated for $2850 and non-illuminated for $2230. BTW the lines are .08MIL thick.

Thank you guys again for the input. We are proud to say that we really try to listen to those that are using the product. We cannot build the best scopes without your support and insight!

-Ian

Well, I think I know where some of my enlistment bonus is going. This scope looks extremely promising, especially with that tweaked reticle. I love this website for that reason. Someone proposes an idea, qualified and experienced people say they'd like to see this and that changed, and it happens. Awesome!

Very nice little scope , but I will be staying with S&B PMIIs , and when they offer this scope with std S&B direction turrets ( CW ) , and offer a different reticle ( ie a type with out a dot in the center & fill in the 4 to 5 mil gap in the horinzontal cross hair ) , I might be more interested .

As this is not a cheap scope , I will not be parting with any of my money , until its much closer to what I actually want , if that makes any sense .

On a slightly different angle , is there plans to make a moa FFP model scope ?

Later Chris

Chris and anyone that wants a custom reticle. March will make custom reticles just for you! The set-up for a reticle is $3000. They will put anything that you have designed into this scope.

Since they are a small company (they make only 800-1200 scopes a year) they cannot have huge overhead of options and reticles, they would not be able to stay afloat. This is a good thing because the scopes are made by hand, but it is also a pinchpoint for many different choices that other companies offer.

There are no plans of an MOA scope in FFP, you are the first to even ask about one.

I do not see that happening, unless you want to deal with the licensing of the reticles. Plus the reticle cutting would then be out of the hands of March. Horus charges a lot of money to use their reticles and they will not let you make the reticles outside of their facility.

Ian, You will have a check for the 3k today for the reticle if you can get me a .04 and .02mil line thickness
smile.gif

Really I love my 2.5x25 and might just go with a 2nd SFP scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not see that happening, unless you want to deal with the licensing of the reticles. Plus the reticle cutting would then be out of the hands of March. Horus charges a lot of money to use their reticles and they will not let you make the reticles outside of their facility. </div></div>

I figured as much. That's probably why Premier charges so much for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are taking preorders for this scope! The deposit is $200. We will be receiving the scopes in mid-late April 2011! They will be available illuminated for $2850 and non-illuminated for $2230. BTW the lines are <span style="font-weight: bold">.08MIL thick</span>.</div></div>

OK, that'll work. I know it's thicker than they need to be and many want, but that'll work for anything I'd do with the scope. Deposit on the way! Of course I think I'd like the reticle better with only the center dot illuminated, but that's just nit-picking....
wink.gif

Unless, of course, only illuminating the center dot meant you can make the center lines thinner. You might want to check and see if that's the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian, You will have a check for the 3k today for the reticle if you can get me a .04 and .02mil line thickness
smile.gif
</div></div>

I'd even split it with you...

Or just make a scope without quite the magnification range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian, You will have a check for the 3k today for the reticle if you can get me a .04 and .02mil line thickness
smile.gif
</div></div>

Or just make a scope without quite the magnification range. </div></div>

This would seem to be the answer. You already have the lightweight segment nailed down. Trying to do really wide range in an FFP, seems to be a big compromise. Either a 3-18 or 4-20 would be great in this package size and weight.

John

What's killing the finer lines in the reticle isn't the big magnification range, it's objective focal length, so in order to get finer lines, you'd have to sacrifice compactness (and loose elevation/windage adjustment range at the same time, or move to a bigger tube, which also kind of works against compactness).

I know it sucks, but this is just physical laws at work and they suck roughly the same for every manufacturer.

I tried to call Kelbly's today to put in my deposit, didn't realize they were Eastern time zone or that they close at 3:30 and missed 'em by five minutes.

I'm getting one but I don't have much to provide comparisons with.

Its already a expensive scope , so another 3k for a custon reticle , ah NO , the stuff I am asking for is almost the International default , ie S&B std stuff , ie knob direction & type of reticle , OPPs .

By the time March find that out , I am betting Night Force will have a compact 40mm Objective , 30mm tube scope out , in the 3-18 range .

Cheers Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian, You will have a check for the 3k today for the reticle if you can get me a .04 and .02mil line thickness
smile.gif
</div></div>

Or just make a scope without quite the magnification range. </div></div>

I'd "almost"
wink.gif
consider a 3 way split but I'd seriously send a deposit off if we could get another 7 or so people involved.

Ian, I am not joking... If you can make a reticle that is .04 with a .02 center crosshair or maybe even open I will but the check in the mail today for the scope and reticle.

Charlie,
They are looking at the reticle right now. They will let me know if it is possible to do. I'll let you know ASAP.

As far as the direction of knobs, we are not changing the standard. This is the first and only request we have had for knob direction. Please if you want me to look into the stuff, please explain it, no abbreviations either! What do you want in knobs, what do you want in reticle. Short descriptions does nothing for me to help you get the product that you want. What is an OPP?