• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Nucleus Orders

I have shot mine at the range on the bench. I am liking it. I may get some video put together of that. It does have quirks that seem to be fading as I run it more, as Lenny said.

I got a comment on one of my YouTube videos, that if the feed lips are shorter, then the shoulder of the round below it will push the round up into the CRF. I am going to cut back one of my Magpul mags and see.
That was me. Works really good with 6mm creedmoor in my bighorn sr3!

Reactions: hereinaz
. I cut the magazine lips on my accurate mag back to about 1/8” behind the shoulder. Approximately. Now the lower case pushes the top one straight up into the bolt face Before, with the unmodified magazine the upper case would get pushed up AND forward by the angled shoulder of the case underneath and jump in front of the bolt face and it would then act like a push feed. ARC magazines have approximately the same length lips as I have on my modified accurate mag. Works really well now on my bighorn SR3 It works with my 5 and my 10 round accurate mag. There is a video on YouTube also of a mausingfield showcasing this exact issue. With an accurate or AICS mag it doesn’t feed exactly perfect. But with an ALPHA mag which has similar lips to the Arc (behind the case shoulder). It feeds absolutely perfect Here it is. AT 1:15 in the video pause it. You’ll see how the lips on the alpha are behind the shoulder. And are in front of the shoulder on the aics/accurate I have a magpul mag that also tries to push feed. I may modify it also to see if it’ll work better.

Pause the video at 3:44. When he’s slow feeds the accurate mag it doesn’t fully pop the case up under the extractor and the bolt needs pushed all the way forward to center the case in the bolt head. With the shorter feed lips it is SO much smoother and I can only speculate that the nucleus will work better with that style of feed lips.

Thanks Dirtbiker.
Worked for me with my bighorn. Hopefully will work with the nucleus. Results may vary lol. I’m waiting on a 223 face nucleus so that might be a whole new animal but I’m sure I’ll get it to work. Judging by Teds products he doesn’t make mistakes very often if not at all.. the m10 rings are spectacular and all I will ever use from now on unless somehow someway he makes them even better... hint hint. A built in level! Hint. Lol And BTW on ARC ring height as previously asked earlier in the thread.... the SUPERLOW 30mm 20mm height fit my NXS 3.5-15x50 on the bighorn with about 2mm clearance on the bell to my varmint contour barrel. They also fit a swfa 42mm on a ruger American223 and a ruger American rimfire 17hmr. actually I haven’t found a platform they won’t fit besides a chassis with a tube or AR style full rail , obviously. I can’t wait to get my Nucleus !!!!

A video of your edit comment would be cool.
I'll add a video of what I was talking about sometime tomorrow. The general gist of it is that there's kind of a "half" set position for the bolt stop, and then a fully set position. If you have it in the "half set" position it'll catch/bind at the back of the bolt throw, and you can only get it into the fully set position when the bolt is almost removed from the rifle (the same position where you can undo the bolt stop from). It'll be easier to describe in the video, so I'll leave it at that for now.

I emailed PVA a couple weeks ago about my barrel when I seen others were starting to get theirs. I only asked because I didn't order thru the website but thru a PM with Josh and mailed payment so I had never checked to make sure it didn't get lost in the shuffle.

Anyway Jeremy said they were about half way thru shipping barrels then so I would think it won't be much longer if they have the blanks.

I received an email from Jeremy on Friday and said most barrels ordered for the nucleus are waiting to be lasered and should be out next week some time.

I'm sure Ted makes mistakes all the time, he just fixes them before they make it to production.

Hell, a lot of innovation comes from mistakes, like Post-It notes and ice cream cones. Edison failed hundreds or thousands of times before inventing the light bulb.
Agreed, and a better way to say what I meant ! His final products are the best of the best

That thing is sweet. And a tangent theta on top? Nice lol. Mine is gonna be a 204. With a shilen varmint contour spiral fluted by LRI in a greyboe terrain, and topped with a Vx5hd impact 29! Love thumpin coyotes with that round. So I figured why not have a sweet action! Haha Already have a load nailed down with the barrel thanks to my old savage action! All I’ll need to do is screw it toether and bed it!

Attachments

• 87A55329-C195-4CD1-B75A-EEEE816A5873.jpeg
    87A55329-C195-4CD1-B75A-EEEE816A5873.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 200
No problem. I'm just sitting here cycling it while going about my business so I'll post more videos if I notice other quirks that are hard to explain in text.

I'm putting a Criterion 6BR pre-fit on it, which should arrive sometime this week if all goes well, so I'm definitely looking forwards to getting it out to the range and testing it. The scope is just a perk of working for a TT dealer, since they let me use their demo scope for competition!

Reactions: dirtbiker250
No problem. I'm just sitting here cycling it while going about my business so I'll post more videos if I notice other quirks that are hard to explain in text.

I'm putting a Criterion 6BR pre-fit on it, which should arrive sometime this week if all goes well, so I'm definitely looking forwards to getting it out to the range and testing it. The scope is just a perk of working for a TT dealer, since they let me use their demo scope for competition!

Have you noticed anything with the ejector? Unless I’m racking the bolt with some authority, the bolt seems to get stuck as the ejector swings into place. Especially if I open the bolt fairly slow.

