Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Acid GIFs, October 16 (25 gifs)

If I have, I honestly can’t recall.. I know I’ve never personally bought a bottle.

Rules: Pending cam phaser replacement #4 for my ‘18 Raptor with 112K miles, and now out of warranty motivated me to buy a two-post lift today, so I can do a cab-off engine and transmission R&R.

It’ll get installed late next week, and I’ll post pics at that time, but here are the dimensions:

View attachment 8525036
Pissed away money on some stupid shit.....but a lift is the best money you'll ever spend.
20161204_123219.jpg

Haven’t seen. Will seek out. Is it any good?
Actually not bad.

It’s his recipe that he made so it’s not as refined ..but he had balls of steel

Every year they make a small batch. I didn’t even know about it until I was in DC on business and took a side trip to Vernon.

Hope on the back end of a special tour, figured out who was the important guy in the crook and magically I got a bottle for myself and older brother

RANDOM STUFF TIME

Fun fact: EACH of the places featured in this multipanel livestream camera feed below once had a Knights Templar and Hospitaller commandery along with a squadron of elite Templar warriors assigned to protect them.

Listening to a podcast and they were explaining the first crusade and how both sides had to change tactics.

Muzzies thought they’d bog down the knights in the marsh lands but muzzie bow strings were a natural fiber that apparently lost its power when moist.

They couldn’t figure out why the bows we inaccurate etc. yet back at camp when the tested them the penetration was there

I chopped it down, but was a great listen. And I’m not a podcast fan in general.

Uunfortunately I'm fairly familiar with the area and it's people. I've worked all over that area in the late 90s. Working for PG&E...you really get a taste of people at their worst. Recently did some flying down there....pretentious pricks is the best description. An earthquake would be a good start.
True. But Laguna Seca brings its' own kind of stupid to the table. Laguna Seca shares real estate with the County's rifle and pistol range, and the Monterey Peninsula International Airport is less than 5 miles down the road. The people who built up in between all that are trying to get all three shut down.

Reactions: Aftermath and Modoc
Uunfortunately I'm fairly familiar with the area and it's people. I've worked all over that area in the late 90s. Working for PG&E...you really get a taste of people at their worst. Recently did some flying down there....pretentious pricks is the best description. An earthquake would be a good start.
Followed by a huge Tsunami for the flush.

Repeat ad nauseum north along the same longitude to Canada.

Reactions: brianf and 91Eunozs
I like Elijah well enough but I don't like chasing batches, I wish you luck.

I feel the same way about the Jefferson’s ocean cask aged batches… or ‘Voyages’ as they call them. Very hit or miss for me from one ‘voyage’ to the next. The only one that I really, really liked was Voyage 23, but think that batch was finished last year.

No idea what number they’re up to now, but I’d buy the smallest bottle available to taste test before going all in on a new batch; some were excellent, some just plain sucked.

Jeff’s Presidential Select OTOH is always nice…highly recommended. Alas, I polished off my last bottle of that several months ago, but I do still have most of a bottle of their Grand Reserve, finished in red wine barrels.

i-x2RxdJR-X4.jpg

It’s very good, but I still liked the Presidential Select better.

Edit: Just looked up the price, and I think I had those two reversed…Presidential is a lot more expensive than the Grand Selection. Hell, some are going for Pappy Van Winkle money! I know I didn’t spend $1,700+ a bottle on mine though. :eek:

It’s been a couple years since I bought one, but know they were all well under $150 a bottle… Guess I should have bought a few more!

Last edited:
Reactions: MPrimo and doubloon