Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Tr2id is available with DTII+?
Yes, that's what mine is.

It was pre-ordered before they were even officially announced, but I believe they are showing them as a stock item now (at EO). I ordered in March and it was delivered in June. Edit: nope, they are only showing the "0.5cm" (0.05mil/click) DTII+ TR2ID on their site right now, but if you call you can certainly order one with the normal "1cm" (0.1mil/clidk) DTII+ turrets like I have. I used quotations on those designations because I hate how SB uses metric terminology on turret designations for what is really an angular measurement, and not metric.

TR2ID is currently only available in 6-36x and 10-60x according to Jerry, but will probably find its way to other PMIIs in the future. I have a 5-25x with H2CMR reticle in for a repair with them right now, and inquired about the possibility of changing it to a TR2ID while they have it, but it is not an option on 5-25 for now.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what mine is.

Edit: nope, they are only showing the "0.5cm" (0.05mil/click) DTII+ TR2ID on their site right now, but if you call you can certainly order one with the normal "1cm" (0.1mil/clidk) DTII+ turrets like I have. I used quotations on those designations because I hate how SB uses metric terminology on turret designations for what is really an angular measurement, and not metric.
I was bothered by that too but seeing how 0.1 mils is 1.000000003 cm at 100 m, I'll let it slide. It's safe to say 0.1 mils and 1 cm @ 100 m are effectively interchangeable with regard to rifle scopes...unlike the situation for the MOA counterparts.

For the MTII turrets, it seems like the only reasonable approach...you want the numbers on the scope where they are with a reasonably large font size but without seeming too cluttered. The additional characters required to show the units as 0.05 mrad for all 16 numbers per rotation would make it seem even more cluttered with numbers on top of each other unless the font was shrunk.

After coming to terms with that, I stopped having a preference on the mrad vs cm markings.

• Love
Reactions: vh20 and W54/XM-388
I was bothered by that too but seeing how 0.1 mils is 1.000000003 cm at 100 m, I'll let it slide. It's safe to say 0.1 mils and 1 cm @ 100 m are effectively interchangeable with regard to rifle scopes...unlike the situation for the MOA counterparts.

For the MTII turrets, it seems like the only reasonable approach...you want the numbers on the scope where they are with a reasonably large font size but without seeming too cluttered. The additional characters required to show the units as 0.05 mrad for all 16 numbers per rotation would make it seem even more cluttered with numbers on top of each other unless the font was shrunk.

After coming to terms with that, I stopped having a preference on the mrad vs cm markings.
Excellent point I hadn’t thought of. I was just talking about the nomenclature in the model numbers without regard to turret markings, and I haven’t looked at one in person, but I can see where that would necessary.

Indeed it is clutered with numbers and yes the numbering can be confusing ( 10th of mil, rather than the classic mil - 1 mil become 10 10th of mil).

But personally I view them as 8 mil turret VS my previous 10 mil turret ZCO. And I like it.

the turret has the right dimensions for rotating it. The clicks are amazing in my opinion.

The FOV ( non US) is perfect.

Screenshot_20240727_233727_VLC.jpg

Reactions: wooferocau
Indeed it is clutered with numbers and yes the numbering can be confusing ( 10th of mil, rather than the classic mil - 1 mil become 10 10th of mil).

But personally I view them as 8 mil turret VS my previous 10 mil turret ZCO. And I like it.

the turret has the right dimensions for rotating it. The clicks are amazing in my opinion.

The FOV ( non US) is perfect.

View attachment 8467624
It is a busy turret for certain but I can see why it was done this way. I would have to physically see one before I would go that way.

You say the clicks are amazing. Can you elaborate? Would you say that they are as crisp and precise as the clicks on the ZCO or TT?

It is a busy turret for certain but I can see why it was done this way. I would have to physically see one before I would go that way.

You say the clicks are amazing. Can you elaborate? Would you say that they are as crisp and precise as the clicks on the ZCO or TT?
Imo the dtii+ and mtt turrets are money. Zco feels softer but definitely a solid detent but I hate the turret lock and how they zero.

