Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1729020811176.png

I like Elijah well enough but I don't like chasing batches, I wish you luck.

Blanton's ... I had a bottle I was sipping on a while back I picked up for $60-something then a guy came over and flipped out begging for the "honor" of a taste ... I was confused then he started explaining the horses and the obsession with collecting them so I checked the price and I don't drink Blanton's anymore.

Same thing happened with Balvenie 21, last bottle I bought was sub $70 and when I went to replace it the price was $125+ ...

I have no idea what the price is on either of them anymore.
The bourbon rabbit hole almost as deep as the pew pew buying. Secondary markets have made some things simply absurd to seek out. I’m sitting on 100 or so bottles. All opened, some duplicates saved for when those run out. If I buy it or win it, we drinking it. Pop em!

Edit: some reason my pic won’t post due to size?!?

Lol, I've seen that very car in person. Extra mufflers are to make sound restrictions for Laguna Seca. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff hung off the back of cars there over the years in the name of keeping things quiet enough not to get black flagged for noise. Someone else I knew used what looked like a small pellet smoker bolted to the back bumper of their 69 Camaro to keep it under the noise limit, the stock exhaust tips dumped into it and he could attach and remove it in about 5 minutes. Looked weird but did the job.

Very annoying that the people in the houses that were built long after the track was there are constantly complaining about the preexisting situation they chose to move into and are always trying to get the track shut down. At least the county tossed the latest lawsuit...

If I have, I honestly can’t recall.. I know I’ve never personally bought a bottle.

Rules: Pending cam phaser replacement #4 for my ‘18 Raptor with 112K miles, and now out of warranty motivated me to buy a two-post lift today, so I can do a cab-off engine and transmission R&R.

It’ll get installed late next week, and I’ll post pics at that time, but here are the dimensions:

IMG_5386.jpeg

Only explanation I can think of for that abomination is that he signed up for a very expensive, non-refundable track day, and then found out they had a Decibel limit that he exceeded, so he had to “install” a temp work aroumd.

Rules:

i-VpRSHLT-X4.jpg

Lol, I've seen that very car in person. Extra mufflers are to make sound restrictions for Laguna Seca. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff hung off the back of cars there over the years in the name of keeping things quiet enough not to get black flagged for noise. Someone else I knew used what looked like a small pellet smoker bolted to the back bumper of their 69 Camaro to keep it under the noise limit, the stock exhaust tips dumped into it and he could attach and remove it in about 5 minutes. Looked weird but did the job.

Very annoying that the people in the houses that were built long after the track was there are constantly complaining about the preexisting situation they chose to move into and are always trying to get the track shut down. At least the county tossed the latest lawsuit...
Laughs in airplane owner. Fuck people that move next to an existing noise maker (track airport gun range) and then get it shut down.

Laughs in airplane owner. Fuck people that move next to an existing noise maker (track airport gun range) and then get it shut down.
True. But Laguna Seca brings its' own kind of stupid to the table. Laguna Seca shares real estate with the County's rifle and pistol range, and the Monterey Peninsula International Airport is less than 5 miles down the road. The people who built up in between all that are trying to get all three shut down.

Reactions: jmp1 and rduckwor