• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MPA Enhanced Verticle Grip fits Cadex....... just be careful.

Grog11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Anthem, Arizona
As the title suggests, I modified the MPA handle for the Cadex by sanding the JUNK out of it. Only, I went too far. So, there is a collar at the top of the grip (referring to the hand part, not the finger part), that pertrudes and keeps it from fitting, so you have to remove it. And, if you look down from the top, you’ll see a little flat shelf that may look like it’s the height that would be required for chassis other than the MPA. It’s not. Please note that you’ll need to leave a little lip there still, and you can see about how much judging by the gap in my handiwork. For my next trick, I’ll be building it back up with some epoxy.
B3D41E4E-CD06-4A6F-AF39-E184D8545B03.jpegB3D41E4E-CD06-4A6F-AF39-E184D8545B03.jpeg

Reactions: Rover31
Thanks for the tip! A quick google search says it sets to a rubber-like texture (still bendable). Is that your experience? I’m going for something rigid so as to support any accidental torque applied to the handle (I don’t plan on regularly apply any large pressure to the grip).

Yeah, it sets like a hard silicon/smooth rubber. Goes on like play-doh, cures overnight. I used it for this exact purpose(MPA Vertical grip on an MDT chassis), works great.

Yeah, it sets like a hard silicon/smooth rubber. Goes on like play-doh, cures overnight. I used it for this exact purpose(MPA Vertical grip on an MDT chassis), works great.

What MDT chassis did you modify your MPA grip for? Ive got an ESS chassis on the way and have been considering ordering a couple MPA grips, one to mod for the ESS and one for my MPA chassis (before it came standard)

I made a similar mistake with my MPA grip. I emailed MPA just now to see if they have plans to release a grip that doesn't require modifications for non-MPA chassis's. I'm using an Anarchy Outdoors vertical grip now, but I'd like to use the MPA on another rifle and I don't want to modify anything.