• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

You shouldn't have any issues buying one in Europe or Australia and bringing it back to the US other than possible customs fees and *maybe* S&B USA giving you some flak if you ever had to send it in for service... The European models have a different warranty because of some EU specific warranty laws, and not sure how they would handle that along with the issue of having a US patent infringing scope in their US service center.

Not sure if they can still ship S&B here because of dealer agreements, but possibly Optics Trade could get you one... Years ago they always had better prices than US dealers on S&B, but typically with a longer wait time.

You shouldn't have any issues buying one in Europe or Australia and bringing it back to the US other than possible customs fees and *maybe* S&B USA giving you some flak if you ever had to send it in for service... The European models have a different warranty because of some EU specific warranty laws, and not sure how they would handle that along with the issue of having a US patent infringing scope in their US service center.

Not sure if they can still ship S&B here because of dealer agreements, but possibly Optics Trade could get you one... Years ago they always had better prices than US dealers on S&B, but typically with a longer wait time.
I knew someone would have the answer. Thank you.

I knew someone would have the answer. Thank you.

Forgot to mention there should not be any potential ITAR snags in your scheme provided you bring it in from a friendly country on the ITAR list. I've shipped several day scopes to Australia for a member here and after consulting with our import/export compliance and ITAR guy here at work we determined they were exempt and noted that in the customs declaration with the USPS. They all made it there in 3-4 days and neither of us got a visit from the suits, lol

All scopes in the United States have the same limitation because a competing patent exists in United States.

Schmidt is not the only company that is affected by this, so are all other scopes sold in the United States
I am very well aware of the patent. I assume you meant to reply to someone else, like nick338.

Reactions: GBMaryland