Have you noticed anything with the ejector? Unless I’m racking the bolt with some authority, the bolt seems to get stuck as the ejector swings into place. Especially if I open the bolt fairly slow.

Mine did the same. Keep cycling it to break it in. Push up on the bolt as you pull it back should help too. It'll eventually go away.

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
When I was first cycling the action I noticed it was far more prone to hanging up at the back of the bolt stroke than it is now (I've probably put 1-2,000 dry fire cycles on it by now, enough to make the crook of my index finger a bit sore). Now I don't really notice any binding at the back of the bolt stroke unless I have the bolt stop in the wrong position.

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
So I received my KRG Bravo stock for this Nucleus build. This is one awesome stock and GREAT value for what you get. High quality with tons of cool and useful accessory options you can add. I really like the ability to add the ARCA rail and then the Spigot attachment is friggin really nice. Very satisfied with this.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
No idea what it means but I just got notification that my pre order #29XX is complete. Not sure if I should pester them to pay the rest or what not. From the others here it sounds like they will contact for payment, so I am thinking to leave them be for a while.

What was on your order? I am a few behind you and haven’t heard anything yet.

No idea what it means but I just got notification that my pre order #29XX is complete. Not sure if I should pester them to pay the rest or what not. From the others here it sounds like they will contact for payment, so I am thinking to leave them be for a while.

29xx?! Woah, I'm 285x and haven't heard anything yet. What were your specs?

Is anyone tracking what the highest invoiced and shipped order numbers are? I know I could read back through 100's of messages to find but thought someone might know off the top of their head. Last I remember seeing was a 24XX.

Is anyone tracking what the highest invoiced and shipped order numbers are? I know I could read back through 100's of messages to find but thought someone might know off the top of their head. Last I remember seeing was a 24XX.

Looking at invoices isn't going to tell you the whole story. ARC is shipping the actions based on what they have available. I was a pretty early order and I ordered a SA, RH, standard bolt face action. I was contacted a month ago for final payment and FFL info. I changed to a magnum bolt face and they said no problem but it would be another month or two delay as they didn't have any magnum bolt heads made yet. My action likely went to the next guy in line. Either way, you could have been order number 1, but if you ordered anything other than a SA, RH, 308 bolt face, you haven't gotten your action yet.

Looking at invoices isn't going to tell you the whole story. ARC is shipping the actions based on what they have available. I was a pretty early order and I ordered a SA, RH, standard bolt face action. I was contacted a month ago for final payment and FFL info. I changed to a magnum bolt face and they said no problem but it would be another month or two delay as they didn't have any magnum bolt heads made yet. My action likely went to the next guy in line. Either way, you could have been order number 1, but if you ordered anything other than a SA, RH, 308 bolt face, you haven't gotten your action yet.
Yeah I realize that. I ordered 2 std rh 308 bolt face. Then ordered additional bolt faces in follow up order figuring they would ship once available and my order wouldn't get hung up waiting on them. At least they are doing partial orders of what they have in stock when they fill. I'm low 27XX, so will be a while still.

Yeah I realize that. I ordered 2 std rh 308 bolt face. Then ordered additional bolt faces in follow up order figuring they would ship once available and my order wouldn't get hung up waiting on them. At least they are doing partial orders of what they have in stock when they fill. I'm low 27XX, so will be a while still.
In hindsight, I wish I would have done what you did. I admit, I'm not the best customer, but shortly after asking to switch to a magnum bolt face, I wish I hadn't. I would have already gotten my action in and I could have gone with a cheap used savage pre-fit and have been shooting by now. I decided to go with a 7SAUM which has been just buggering things up. I might be trying to force a square peg into a round hole. The extra bolt head definitely sounds like the way to go.

In hindsight, I wish I would have done what you did. I admit, I'm not the best customer, but shortly after asking to switch to a magnum bolt face, I wish I hadn't. I would have already gotten my action in and I could have gone with a cheap used savage pre-fit and have been shooting by now. I decided to go with a 7SAUM which has been just buggering things up. I might be trying to force a square peg into a round hole. The extra bolt head definitely sounds like the way to go.
I'm doing a 7 saum long term too once the magnum bolt face ships. But have some savage barrels sitting around to play with till then

Anyone dropped their Nucleus into an AT AICS yet? Just wondering if the bolt handle clears the stock as-is or if the stock will need some clearancing.

Waiting on my 2x receivers (1 SA, 1 LA); going to build a new .223AI with the short action and a 7 SAUM LR/hunting rig with the long action. I'm in no rush as my barrels from Bartlein are still probably 4+ months out.

I guess I'm getting passed over since I ordered a LH action. That really sucks!
My # is 249#.
You’re not getting passed over. As they stated a long time they had a supplier back out and now they have to MFG certain pieces in house which is a positive IMO. I spoke with them last week and they’re making the LH bolt and pieces for it now and then those parts go to a supplier for coating treatment. I’m actually pleased they’re doing 95% of the MFG and they’re not relying on a supplier to make the bolt (Teds a perfectionist and that’s who I want building my action)!!! Once that’s done we will be getting our actions. We should be getting our action in “early to mid August.” That’s for SA 308 bolt face anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: character0