The tt is closer in feel imo to the dtii/mtt. The SB is more slightly more audible and very distinct. You can feel and hear each click... Very crisp. The ability to quickly lock and turn mtc on off is so nice

Tt are slightly more spaced apart not quite as tactile maybe is how I would describe it but seriously splitting hairs for sure. Tt turrets are pretty awesome.

Maybe I can take a video comparing them but @Long Range 338 can also comment.

@GBMaryland has both so you two just have to meet your October commitments…

I still take TT over SB, but if you want a locking the DT II+ are probably the best on the market. ZCO is better than say NF, but they’re not as consistent or good as TT or SB DT II+.

Never seen a TT in my like, even less touched one. So I can't compare.

But compares to my ZCO, it is sharper, very crispy with less turret friction. Not much effort required to turn it.

Saying this, of find my ZCO turret very good . But this one is even better.

Wait what?

1 MIL is 1cm at 100m

0.1 MIL is 1mm at 100m

I don’t know where you’re getting 1.00000000003

Last edited:
I am a HUGE fan of the MT .5cm turrets... it is my preference on all of my S&B scopes. The feel of the clicks is superb , besting everything i have including TT..

I have just ordered the S&B 5-45 PM2 High Power with the MT .5cm option, i imaging it will be the same as the others...which is top notch!!

Attachments

• 20240510_144634.jpg
    20240510_144634.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240530_160940.jpg
    20240530_160940.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: JER6.5
Wait what?

1 MIL is 1cm at 100m

0.1 MIL is 1mm at 100 yards

I don’t know where you’re getting 1.00000000003

I think you might have transposed a digit.

Essentially 0.1 mil is 1CM at 100M BUT not like perfectly exactly, but close enough to be correct for all general shooting intents and purposes.
Hence on the S&B scopes essentially the turrents each click (0.1 mil) being labeled as either 1CM/100M or 0.1 mil is essentially the same thing.

Kind of useful to know when you are sighting in rifles at fixed distances using grid paper.

Imo the dtii+ and mtt turrets are money. Zco feels softer but definitely a solid detent but I hate the turret lock and how they zero.

The tt is closer in feel imo to the dtii/mtt. The SB is more slightly more audible and very distinct. You can feel and hear each click... Very crisp. The ability to quickly lock and turn mtc on off is so nice

Tt are slightly more spaced apart not quite as tactile maybe is how I would describe it but seriously splitting hairs for sure. Tt turrets are pretty awesome.

Maybe I can take a video comparing them but @Long Range 338 can also comment.
You can’t trust @Huskydriver he is too much of a fanboi…..

The TT are the best turrets hands down but those DTII+ turrets are nothing short of excellent as well! So even tho he is fanboing, in this case he is correct..

1722199725520.gif

Ok, just some info in case anybody is interested:
when folks say 1 mil, what they actually mean is 1 milliradian, which is an angle measurement.
1 milliradian is 1/1000 th radian, which is an angle of 1/1000th of 180/pi degrees, which is 0.057295779513082 degrees.
So 0.1 mil = 0.005729577951308 degrees.
So if you adjust your scope by 0.1 mil, you are actually drawing a right triangle with the paper target at whatever distance.

Example for target at 100m:
Angle of your zero shift = 0.1 mil
Distance to target = 100 meters
Zero shift on the target = x
IMG_20240729_095739.jpg

Ok, just some info in case anybody is interested:
when folks say 1 mil, what they actually mean is 1 milliradian, which is an angle measurement.
1 milliradian is 1/1000 th radian, which is an angle of 1/1000th of 180/pi degrees, which is 0.057295779513082 degrees.
So 0.1 mil = 0.005729577951308 degrees.
So if you adjust your scope by 0.1 mil, you are actually drawing a right triangle with the paper target at whatever distance.

Example for target at 100m:
Angle of your zero shift = 0.1 mil
Distance to target = 100 meters
Zero shift on the target = x
View attachment 8468528
I can shoot the difference.

I finally got to shoot my 6-36 S&B on my .308 bolt gun. Very crystal clear glass. Huge eyebox. I can actually get behind the scope on 30-36x without any trouble. The P5FL reticle is great for the type of shooting I do. I love the center dot.

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase. I wish I had more time to shoot it.