model 700 TACT XCR reviews

Maxpower

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2009
central PA
Figured I might as well jump right in w/ both feet here.... been lurking for awhile now, have been contemplating getting rid of the custom 7mm-08 and replacing it w/ a med. - long range tactical stick that can feed from the 7.62 stock pile....SOOOOO I would like to hear some pros and cons of breaking in a new Remington XCR w/ 26" barrel to fill the bill? I have/had several 7/700 actions in the past and an familiar and comfortable w/ the ergonomics/control layouts. The aftermarket supprt/accessories is another no-brainer towards "Big Green" but I'd really like to hear from someone who has sent some pills down the pipe in person or someone make me an offer on a good rifle I can't refuse(I have an extra Springfield Bush/scout -85k serial range, all USGI, I can trade/sell/whatever towards a bolt gun
whistle.gif
)
Punching holes in paper, whistlepigs and occassional deer out to 600m would be its primary function. What do you think? Thanks!

Re: model 700 TACT XCR reviews

Welcome to the Hide. Please fill out your profile before the moderator comes by.

This topic has been discussed thoroughly on many occasions. You can use the search function (advanced) you will see plenty of threads on this very particular rifle.

In short, you will not be disappointed with it to say the least whether using manufactured match ammo, or hand loading. Good luck.

The general consensus is that the XCR Tactical is a pretty good factory offering from Remington. There are several threads on this forum about it. The TriNyte finish is really nice and the rifle shoots pretty good too. I own one....haven't shot it very much....but was pleasantly surprised with it's accuracy and fit/finish out of the box.

I really like my XCR Compact Tactical. If I had to pick one thing I didn't like it would be the B&C Medalist stock. The sling studs turn out all the time and if you tighten them too much it just where into the stock. I have solved this problem though with the acquisition of a McMillan HTG M40A1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like my XCR Compact Tactical. If I had to pick one thing I didn't like it would be the B&C Medalist stock. The sling studs turn out all the time and if you tighten them too much it just where into the stock. I have solved this problem though with the acquisition of a McMillan HTG M40A1. </div></div>

I totally agree about the stock. I don't like the B&C afterall. The rifle itself can shoot. Just ditch the stock...

Picture085.jpg

A cheaper solution is a drop or two of 5 minute epoxy on the threads of the sling studs. Had the same problem with my XCR Compact Tactical. Emailed B&C and that was their suggestion. Sling studs seem very solid now. Of course on a new rifle that shouldn't be necessary but even with my 10 thumbs I managed to fix it easily.